Page 34 of 144 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Make sure ya play it high resolution without AA and above Medium settings. Otherwise, it might run fast, but it'll just look like regular old far-cry on a new map.

Even if ya only get like 10 fps, crank everything all-round up to at least high. Then look at that baby.

First there was Doom, then Half-Life, Half-Life 2, and now theres Crysis. 'Maximum Game'
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    Make sure ya play it high resolution without AA and above Medium settings. Otherwise, it might run fast, but it'll just look like regular old far-cry on a new map.

Even if ya only get like 10 fps, crank everything all-round up to at least high. Then look at that baby
    No worries there, im able to play it on very high without AA. Running very smooth. Well it was somehow expected but this game is beautiful : |

Im also liking The Witcher the more im playing it, the art and graphics are really awesome. It has a bit darker feel without theese good and bad contrasts that seems to be written in law that every rpg should have theese days. This game is shaping up to be one of my favorite pc rpg's, ahead of oblivion and neverwinter nights.
    Also getting a bit annoyed on the only review that's up for the game on Eurogamer, he gave the game a 7 due to things like no character customization in the start claiming it's not an rpg without it... The reader average there being 9.6

Also got ahold of jericho but no time for that in theese AA title times

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    Downloading The Witcher from this morning, and playing Crysis, and MAN THESE GRAPHICS ARE SO EFFING SWEET~!~ Revolutionary Game! Most realistic game of all time!

So buying the full thing.

Warning: You should at least have a quad, and decked out with dual 8800's if you plan on actually enjoying this game. Can't wait for the full thing.
    say what? im running on a quad with a SINGLE x1950pro 256mb, and i get 20-30 fps, add to the fact that ati's drivers are shit for this game right now and that i had to DISABLE crossfire to get acceptable performance ( with crossfire it dips to 9-18 fps, which is rediculous ofcourse ) means you really don't need dual 8800's, saying that based of a dual 8600gts setup is just dumb, the drivers for this game need be optimized further.

also im playing jericho, VF5, eternal sonata, and the crysis demo atm ( damn VF5 rox!)
    -----------------

Nintendo DS: Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Sonic Rush Adventure, Tetris DS

I recently got myself a Wii, so I've been doing some WiiSports, hahaha. I can't WAIT for Fire Emblem to come up in 8 days!!

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Went with a few friends of mine last night for the midnight launch of Guitar Hero III.

It's ok I guess. I'm really just waiting for Rock Band though.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Awesome user with default custom title RedX1z's Avatar
    Playing Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, Mega Man ZX Advent, and Bleach: The Blade of Fate.
    Signature by Lucifus

She knows what you did last summer..

------------私はコピーX 及びSimca が空を征服することを信じる------------

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Aww, I'm so jealous, Xan. I wish I could afford Guitar Hero 3 right now.

Otherwise though....yeah, I'm still playing the same game I was two years ago. Guild Wars still owns my life.

Quote Originally Posted by KitKat
    Aww, I'm so jealous, Xan. I wish I could afford Guitar Hero 3 right now.
    I'm not a huge fan. It honestly plays and feels like a poorly-made imitation. You'll get your share of difficult songs though, so it's definitely got replay value - or it could just be a complete chore to finish. I think I had fun, but several things really don't sit well with me in this game.

I think it's mainly because I can't get my head around why Tom Morello is a "boss" in this game . Seriously, out of the thousands of guitar virtuosos they could have chosen, they picked Tom Morello instead?
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Tue, 10-30-2007 at 10:11 AM.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Persona 3, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Eureka 7 Vol 2. What? Tom Morello is the boss? They could have picked a different person.
    Last edited by ian_sanzo; Thu, 11-01-2007 at 03:27 PM.

Hellgate: London.

If you thought the beta had a few issues, the overwhelming majority of them are gone. There's some slowdown in the towns at peak hours, but then again, there are anywhere from 25 to 50 people in a small area. When it's a little slower in the afternoon, I have no problems. It's a fun instanced RPG (MMO only in finding party members, having a guild, etc) that looks great on older machines due to it's fairly low minimum reqs. I've heard the smoke effects with DX10 are phenomenal, but since I'm still running a 2.66Ghz Pentium 4, I get "medium" quality graphics that look better than most MMOs. I could probably bump it up, but I've always been performance over graphics (too bad for you Crysis, <10 frames per second).

It's just been a ton of fun. If you're looking for the true successor to Diablo 2, look no further. Similarities and inside jokes abound. The classes can attract a lot of people with different playstyles. Marksman is straight out of a FPS, Blademaster the good old hack-and-slash, Guardians for those who always like paladins, and even two different types of pet players.

If you want pets supporting you, take the more relaxed pace that goes with an Engineer. Want things a little more frantic, heavily reliant on your pets, play a Summoner.

As always, there's more than one way to play each class too.

If you actually pay attention to the story and dialogue, some of the NPCs are actually hilarious.

Well all the hype for MGS4 has me going back and playing MGS-MGS3. Probably gonna pick up Ratchet and Clank Future soon along with Assassins Creed after i finish my MGS kick.

Currently only playing Bleach Blade Battlers 2nd and some Eternal sonata.
    BBB2nd is really a much better game then the first one, too bad it follows the anime and not the manga, at least restored uryuu and vaizard ichigo are in.
    -----------------

zelda phantom hourglass. <3<3<3

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_sanzo
    Persona 3, Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Eureka 7 Vol 2. What? Tom Morello is the boss? They could have picked a different person.
    Oh, Guitar Hero 3...

Tom Morello is not the boss. He's a boss. One of three. Boss number two is Slash from GNR. Boss three is ... not a very well-kept secret. He goes by Lou.

I'm not a big fan of the gameplay changes from GH2. The non-hopo notes that should, by gh2 standards, be hopos annoy the crap outta me (see also: Black Magic Woman). The giant timing windows on HOPOs take away a lot of the challenge for a lot of songs (I shouldn't be able to make it through the insane fast ascending-triple part of the One solo on expert without star power).

A lot of the earlier tier songs are uninteresting to play (seems they were chosen more for radio airtime than for interesting charts and solos). Many (1/3 to 1/2) of the bonus songs sound like crap and are not fun to play, which is a divergence from GH1 and 2 where all but maybe 3 of the bonus songs per game were interesting and good.

My roommate and I have been playing for a week, and I'm a couple 5-stars away from shifting entirely back to persona 3.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    A lot of the earlier tier songs are uninteresting to play (seems they were chosen more for radio airtime than for interesting charts and solos).
    "Story of my Life" or whatever it's called is the longest, most boring and repetitive song I've ever heard. It doesn't help that the character designs are hideous, so you have to stare at the singers awful face for 4 minutes while he churns out another obnoxious verse "it's the stoooryyy of my liiii---iiiiiiiiiiiiife"

The fact that there's only 2 bosses that are actual guitar players makes me think that Activision and Red Octane maybe originally planned for there to be a whole lot more, but then couldn't get the rest, and just stuck with Morello and Slash because people know their names. I'm not saying Morello isn't good, he's just not so technically skillful that I would think of him as a boss in a rhythm game.

Edit: Just recently beat Halo 3 on Heroic. Gonna try for Legendary now...
    Last edited by XanBcoo; Sun, 11-04-2007 at 01:50 PM.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    I'm not saying Morello isn't good, he's just not so technically skillful that I would think of him as a boss in a rhythm game.
    See, the disconnect I have is the concept of bosses in a rhythm game at all.

The "boss" of a rhythm game is the last song. That one with the really hard solos and the crazy riff. It's Bark at the Moon (or possibly Cowboys from Hell... srsly). It's Freebird. It's even Psychobilly Freakout. (it's not "One" ... that song's pretty easy, even on expert, as long as you've got star power for the insane ascending triple solo).

The "boss fight" dynamic (as interfering with an opponent's ability to play effectively) makes little sense in the context of what the game is.

naruto rise of a ninja...

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for the Wii.
    Seems like the rumors were true; Part 1 of the game is REALLY difficult, even in normal mode.

Nino Fury
    Currently I am playing Guilty Gear XX #Reload, trying to get all the unlocks again on my 360 since I lost all my saves on my original Xbox. Fun fact, things tend to go wrong when you upgrade a Spanish softmod with an English update.

DS:
    megaman ZX: plays out alot like megaman Zero 1-4, only that all the charecters are now idiots, and I can't save state and get perfect scores each time. i'm about 60% done with it.

Avatar the last airbender: quite simple, but does the trick, go to X spot, fight some wolves in the way, get money and EXP, get to another place, the mini-games are really fun though.

Dragon Quest Heroes; Rocket slimes: The only game since monster trainer that makes you fight as a slime, it's fairly fun, but the castle bombbing fights are getting too freaquent.

Blaceh; Blade of Fate: Select a charecter, fight a few unrelated ones, win and get a new charecter to play as. reptative as hell.