Page 98 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Has not been done before.

And yes bots in splitscreen.
    And yes splt/second > blur (imo).

Though they are both great, if you can just get both.
    Triggering the events to crash your opponents has been done before I believe in one of the NFS games. It's not exactly the same where you actively trigger an event with the press of a button, more that you triggered events by driving through them.

I don't like the limited ways in which you can acquire power-up. You basically start each race drafting so you get free power-up, and most of the races I've ran in the first 4 episodes don't have a lot of areas to drift to gain power. I also wish they had a turbo boost option for those places you could use a boost.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Triggering events to crash opponents wasn't powersup based, plus it was to crash the ppl behind you (to get away from police).
    And it was very very limited.

What s/s is doing is really completely different, since you are essentially firing the enviroment at your opponent, plus s/s powerplays change the tracks/create shortcuts.

And it's not limited at all, I can have 2 route changes, and a shortcut in 1 lap of a 3 lap race, that's 7 powerplays.

It all just depends on the car you are using.
    Cars with a high drift rating build up meter like crazy by drifting at high speeds. Speed based cars are better for drafting cause they can keep accelerating, to the point of just pushing your opponent forward.

They also build meter pretty fast when drifting at very high speeds, but they tend to be very unstable when doing so.

Also take more risks, the close miss bonusses build up meter pretty fast too.

I do agree on having a boost option though, it could've made the game a bit more complete. But I guess they wanted the focus on powerplays, and not just burning meter for boosting.
    -----------------

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Portal was free to get on Steam some time ago, and I've decided to play it now that I'm kinda bored of MW2.

Surprisingly, refreshingly fun. I'm on level 14 I think. I wonder how many levels there will be.

The computer's pretty funny at times. It tried to say "Wiiiiiiiiiii !!!" when I leapt one time, but in a pseudo-emotional AI voice. Kind of like how Arnold Schwarzenegger tried to smile in T2: Judgement Day.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Lmao, you're just now playing one of the most awsomest games ever?

And i really mean that, the humor and mechanics are just so amazingly well done that 3 years later I'm still not bored with it

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    "Didn't we have some fun, though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'goodbye', and you were like 'no waaaaaay'? And then I was all 'we pretended we were going to murder you'. That was great."

"That thing you burned up isn't important to me. It's the fluid catalytic cracking unit. It made shoes for orphans."

yap, the humor is really great.

"and here is your cake" when driving into fire pit was awesome :>
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

So i'm just now about to start playing "Singularity", and from the trailers and videos i've seen, it looks pretty damn cool.

Here's a 10min gameplay video

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    just 4 info
    you guys should check out the summer-sales on steam

you can save around ~400$ and more

for example

THQ-Pack

Dawn of War-1 Addons Dawn of War-2 + Addon
    Metro 2033

Fuellines
    Full Spectrum Warrior
    Company of Heroes + all Addons
    Titan Quest + Addon
    and a few other games

All together for 49,99$ (or ~74€)

there are currently ~150 games on sale

Finished Portal.

The ED was great.

Just like the christmas edition, steam is back with super sales in their perils of summer sale week.
    From yesterday, till july 4th, steam will be offering some mad discounts again.

I just grabbed the codemaster racing pack myself. Grid, Fuel, Dirt, Dirt2 and ToCa3 for 21,75 is a crazy good deal, especially seeing how the x360 version of Dirt2 still retails for 50 euros here.

So yeah, keep an eye on that page everyday till july 4th, cause the deals change every 24 hours :].
    -----------------

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Finished Portal.

The ED was great.
    Now you can wait for portal 2 with the rest of us

Btw did you get the patched ending or the normal one?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Which ending is which? @_@
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Now you can wait for portal 2 with the rest of us

Btw did you get the patched ending or the normal one?
    I got the new ending

This is the old superior ending:

Old superior ending

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    This is the old superior ending:

Old superior ending
    "This video contains content from Vevo, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds. "

I've seen both of them (the proper ones, I don't know what you linked), and the only difference is the inclusion of a mechanical noise performing some dragging.

PS: can anyone get a Steam connection atm?

Steam's being retarded. Tried playing TF2 on the server I normally do so on, and it wouldn't let me change my loadout cause it kept popping up some error like "The server cannot make a connection with Steam." or some shit.

BlazBlue!
    I love playing as Nu-13 - if anyone wants to duel me(I'm novice right now, but I'm ex ggXX#r veteran) add me on PSN - same nick as here.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by animus View Post
    Steam's being retarded. Tried playing TF2 on the server I normally do so on, and it wouldn't let me change my loadout cause it kept popping up some error like "The server cannot make a connection with Steam." or some shit.
    I was playing MW2 and kept getting Steam Connection Failed too.

I've just finished playing Singularity - here comes my micro review.

Graphics 6(8+)/10 - game utilizes UE3, textures are good...but only after 1 or 2 sec looking at them - because game first displays very low res texture, and few seconds after it displays hi-res one - its a bit annoying. but what's more annoying is that sometimes hi-res version does not load at all. But explosions, effects, etc are superb - they deserve additional mark!

Sound: 7/10 music is a bit generic, you do not notice it at all during gameplay - it just is. Weapon, and effect sounds are good - nothing special. sounds would deserve solid 8 but positioning of vocal sources of sound is a bit odd - I've played using 5.1 setup but to hear loud enough someone that is speaking i had to look directly at them - otherwise i would not be able to make out what they are saying.

Gameplay 7(8)/10 - Gameplay is similar to Half-Life, mixed with Bioshock and F.E.A.R. - but its pretty well balanced, but a bit too easy(I've played on normal diff - i should have picked hard - but probably as with Crysis: Warhead it still would be too easy), TMD take some time to get used to, but after getting used to controls it was really fun. You might ask what is TMD - I'll try to answer that without spoiling - its glove with properties of Gravity gun, stasis field generator, and object manipulator. It also utilizes powerful burst that kills or damages heavily enemies in short range.

Plot 7(10)/10 - Plotline in game utilizes few cliche elements, but they are pretty well tied together. I can't say much(I do not wish to spoil the game for you) but the twist at the end was superb - it was in my opinion the best twist in the plot that utilizes such popular cliche motives.

Overall: 7(8)/10 -until i finished the game i thought that I'll should get 7, some graphic bugs and cliche gameplay prevented it from getting 8 or more, but the twist itself boosts the rating to 8 - but only if you finish the game you will get why.