Page 92 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow
    "play outside"? What are you 5?
    He is.

Anyway. It seems the bug hit developers as well. Their tools are looped according to Kotaku.

Hmm, I haven't turned on my PS3 since yesterday and a bit reluctant to turn it on now I guess.

Don't turn it on if its a PHAT one until this is over. Merely turning on the console, even offline, will cause it to crash. THough if a massive patch is needed it will happen anyway.

If its a SLIM you are safe.

I have the 80gb backwards compatible model.

Guess I should wait.

Dang. Hope this issue gets resolved soon for all of you facing this problem. It seems it will take about 24 hours or so to fix, from reading on Kotaku.

Currently playing : Heavy Rain, and Starcraft 2 Beta

Next week : FF XIII

Currently playing through Valkyria Chronicles, revelling in its overall design.

It's made even sweeter that there's no trophy support to prevent it from loading in this Dark Age of the PS3.

KIMOCHI~II

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I'm playing ME2 for the third time, this time as Barack Shepard

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...efShepard2.jpg
    I can't stop laughing when I play him

I will play another 2 times as a female (paragon/renegade) after that.
    btw, fem. sheps can look really hot! amazing. they obviously spent more time creating looks for her.
    nearly every male-shepard I create looks far worse than the original (which looks very good..well, the original is a dutch-model after all)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Mon, 03-01-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, even though i usually always make a custom character i went with the default look in ME because no guy i created looked better than the original

man, that really made me laugh, thanks ^_^

I do have a few questions about ME2 tho:

I've heard theres a "New Game +" in ME2.. so if u finish the game once u can do it again with the same guy or something.. what exactly is transferred to this new game, achievements i assume, but what about weapons, upgrades, credits, Paragon/Renegade points, resources(plutonium etc)?

Biggest dread by starting a new game is that i have to scan all that shit on planets again..

Also, since i apparently can't have multiple "partners", i guess i'm forced to finish the game one time per character i want a relationship with? :O

At the moment i'm kinda torn between Miranda (it's Sarah from Chuck ffs!, and shes just so damn hawt) and Tali (i just plain like this girl, and the mystery of whats under that suit is one i really want to find out ;D), but since im going to play through this game atleast one more time it doesnt really matter wich one i go for this round, can just take the other one next play :P
    Last edited by Penner; Mon, 03-01-2010 at 08:02 PM.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

You get 50,000 of each element, all your heavy weapons, and start out at your previous level. You do have to unlock each of the crews' loyalty powers again, as well as a few other things here and there. I'm not sure about the rest. I only did it for a little bit before importing my second character and making a brand new third. I'm pretty sure you regular weapons, certain key upgrades you lose, and paragon/renegade resets I think.

The 50,000 of each element transfers over to all new characters after you beat ME2 at least once. Import another from ME1, get the 50k of each, make a new character, get the 50k of each. It isn't enough to get all the upgrades with a new character, but it pays for some of the most expensive, and that's about 15-20 fewer planets you need to scan.

edit:
    You can save yourself some time by rapidly tapping the trigger while scanning up and down (or left or right). You lose the vibration on the xbox 360, but as long as you watch the graph you'll catch most if not all the big spikes. Never bother with a spike that is less than half the graph, it isn't worth the probe. Never bother with any planet that isn't "Rich" or "Good". If EDI says their is an anomaly, fine, but otherwise...skip it.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Mon, 03-01-2010 at 08:19 PM.

http://kotaku.com/5483187/ps3-error-...re-may-be-over

Apparently PS3s are working fine now, haven't tried testing it yet myself however.

Anyways, I've only finished ME2 once on my Hardcore Sentinel. I do want to do an Insanity playthrough and get to level 30, but I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of story content. The decisions you made in ME1 seemed contrived when placed into ME2 situations, considering the Council are still douches amongst other things. I'll probably do it in a few months, but at the moment I have no interest in a 2nd playthrough.

Not to mention there's basically only 3 or 4 story missions besides all of the character recruitment quests, and then the loyalty missions which all basically amount to "help me get leverage about a family member". There's no real antagonist besides the shitty one known as Harbinger. The Reapers themselves are basically no where in sight in this game.

I still thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought it was great fun. But it seemed a bit too much of a mainstreamed approach to me. I love the improved shooting mechanics and the loss of the ridiculously cumbersome inventory. But I dislike how there's no inventory at all, basically very few pieces of armor and a very limited selection of guns. Not to mention skill builds now basically all amount to the same thing except what you choose for your advanced training ability. I hated the Mako in ME1, but I hate planet scanning oh so much more.
    Last edited by animus; Mon, 03-01-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    but I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of story content. The decisions you made in ME1 seemed contrived when placed into ME2 situations, considering the Council are still douches amongst other things.

I still thoroughly enjoyed the game and thought it was great fun. But it seemed a bit too much of a mainstreamed approach to me. I love the improved shooting mechanics and the loss of the ridiculously cumbersome inventory. But I dislike how there's no inventory at all, basically very few pieces of armor and a very limited selection of guns. Not to mention skill builds now basically all amount to the same thing except what you choose for your advanced training ability. I hated the Mako in ME1, but I hate planet scanning oh so much more.
    There is that ominous loading screen remark that "Your choices in Mass Effect 2 might have dire consequences in Mass Effect 3." If you include what seems benign in the loyalty missions, there are some pretty large decisions that you make, or at least state your opinion on. Shepard has a lot more influence than it seems on the surface. People really seem to listen to you. I got the feeling from a few of the other encounters that seemed like simple references may not be that simple at all come ME3.

Specifically, spoilers[ The rachni queen (if alive) amassing her forces, the interaction between Legion and the Geth and quarian fleet split on retaking their homeworld, Liara and the Shadow Broker, your final decision, becoming a Spectre again or blowing off the Council, cheating on your previous romantic interest, who controls Tuchanka and thus whether the krogan will rise again, and Morinth or Samara ]end spoilers.

I can see a number of very dramatic differences in the composition, outfitting, and availability of allied forces for ME3 from those above. It may depend on what Bioware is able to put in, but they seemed ambitious enough during interviews with the developers.

Hopefully that's the case. My gripe was how the decisions from ME1 to ME2 didn't affect much really besides a few small dialogue sequences, a bit differing dialogue, Council situation and the Kaiden/Ashley dealio.

I wanted to bitch slap Ashley.

Spoilers -
    I decided to keep the Collector Ship at the end. Seemed like a waste, even though I was doing a Paragon run. Hopefully there'll be a big sequence with it otherwise I'll be extremely disappointed. Considering they basically tell you that it's a huge decision. End Spoilers.

I wanted to bitch slap Ashley.
    Totally, i saved the whole galaxy and she trusted me with her life, then she gets pissed and all up in my face about playing along with Cerberus and storms off...

My thoughts were like "...well f*ck you too, bitch."

http://kotaku.com/5483187/ps3-error-...re-may-be-over

Apparently PS3s are working fine now, haven't tried testing it yet myself however.

It is fixed. Mine is running again.

My thoughts were like "...well f*ck you too, bitch."
    I liked how Shepard said "I've had enough of this colony "
    he sounded so sad

You get 50,000 of each element, all your heavy weapons, and start out at your previous level. You do have to unlock each of the crews' loyalty powers again, as well as a few other things here and there. I'm not sure about the rest. I only did it for a little bit before importing my second character and making a brand new third. I'm pretty sure you regular weapons, certain key upgrades you lose, and paragon/renegade resets I think.
    you can also download the *saveedit*-mod and add cash and ressources to your savegame. (srsly... its the most annoying part of the game to scan the planets and I don't want to do it a second time)
    btw is lvl 30 max?
    damnit...thats why my character won't level up :/ I was lvl 28 or so after my first playthrough

btw, with the saveedit-mod you can import your character and change her/his looks and class/level
    you can also add ME1 decisions or change them to see whats different.

you can use unique hairlooks and armor/costumes too. (NPC hairstyles are different).

these 2 are non-standard for example
    http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/51/femshep.jpg
    http://ups.imagup.com/07/1266830421.JPG
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 03-02-2010 at 02:24 PM.

if you fiddle with the saves wont that mess shit up when you go to import em to ME3?

btw, just finished my first playthrough of ME2, the ending credits are scrolling as i type this :P

I know i missed things because i kinda skipped a bunch of stuff on purpose just go get through the game, now i'll make one "real" playthrough where i do everything i can (which ill then import to ME3), and one where i just try and beat it on insanity to get the achievement, and cuz i want the challenge

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33
    btw, with the saveedit-mod you can import your character and change her/his looks and class/level
    you can also add ME1 decisions or change them to see whats different.
    Sadly, I play Mass Effects on the Xbox 360. No mods for me sadly. I would really like more armor pieces. Customization was a promise during the rapid fire ad campaign for ME2, but one that didn't fully deliver when coming off of games like Dragon Age or Fallout 3.

I doubt it will mess things up, I didn't do it with my main char (Soldier) and I won't do it with him.
    but well, basically you just edit some values.. its not like your file gets corrupted or something.

I heard that people alrdy had that tool in ME1 and imported their chars.

All you do is creating a savegame at the start with your new char/import.
    load that savegame into the tool and it will give you some info about what you've done so far, what your char name is etc.
    you can edit everything and check a few "decisions" (and you can change game-models) if you want to
    for example

Shepard Killed Wrex in ME1 "check"
    Ashley Killed Wrex in ME1 "no"

I wouldn't do weird things though... like checking both: "shepard kills and ashley kills wrex" (I'm not even sure if its possible to check both)
    and if you want to import that char in ME3, I wouldn't use this tool in the first place... because it doesn't feel right, if you know what I mean :P

use it for your second playthrough (if you want to test another class or team) or for your second run with ur "main"-character...and when ME3 is released, use ur *main* characters' first playthrough

Lvl/cash/paragonpoints didn't really matter when I imported my ME1 char.. I believe it will be the same with ME3

the important things are the decisions you make, or more especially, what you did during your last mission

remember, if shepard dies in ME2 you can't import him to ME3 (and no that's not a spoiler -> see loading screen messages)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Tue, 03-02-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Demon's Souls is probably my favorite game this gen, easily.
    I stopped playing at level 155 just a bit away from finishing the 2nd playthrough. I need to return though. I logged in last week on black event so I could keep it offline and finish off some black phantoms.

My choice between favorites is though between this and Valkyria Chronicles