Page 104 of 144 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Addicted to Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook. It's like Tetris but you have a 1 minute time limit and competing with friends/coworkers adds to the fun.

http://apps.facebook.com/bejeweledbl...kmarks&count=0

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Comic Quest. A charming and funny turn-based RPG by Double Fine on XBLA/PSN. You play as a little kid trying to rescue his/her twin sibling on Halloween, all the while wearing a costume, completing quests and collecting candy. The battles can be different depending on the Halloween costume you're currently wearing.

Loving this game, continues to make me laugh out loud and it's just such a pleasure to play. I mean, it's not really challenging (so far) but it's so damned enjoyable. The combat does get a little samey but you hardly notice.

Grab the demo on XBLA if you get the chance.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Blog Entries
    I googled it and nothing came up, can you indicate me to a wiki page or maybe a review website?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I googled it and nothing came up, can you indicate me to a wiki page or maybe a review website?
    I think he's talking about Costume Quest.

After playing part time for the past 3 or 4 months, my cousin and I finally beat New Super Mario Bros Wii....well, somewhat. We skipped past Worlds 4 & 5 and we didn't get all the star coins. I think we'll continue through and collect everything eventually but we're planning to go through Dead Space: Extraction and Donkey Kong Returns.

I have sporadically been playing Red Dead Redemption via Gamefly. I am considering purchasing it and getting the zombie DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    I have sporadically been playing Red Dead Redemption via Gamefly. I am considering purchasing it and getting the zombie DLC.
    Likewise. I have the game, just want to play with zombies. Now that the semester is almost over, I can take on zombies in the wild wild west.

edit: Weird, I just checked and it seems I don't have the game anymore. Thinking back, I think I traded it in to Gamestop and bought some other game with the $25 credit.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Marik View Post
    I think he's talking about Costume Quest.
    Lmao, I'm an idiot. Yes, Costume Quest. I'd just been reading about comics a minute prior to making that post.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Halo Reach anyone? I find myself enjoying taking the lives of others with headshots and sticky grenades. But I have to visit a friend everytime I want to play it. I want to buy the 360 Slim Halo bundle but they don't sell it here.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

Super Meat Boy.
    The game is as tough as guy eating razors for his breakfast and drinking sulfuric acid after that.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Golden Sun DS, finally an old school style jrpg that isn't a complete pain in the ass to play.

I recently got addicted to Dawn of Discovery (Anno 1404 in europe). Civilization 5 was a huge disappointment for me, so this game serves as a nice replacement.

The game pretty much have you maintain a fiefdom and you advance through it by providing the population with what they need. The people require basic necessity such as food, religion, community and drinks. They advance in rank from peasants at the lowest to noblemen at the highest and each tier has it's own set of requirement that get more complex as you progress. Peasants only requires fish for food, but citizen will wants spices too and also require new category such as entertainment. There's also trading with the orient (middle east mostly) for rare resources like spices.

The campaign pretty much function as a giant tutorial and there's a continuous mode where the game becomes a big sandbox and let you build your own island city and fight other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    Golden Sun DS, finally an old school style jrpg that isn't a complete pain in the ass to play.

I recently got addicted to Dawn of Discovery (Anno 1404 in europe). Civilization 5 was a huge disappointment for me, so this game serves as a nice replacement.

The game pretty much have you maintain a fiefdom and you advance through it by providing the population with what they need. The people require basic necessity such as food, religion, community and drinks. They advance in rank from peasants at the lowest to noblemen at the highest and each tier has it's own set of requirement that get more complex as you progress. Peasants only requires fish for food, but citizen will wants spices too and also require new category such as entertainment. There's also trading with the orient (middle east mostly) for rare resources like spices.

The campaign pretty much function as a giant tutorial and there's a continuous mode where the game becomes a big sandbox and let you build your own island city and fight other people.
    Please say it is multiplayer it sounds amazing.

I played the previous golden suns and thought they were good, is this one on par?

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Anno 1404 has multiplayer, Anno XXXX always had multiplayer as far as I know (1602 1503 and what not)

The original doesn't have multiplayer, but the Venice expansion does support multiplayers up to 4 and Coop up to 8. You can buy DoD gold off steam for 30$ and it'll have both the original game + the expansion.

I really enjoy Dark Dawn so far, but i hear a lot of complaints from old fans. There's several point in the story that stop you from backtracking and apparently people have a huge problem with that. I don't think it's anything major though, if you like the old GS then you'll most likely enjoy this one.
    Last edited by Dark Dragon; Sat, 12-18-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Not so much games I've been playing (still Fallout NV and Super Meat Boy), but I picked up one of the Special Edition Xbox 360 controllers with the transforming d-pad while I was out shopping for other things.

Huge improvement. I modded one of the wired controllers a few years ago to remove 70% of the plastic ring surrounding the d-pad. That fixed most of my problem in fighters where I use the d-pad instead of the analog stick (SCIV, GGXX#reloaded mostly).

So I tried out the transforming d-pad with my standard test. Performing Dizzy's Gamma Ray in GGXX (fwd, back, fwd, half-circle forward - HS).

With the standard 360 d-pad: I can manage about 3/10 tries.
    With my modded wired pad (70% material removed): 7/10 tries.
    With the transforming pad: 5/10 tries.

That doesn't sound like a huge improvement until you take in this other factor into account. Even with the modded controller, I still have trouble doing the standard Arksys super move (forward, half-circle forward - S). I pulled off 3/4 in combat against the AI with the transforming pad.

I highly recommend grabbing one of these controllers if you're into fighters on the 360 and you don't use an arcade stick.

I was once playing Soul Calibur 4 torunament(small local one) - the only console that organizer had was xbox360s - i'm mostly using d-pad in SC4 and it was awful, especially when you are used to dual shock style d-pad.

Lately i've been playing mostly wow cata, and LoL - but i'll play some BlazBlue during xmass break.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Why would you use the dpad for SC4? SC pretty much invented the 8-way run and is supposed to be played with the analog stick >_>.
    -----------------

It was way easier for me to do combos with Siegfried and Amy with d-pad than with analog, but i can't even do basic stuff with Taki using d-pad.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Why would you use the dpad for SC4? SC pretty much invented the 8-way run and is supposed to be played with the analog stick >_>.
    Pretty much what Xelbair said. I too play Siegfried, and precision is far more important for the slow and deliberate characters. I used to play Amy too (I'm only competitive against the CPU with her though...) and you want the d-pad for quicker inputs. Setsuka and Taki are the same way, you need the precision that an analog stick doesn't give you in most games.

It's meant to be played with an Arcade Stick, Hilde's complete non-functionality on a controller is proof of that.

The only fighter that I've ever preferred the analog to over the d-pad is BlazBlue. Arksys spent a lot of time and development to port that over properly. GGXX did an admirable job with a controller d-pad because the inputs were programmed to be forgiving. BlazBlue is less forgiving, but the analog sticks work quite nicely there. Namco didn't do it correctly in SC4, the analogs are sloppy.

The only arcade in Houston recently got one of the few SSFIV arcade machine coming to the US. I've been constantly reminded of how much i need to improve XD. The only way for me to practice with Yun or Yang is to lose to much better players.