Page 55 of 144 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Yeah i heard of Fatal Frame - i just got my hands on ps2 so i'm gonna do my gaming homework. After Devil May Cry 1, God of War 1 and 2, Tales of Abyss, and some other titles.
    Also i were having fun with Soul Calibur's 4 character creation. I made Rei Ayanami, Saber, Assassin, Gilgamesh, Dante and Vergil there.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Dead space isn't scary at all, mostly cause of the fact that there is pretty much infinite ammo, and the plasma cutter rapes pretty much everything.
    Same with Fear.
    Actually no game is scary, for me at least, I mean how can you get truly scared of something that is on a screen? I can understand ppl getting spooked/startled or even unnerved, but scared? real fear? c'mon :/.
    Fatal Frame does a pretty good job of being unnerving/-settling though.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Yeah i heard of Fatal Frame - i just got my hands on ps2 so i'm gonna do my gaming homework. After Devil May Cry 1, God of War 1 and 2, Tales of Abyss, and some other titles.
    Also i were having fun with Soul Calibur's 4 character creation. I made Rei Ayanami, Saber, Assassin, Gilgamesh, Dante and Vergil there.
    Cool man, I did that not long ago, went and bought a PS2 and played God of War 1 and Okami. I got GoW2 but haven't played it yet. I also want to play the Silent Hill games on the PS2 which are supposed to be better than the newer SH games.

Dead space isn't scary at all, mostly cause of the fact that there is pretty much infinite ammo, and the plasma cutter rapes pretty much everything.
    Dead Space is fun to play, has some very innovative gameplay techniques, or at least modifications of existing ones (stasis=bullet time). I pumped up the plasma cutter but also a little bit on the other weapons for some variation. Unless the mobs come at you real fast, it's easy to kill them all without much effort. Reload times are slow so that makes it tricky.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    Same with Fear.
    Actually no game is scary, for me at least, I mean how can you get truly scared of something that is on a screen? I can understand ppl getting spooked/startled or even unnerved, but scared? real fear? c'mon :/.
    Fatal Frame does a pretty good job of being unnerving/-settling though.
    I'll assume you don't like horror flicks either.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Is FEAR (original) worth finishing? I haven't touched it for like a year. I got bored of it for some reason I can't remember.
    I remember why now. I'm stuck

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Still playing:

NDS - FFTA2 (252 missions now)
    PS2 (on PS3) - Nocturne (halfway I think) and Tales of the Abyss (5 hours to go it seems)
    PS3 - Disgaea 3

Pending to play:
    PS3 - Metal Gear Solid 4 (unlikely though)
    PS2 - Digital Devil Saga, Digital Devil Saga 2, Devil Summoner
    NDS - Final Fantasy IV DS

Pending to retake or finish someday:
    PS2 - Resident Evil Code Veronica X
    GC (on Wii) - Resident Evil

Pending to ever use (bought for collection purpose)
    GB (on NDS) - Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, Tales of Phantasia
    PSP - Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II

Buying between this month and february:
    PS2 - Persona 4, Ar Tonelico 2
    PS3 - Valkyria Chronicles, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
    NDS - Chrono Trigger
    PSP - Star Ocean

Thinking of buying:
    NDS - Dragon Quest IV

Are the Dragon Quest really worth buying? I've never played one.

Yes... I have a severe bag log of games... that happens when I use my free 'entertainment' time watching anime or writing fanfiction...

The older Dragon Quest games are hit or miss. Some are great, some are garbage. The first is fun for nostalgia purposes, but it's really hard (just one character).

VIII though, is a masterpiece. A true classical-style, turn-based rpg. The kind where you don't start as super epic heroes right from the start, and you have only a single task at the start, and hard. The characters are great, Akira Toriyama design at it's finest, the voice work is phenomenal, and the game is hard enough to give you just enough of a challenge the whole way through.

Most of the time, you really do have to pay attention during each and every encounter. If you get lax during even a random encounter, you can end up with a dead character, and in true Dragon Quest form, you cart their dead ass all the way back to a church in town for a res, and they are not cheap.

Boss fights are another matter entirely. If you haven't leveled enough or focused skills properly, one false move can leave your whole party dead.

Plenty of replayablity too. There are more skill types than there are points to level them up. You can always start over and try a totally different play style the next time around. Scythes or axes, swords or spears, whips or staves/magic?

That reminds me...I still need to finish DQ VIII again.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Tue, 11-18-2008 at 05:53 PM.

Just got my hands on Left 4 Dead, been playing it non stop for 4 hours now it's really really good. Just having a hard time getting enough of my IRL buddies to pick it up in order to play 4 player co-op.
    If anyone else here picked it up it would be fun to have a gotwoot survivor team going

Did you get it on 360 or PC? I got it on PC, myself.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Is it really that good? I saw it on the shelves today, and it's got the most expensive pricetag.

Just get it from Steam, it's much cheaper. And yeah, if you've got friends to play it with, it's brilliant.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Yeah got it on steam, been playing online mostly. And so far most people i have played with have had a mic too. But would still enjoy it a whole lot more playing with 4 close friends and would be able to take on the Expert difficulty then.

So is L4D not worth it for single-player recluses like me?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Probably not. I played the L4D Demo some weaks ago for like 4 hours straight playing the same 3 levels and over, with different people. It was awesome. Some even screamed over Live at their surprise when he got rolled by a tank (super tough zombie dude).

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    So is L4D not worth it for single-player recluses like me?
    Does online gaming tax heavily on your connection Ani, or is it simply personal preference?

Does L4D on PC require really high specs to play? My comp's specs are from like 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Does online gaming tax heavily on your connection Ani, or is it simply personal preference?
    Yeah we're on a satellite uplink that is both slow and monitored, so online play would be impossible. I used to love CS:S online, but had to quit that because of the slowness too. Fortunately I should be out of here by the end of February, and will be able to enjoy MP L4D on a 6Mbps/768kbps cable modem connection then.

Quote Originally Posted by Idealistic
    Does L4D on PC require really high specs to play? My comp's specs are from like 2004.
    I'm can't tell your comp spec from something that vague but if you had what could be considered a "good" computer in 2004 then you should have no problem running L4D. Valve games all scale wonderfully, you could compare them to the FPS version of blizzard so unless your comp has like 500 mb of ram and some video card you bought for $50 five years ago, you should be okay.

I gave in and started playing castlevania.
    It still hasn't ruined my entire social life, but it's close.

I've got some mixed feelings about the game, but I can full heartily say that it's better than PoR.
    also, I'm starting to hear the gametunes from whatever radio I'm listening to. so I guess I'm coming down with some sort of game-mania.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

I'm playing co-op at tales of the abyss with my friend - its awesome, but killing normal mobs is not fun - we have to get to boss to have fun.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE