Page 106 of 144 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    It just failed to pull me in. I love the retro setting, which was half the reason I was playing it, but I just really couldn't care about what my goals or what was going on in the world. The speeches by the various guys didn't help clear that up neither.
    That's exactly the same issue I had. I was just a guy (possibly also an asshole depending on playstyle), heading off to kill another asshole (so we were told), by yet another asshole. Stealing the little sisters from the big daddies felt wrong almost all the time. They're just doing their thing, and plasmids weren't really effective enough to merit needing all that ADAM. The guns worked just fine on their own.

I lost all motivation.

Bioshock 2 on the other hand, gave you a purpose. I loved it. You were there to save someone dear to you, with revenge as a side dish. You could actually be caring to the little sisters, because you could protect them to get what you wanted as an added benefit, and then send them off on their way. Plasmid combos were a lot more effective, and I used them nearly all of the time with their complimentary weapons.

In Bioshock 2 you were a savior (yes, even if you were evil) and a mentor, rescuing someone who dearly needed you from a false savior who would twist her for their own selfish ends.

In Bioshock, you were just another prick in a sea of them.

Atelier Rorona - PS3
    Mortal Kombat - PS3
    Prinny 2 - PSP
    Dragon Quest IV - NDS
    Digital Devil Saga 2 - PS2

So yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    It just failed to pull me in. I love the retro setting, which was half the reason I was playing it, but I just really couldn't care about what my goals or what was going on in the world. The speeches by the various guys didn't help clear that up neither.

Maybe I'll give it another go later after I finish Mass Effect 1&2 (assuming I even finish those before all the shooters come out towards the end of the year).
    By "speeches" do you mean the radio conversations from Atlas and Ryan? Or the radio messages scattered about?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    That's exactly the same issue I had. I was just a guy (possibly also an asshole depending on playstyle), heading off to kill another asshole (so we were told), by yet another asshole. Stealing the little sisters from the big daddies felt wrong almost all the time. They're just doing their thing, and plasmids weren't really effective enough to merit needing all that ADAM. The guns worked just fine on their own.
    You do seem like just some guy when you play through the game but you find out a lot more about your character when you get closer to the end of the game. He was surprisingly (well, surprising to me at least) quite significant to the story.

I thought it was the right thing to do when it came to saving the Little Sisters because in the story they're all kidnapped from their families. You weren't really stealing them from the Big Daddies...the Big Daddies were just made to protect the Little Sisters from splicers while they gathered ADAM from corpses.

I can see your point about the plasmids feeling kind of useless in the first game. I mostly used Electro Bolt as a stun method to keep enemies away from me while I dispatched them. The Electric Buck ammo for the shotgun also did the same so I guess the Plasmid wasn't too necessary.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Speeches meant everything. Anything that wasn't a direct instruction.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Ah. Well, maybe you'll be able to get into it if you ever give it another chance. I do completely understand where you're coming from, though. I started playing Transformers: War for Cybertron and after about an hour in I just didn't care to play any more. My cousin keeps insisting I stick it out for a bit more but if a game can't pull me in after 1 or 2 hours then I find it hard keep with it. Instead of being fun, it feels like a grinding chore.

Blog Entries
    I just finished Kameo and enjoyed it, good game especially for a launch title

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I just finished Kameo and enjoyed it, good game especially for a launch title
    I really want to call you a bastard, but I won't since I guess you did technically right a wrong

It was a different game. Refreshing at the time of its release.

I have been replaying Oblivion in my post-op downtime. Hope Skyrim has a little more variety in Character voicing.

Switching between Catherine, Civ5, and a little into Fallout: NV here and there while waiting for the last DLC (Old World Blues was awesome btw, totally made up for now terrible the first two were).

Might go back to Dynasty Warriors 7 now that the three main costume DLCs are out.

Switching between Catherine
    Your thoughts? Currently on Last Stage, Hard Mode, with Gold Statues on all scenes . 1st run.

I'm way far behind. Not even remotely close to where you are. Like stage 2-2 in terms of not even remotely close. Playing on Normal, and occasionally it makes me feel really dumb. :/

Reason why?
    Civ5
    Curse that infernal game! Just one more turn...

Well, I did take off a week from work and played the hell of Cathy. Im at 45 hours at this moment as well. Some maps drove me crazy in Hard Mode. But managed to Gold them.

Blog Entries
    Does the ranking have to do with how much time it takes to complete a map? Because i fucking hate it when a game makes me rush in any way...

You do have time, but not exact time per se. I mean... its not like they tell you to do the scene in two minutes. You take a step upwards and you have about 10 seconds to take the next step. That next step can be immediate. Also you do not need a perfect run to get a gold, but its easier.

I've taken up to 3 hours to gold a scene. But not because of time, but rather difficulty. By the time I'm able to reach the last step I already know the safe route and get a gold. I rarely reach the top without gold... of course I don't use the checkpoints since they practically force you out of the gold and give you silver or bronze.

Consider I'm playing in hard mode too.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Dynasty Warriors: Gundum Musou 3.

Playing the hard missions are annoying, and I'm once again reminded of the fact that in fights against heroes, pretty much whoever catches the other person in a combo wins. Fighting multiple heroes suck because they usually move in a group and kill you before you even finish a combo.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis

Kicking it old school with a classic PS2 RPG. I've been addicted to this game for a month.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Heretic Azazel View Post
    Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis

Kicking it old school with a classic PS2 RPG. I've been addicted to this game for a month.
    It's indeed some good shit, the alchemist wheel can become weirdly addictive

I just finished Catherine in Hard Mode. Wow... that was an awesome game. I'll probably play on easy mode now to rush towards the other SEVEN endings... this motherfucker has 8 endings. Awesome

About to start another replay of Skies of Arcadia, whoo. Love this game, and there's not much good RPGs to play lately.

Turns out that since I cleared each Catherine stage with a Gold Rank now I can skip all the gameplay to go directly to the story scenes. This is quite good if you want to get all 8 endings. Specially considering I clocked about 55 hours on a single play.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    Turns out that since I cleared each Catherine stage with a Gold Rank now I can skip all the gameplay to go directly to the story scenes. This is quite good if you want to get all 8 endings. Specially considering I clocked about 55 hours on a single play.
    A real man would play it all over again those 7 times though...