Page 53 of 144 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Preordered WotLK this past weekend, and I'm grinding harder than ever to hit 70 in the next nine days. Go go those last 6 levels!
    Now 99% disease free!

When TBC first came out, I hit 70, 4 days later. That was maybe, 10 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    Just got Fallout 3...its kind of hard for me, but really engrossing. Actually, i'm having a lot of trouble with it. I cant pickpocket for shit, even though I have the thief perk, plus I have like no caps and no ammo...
    You'll get more ammo and caps pretty fast. You can't really get anything at the beginning of the game. You're probably stuck with a baseball bat and a 10mm pistol (with around 30 bullets) for the first little while. It picks up once you start killing actual enemies and selling their loot. The early guns, like assault rifle and hunting rifle, will accelerate the killing process.

One annoyance is that there's a limit on how much loot you can sell. The traders all have a finite amount of caps they can "spend" on buying your crap. Most traders have very little, so after a few rounds of selling loot, the trader runs dry. They replenish their caps pretty slow, so the only way to sell back to them is to buy things from them or pay to repair your equipment.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    I didn't know that you can do such stuff on Little Big Planet. Pretty interesting.

Transformers
    Macross
    Akira
    Galaga

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I was gonna get it, but I wasted so much money on games this holiday season >_>. I took Resistance 2 over LBP, since I was unsure how long it'd last me. At the core since I'm too lazy to create levels, and probably would only be playing them, a platformer doesn't seem that worth it.

Just got Valkyria Chronicles today.... OMG it's freaking awesome! lol... It's like an interactive anime. The interaction being the srpg part of course.

Yeah I got it today too, and since I preordered it I got the spiffy 15 or so page art book. Only played through the first battle atm though.

I played the demo, but wasn't too impressed. I'm still thinking whether to get Little Big Planet or Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm......
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I'm going to read up on it but Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 seem to be the same type of game, sandbox mission-based GTA-style games with RPG elements in desolate environments. Since I'm not that big on RPGs, I only want to devote time to one or the other.

So if you're going to only play one of these 2 games, which would you choose?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    They way I'd put it would be:

Far Cry 2: FPS with RPG elements
    Fallout 3: RPG with FPS elements

Not for the above reasons, but I'm going to get Fallout 3. I've heard that both games suffer to a degree from repetitiveness and lack of new enemy types as you progress, with Far Cry 2 suffering a tad more in this aspect. Far Cry 2's AI is pretty good though, while I haven't heard anything about Fallout 3's.

For those who've played both games, which do you think has the higher immersion factor?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Fallout is pretty much just Elder Scrolls, same company btw, but instead of swords, it has guns. I never liked the Elder Scrolls series though so I didn't bother with Fallout.

But if you did like the Elder Scrolls series, then Fallout 3 would be a good game for you.

I just finished PS2 Gundam 00. The gameplay is very repetitive but it was fun. XD

<3 Tessa-chan! <3 Lucifus! ....chotto mate.

Anybody happen to have a spare real Diablo 2/LoD key they don't use anymore? I lost my case >_>

Just picked up Gears of War 2, been playing it for about 7 hours straight. Great stuff. Can't really fault it at the moment. It's just so damned good. Haven't even touched multiplayer yet.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Awesome user with default custom title Jman's Avatar
    playing Yakuza 2, some random psp games and thinking of picking up BF2142 this weekend.

Formerly known as 'Animemaster'

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    Just picked up Gears of War 2, been playing it for about 7 hours straight. Great stuff. Can't really fault it at the moment. It's just so damned good. Haven't even touched multiplayer yet.
    I'll probably get that this weekend. There was just so many good buys this holiday season, I'm so broke XD

Just finished playing the demo for Mirror's Edge. Yet another title which seems promising....
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Promising yes. I was thinking of picking it up when it comes out but I've changed my mind. I'll wait to see a review on it before I buy it because even though I loved the demo and think the game is gonna be amazing, I think its gonna be too short and I'm not sure what replay value it'll have. I'll probably just end up borrowing it from someone or renting it.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

It looks promising, and is the most creative new IP this year, but it's 99% a rent game, since you can probably finish it in 5-6 hours. They were talking about how you can complete different levels going different routes or using different things, but honestly it just sounds like a cheap way to try and get replay value in without much thought or hassle.

Did you play the demo? Even in the demo there were multiple paths you could take to get to where you wanted to go, it isn't cheap at all and they definitely put alot of thought into the level designs.

My only fault with this game is that I think its going to be too short, the story has only eight chapters and once that is over, there isn't much replay value which means it isn't worth buying.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!