Page 22 of 144 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Legend of Mana blows goatballs. But actually Seiken Densetsu 3, which I mentioned, is also a sequel to Secret of Mana and is the one that came before Legend of Mana (which would be Seiken Densetsu 4, Secret of Mana being Seiken Densetsu 2).

So long story short, yeah, Legend of Mana and the games following it suck ass. Which is a shame, because SD2 & 3 are both brilliant.

Also, the intro in Legend of Mana is actually in swedish. Imagine my reaction when I played that game and heard a swedish voice open it up. I damn near almost fainted.

Just started playing Suikoden I since my ROM finally finished downloading...

Upstate, south side, west region, east of the 7-11.
    Quote Originally Posted by drims
    Starcraft Broodwar,, its so fun!

Any one wana game with me? Message me at DyW-Drims
    But really guys i need a friend on Starcraft Broodwar. All my friends stop playing the time I was gone

Super Smash Bros Melee i love this game. Its so fun! and chess on yahoo.
    According to MR. squiggles in this link I am also playing the mary kate ad ashley game

P.S. I own supa smash melee with young link
    Last edited by drims; Tue, 03-28-2006 at 04:22 PM.

Made by IFHTT
    “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by Budweineken
    Just started playing Suikoden I since my ROM finally finished downloading...
    Awesome game.
    Had a great time playing that one nonstop over a weekend and getting all characters.

Lik-Sang is sending me my copy of Narutimate Portable.

Needless to say, downtime at work will no longer consist of wikipedia coupled with games of "What tastes best when dipped in nasty hospital ginger ale?"

That place over there........ahh never mind
    well hopefully by 5 p.m I'll currently be playing KH2, and if I'm not then well people will probably pay.

R.I.P Captain America.

Playing through Ninja Gaiden, again.

Civ 4. I'm getting my ass kicked by the aztecs

Just started playing FEAR. Currently at the beginning of level 5. I don't know about you, but so far it's not as scary as some people claim.

Kingdom Hearts 2. Awsome battle system

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    I just spent 70 hours over the last 9 days or so playing through Dragon Quest 8. The game's been mentioned here before, but I think it deserves more attention than it's gotten, so I'm going to give it some!

This game is a masterpiece -- one of the best, if not THE best rpg to land in the console realm since the PS2 came into existence.

The storyline is pretty predictable (as you'd expect from a DQ game), but the game handles it very well -- developing the main characters and several peripheral ones, as well as giving the villains some degree of depth (while still leaving him as a twisted caricature of a person). The plot remains focused, not entangling itself too heavily with any one thing, but not feeling like it's glossing over relevant parts either. And pacing is very consistent, and I'd say generally very good.

The game's world feels very, very large (it's a good 10 or 15 minute walk, avoiding battles and following the roads, to get from one city to another), but still remains navigable thanks to handy warp items and spells that you get fairly early on (and later "vehicles" of various types). So, epic size (ie: lots of freedom), but not so incredibly large as to make it too easy to get lost.

There's a good balance of character customizability, falling somewhere between the early locked in roles of FFX's sphere grid and the complete lack of character skillset differentiation in FF7. All characters have very specific strengths and weaknesses, and the weapon skill system is nice in that it lets you develop your characters to play a little differently and use different skills, while still keeping them very distinct.

Gameplay mechanics are powerlevel-friendly (there's a skill to immediately enter call a random battle, and there's some monsters that are just massive experience mines, that regularly show up in certain areas), but not game-breakingly so. You could beat the game with your level in the lower-mid 30's with a reasonable degree of challenge, or you could level moderately and take it at 45 like I did, or you could powerlevel for a hours and take it at level 60, and the final boss fight still wouldn't be stupidly easy. The random encounter rate is a little high (partly because the world is so big), but it's easy to adjust it down with an ability the hero learns fairly early, or with fairly inexpensive items -- so if you really want to just get to the next plot point or the next town, you can fire off one of those and go about your business largely unmolested. There's even an ability "intimidate" that you can use to scare weaker monsters off, which is kind of funny.

Probably the single strongest point of this game is the art, both visual and audio. Character (and some monster) designs by Akira Toriyama, with a beautifully immersive world (another thing it's got over FFX and many others: completely free camera control). The art style is tastefully cel-shaded 3d models. Other cel-shaded 3d games (windwaker, for example) generally feel a bit too cartoony, but DQ brings a very slick, vibrant anime feel, which just suits it incredibly well. It doesn't have the same sort of kiddie look that people associate with cel shading.

But the video isn't the only strong point. The music is incredibly well-composed, and after a couple hours I found myself humming along to the overworld theme. It's well-suited environmental music, which really captures the essence of the game very nicely.

The other side of the audio -- the voice acting and sound effects -- are also great. While the combat sound effects are a bit traditional, the voice acting is the most perfectly well-suited I could picture for the game. Unlike a lot of other games that have made it across the pacific, there's not a single time that the voice acting broke me out of the moment. It just really felt natural, with every voice sounding completely natural for the character that it was matched to. Nobody's caught out of character, there's no unnatural hitches as people try to synch lips to the Japanese track (partly because there was no Japanese track to synch to, and partly because

My only real complaint is that saving is more of a chore than I'm used to -- but that's offset by the fact that when you die, you just revive at the last save point, missing half your gold. You don't even lose items or anything, and about halfway through the game you get access to a "gold bank" that you can deposit your spare change in to keep it safe from the effects of accidental death.

Overall, this game is really excellent, and a fine example of an exceedingly well-done rpg. If you like the non-mmorpg console rpg genre at all, I would say that it's definitely a must-play game.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    Currently playing, Keepsake.

crappy point & click game... and i already almost finish it, keepsake is so easy that it even allow you to resolve any of the puzzle in 4 mouse click...

I just beat Darkengard 2 and have to get the 2 secret endings. I liked the 1st drakengard also, a game I recommend created by Square. Im also playing Suikoden 4 which is an alright game so far, I dont know why people didn't like it that much.
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    there i just finished the game KeepSake... and if i had to put a note on it.. it would be 5/10, only because of the story and the graphic (even if the character animation sucked)

going back to play MapleStory (hehe lvl 50)

Upstate, south side, west region, east of the 7-11.
    Warcraft 3 , its very cool game .. and i always play minesweeper, im very good at M.S. i have a record of 3 seconds for the 9x9 map.

Made by IFHTT
    “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by Terracosmo
    Awesome game.
    Had a great time playing that one nonstop over a weekend and getting all characters.
    Just finished Suikoden I. Starting Suikoden II now...

Been playing Ragnarok Online lately. I've also been replaying Metroid Prime.

Last week I finished .hack//Quarantine for the 1st time (bougth it alongside Outbreak just 2 months ago).

Now I am currently playing Kingdom Hearts 2

After 70hrs I'm finally nearing the end to MS Saga(Just got Wing Zero), after I finish I can finally open up Suikoden V. Hopefully I can start on KH2 by the end of this month depending on how long/good Suikoden is, it's my first Suikoden so dunno what to expect.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

ms saga black screens me after the first cinematic ( where the ms comes in, and the hero says they'll have to fight ), i was like, omg LOADING CRAZZEEEE, but it was just stuck for some reason >_> T_T

oh and tomb raider legend is crazy, lara PWNS the prince
    Last edited by darkshadow; Tue, 04-04-2006 at 10:51 AM.