Page 108 of 144 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2864

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Just finished BloodRayne: Betrayal.
    -----------------

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Still playing Gundam Musou 3. Been playing the DLC suits, they've been pretty fun.

Lockon's one is really fun to watch and use. His mech's the first I've used where a shot-gundam actually shoots most of the time instead of just using it to finish a combo. His range also means that it will disrupt most enemies' melee combo patterns while you're out of their range.

In terms of damage output though, Allelujah's mops the floor compared to Lockon's. That said, I wasn't able to complete this part of a mission where I had to destroy 1000 suits in 5 minutes. Master Asia managed to do it - but I think even he would have failed if he didn't have the Magnetic Force skill.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Just finished BloodRayne: Betrayal.
    Just started BloodRayne: Betrayal.

I like WayForward's handheld titles (Shantae!), but Bloodrayne makes me feel like I am absolutely *terrible* at games in general. I mean, I wasn't all that great at Shank (which plays much the same way), but Bloodrayne Betrayal's combat doesn't flow nearly as easily.

It's the cheap shots from range that really make this suffer. There isn't a very effective way (or at least it isn't readily apparent) for Rayne to avoid even regular gunshots when she's slicing up a foe in melee. The limited (but very powerful) ammo feels limiting.

I love the style, I like the music, but Bloodrayne was better in 3D. Not having voice-over (particularly Laura Bailey's dripping sarcastic delivery) hurts it as well.

This is what I posted about it on gamefaqs:

My problems with it:
    input lag, there is a definite input lag in the game, like if you were to fire the gun, it often doesn't come out straight away > you press twice to confirm, but because of the lag rayne now shoots twice. This lag is very annoying for when you want her to jump or dodge and she just won't do anything.
    I've had her stand still while I was mashing A to jump.

general clunkiness, the combat system should've allowed moves to be canceled by the dodge. It's great that it's invincible and all, but I'd rather have a shorter frame of invicibility for a dodge that can cancel some of her long animatons.

Platforming, the platforming later on becomes quite testing simply because rayne LOVES to skid even after moving only a milimeter.

To be honest, I had the most fun with the game the first time you get to use raven mode for a bit.

Overall I still enjoyed the game a lot despite it's frustrations. It could've been amazing, but in the end it's "just" a good game.
    Though I have to add, after I finished it, and I went back to the first stage to just mess around, I totally murdered everything. Once you manage to adapt to the aforementioned issues it definitly becomes more fun.
    Seriously though, some of the platforming later on feels like you are playing supermeatboy...with less precise control; far less.

As a small tip to those struggling, don't be afraid to use the gun, it's a lifesaver. but always try to get the enemies on one side of the screen before doing that; rayne has a bunch of moves that will push the enemies to the other. When in trouble just headstomp into aircombo into down attack, this will make rayne do an invincible stomp attack that has a lot of splash damage.
    For a somewhat improvised dodge, I always used 3-hit combo > forward+attack.

Also mash jump when you get knocked down; there are ZERO invincibility frames if you let rayne get up normally, if you mash she will flash white and recover instantly with some invincibility.

But yeah overall fun game, frustrating at times. I can see why some people call it super difficult.
    -----------------

I was able to get Dead Rising 2 for $3. Is that a good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj View Post
    I was able to get Dead Rising 2 for $3. Is that a good deal?
    What platform? That's an awesome deal.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

PS3. I have never played it, but I saw the opportunity to get it for like $3.50 and will get it in a few days.

LIMBO. Those Danish bastards are twisted man. Got all the trophies for this game except one, which you're not supposed to die more then 5 times for. Frustrating but otherwise a great game. Pitfall! anyone?
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Tue, 09-20-2011 at 06:40 AM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

I picked up Muramasa: The Demon Blade today. I've heard it's a good game....anyone here play it?

I'm playing Gears of War 3. Typical Gears game. Fun but frustrating.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Frustrating?
    -----------------

Your squadmates run too far ahead and engage enemies while you're busy looking for collectibles, your squadmates run in front of your line of fire, your squadmates don't come revive you when you're hurt. All frustrating gameplay elements.

Haven't experienced any of that.
    -----------------

Playing on casual or hardcore mode? And are you bothering to look for collectible items? If not, then you can actually keep up with your squad.

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post
    I picked up Muramasa: The Demon Blade today. I've heard it's a good game....anyone here play it?
    I played a bit of it, and will have to get back to it some time. If only it wasn't on the Wii...

I really enjoy it though. It demands quite a bit more skill to play successfully than Vanillaware's previous 2D action RPG Odin Sphere.

I am addicted to Vanillaware games. I adore the art style (hand drawn ftw!), love the mechanics of their games, enjoy the stories immensely, and the voice work is top-notch too.

...and I own both Momohime and Velvet (Odin Sphere) figurines.

Greatly anticipating Grand Knights History (being localized to the PSP for both NA and Europe) and Dragon's Crown (for PS3 and the Vita). A Vita will be worth buying for those two titles alone.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Fri, 09-23-2011 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Playing on casual or hardcore mode? And are you bothering to look for collectible items? If not, then you can actually keep up with your squad.
    Insane, and yes I look around.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post
    One of the few games that makes me not regret buying a Wii.

I just played Momohime's side of the story though... will need to return one of this days to play the rest.
    Its a pain playing with a wiimote though... I never bought a classic controler pro

Anyway... I'm currently playing LA Noire. Beautiful game.

Blog Entries
    What do you mean pain? Lazy bum...

I played my cousins wii a while back, shit was super fun. I was all over the place with that remote, i'm buying one when it's like 50 euros

Let me rephrase... Its a pain playing a side-scrolling game (with no WiiMote functionality) with a WiiMote.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    Let me rephrase... Its a pain playing a side-scrolling game (with no WiiMote functionality) with a WiiMote.
    Burn it with fire