Page 54 of 144 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

I want to play Mirror's Edge, but I think I'd have problems with it. I still get nauseous when playing some games, though I've gotten a lot better in the past few years.

Then I see stuff like this and it completely puts me off:
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/11/3/

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I thought Mirror's Edge was pretty cool. But I'm not a big first-person fan. I still think all the stunts could have been pulled off in third-person as well. I'll probably be renting this though.

That's really the draw. All the stunts could've been pulled off and stuff in 3rd person yeah, but then it would just feel like an Assassin's Creed or a Prince of Persia.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    It looks promising, and is the most creative new IP this year, but it's 99% a rent game, since you can probably finish it in 5-6 hours. They were talking about how you can complete different levels going different routes or using different things, but honestly it just sounds like a cheap way to try and get replay value in without much thought or hassle.
    From the few reviews that has been done of this game so far they have stated that it's roughly around 8-10 hours long (also gotten 9+ from all reviews so far) I loved the demo and will most likely pick the game up later.

Im currently playing Valkyria chronicles and LittleBigPlanet

Finally dragged myself away from Gears 2 long enough to play my shiny new Left 4 Dead demo. Anyone else picking this up? It's gonna be a blast multiplayer. Should get some Gotwoot games going.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

I'm still playing MGO. Can't get good enough to beat those fox hounds though.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Played some of the Left 4 Dead demo on the 360. I'm definitely gonna pick this up. It's sooooooooo fun. It sounds simple on paper, but playing it is so much more fun.

Some Sonic Unleashed Footage

I'm really excited about this game, tbh. Though, who knows if they'll fuck it up like the past couple Sonic games. The last good sonic game was Sonic Adventures, so yeah. I grew up playing Sonic on the Genesis, so I just pray this'll not be a piece of shit.

I picked up Mirror's Edge today (full game). It's... a lot more difficult than I imagined. I thought it'd be pretty cruisy. Anything but.

Finally, the deed is done. Five hours off of my scheduled deadline, I've hit 70, and it feels awesome. Now, on to 80. At least this time I won't have to fight the clock :P.
    Now 99% disease free!

Too bad you didn't get to do any of the 70 content. Or did you?

Gonna pick up a copy later, not hardcore enough to scour for midnight openings and play all night.

I just bought my Mirrors Edge Copy, i'll leave it for nighttime and tomorrow morning. I only finished training - controls = awesome, graphics = very good, gameplay = epic, especialy with ps3 motion sensors.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Well, Animus, I didn't, but I suppose there's always an ability to backtrack to Outland and PuG Illidan, right? As for WotLK, I picked up my preordered copy earlier tonight, and now all I'm waiting for is the digital upgrade to finish (go go not having a DVD drive on my computer).
    Now 99% disease free!

I had to download my shit. Turns out my dvd drive is busted.

Maybe SecuROM messed up your DVD drive.

I'm still playing Dead Space which I find I can only play for 30 minutes at a time. It does set your nerves on edge, though it's not really twisted freaky axe-murderer scary. It's scary because of tricks they play like sudden messages or something falling on you out of nowhere or moody music. Still a great game for FPS-lovers and horror game enthusiasts.

I'm starting on Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on the X360. Pretty fun game. Kind of different feel since I played Vegas 1 on the PC and I'm better with the keyboard and mouse than the game controller.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Dead Space doesn't set your nerves on the edge, compared to F.E.A.R. - i'm at act 4 beginning(so much other games to play - and finally i got my hands on ps2. and time to do my homewor... i mean God of War, Devil May Cry(i played only the 3rd), Tales of..., Finals etc :] - so i don't have enough time for Dead Space). In fear just seeing girl walk up to you can freak you up - especially if you are going down a ladder and hear steps and laugh and just see Alma's foots. And those silent scenes - nothing happens for like 5 minutes while you are in such state that somebody walking to your room might give you heart-attack. Still combat in dead space is 10x better than in fear - it was too easy on hard(just get the bolter and pin heads to wall), and overall dead space is fun to play
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Is FEAR (original) worth finishing? I haven't touched it for like a year. I got bored of it for some reason I can't remember.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Yeah, it's a great ending IMO. Play through it if you get the chance. I haven't touched the expansions yet though.

You two really need to play a Fatal Frame (preferably 1 or 2) if you think that Dead Space or F.E.A.R. is the scariest game you've played. I can't play for more than 15 minutes or less at a time.

Every noise in the game or in your house freaks the shit out of you. Then a little broken-neck girl ghost squirms along the floor three times faster than you can run...which is slower than walking speed in Dead Space for reference.

Isn't Fatal Frame the game where you take photos of ghosts in order to kill them? I think I tried it once and didn't like the gameplay mechanics.

Dead Space isn't scary psychologically, it just spooks you with gimmicks.