Page 111 of 144 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Blog Entries
    You're not playing those yet though

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    Got my 8th Platinum a few hours ago: LA Noire.

Other Platinums:
    Final Fantasy XIII
    Heavy Rain
    Resonance of Fate
    Ar Tonelico QOGA: Knell of Ar Ciel
    Hyper Dimension Neptunia
    Atelier Totori: Alquemist of Arland
    Catherine
    8 Platinums?? Feck that, I only have one :P

Blog Entries
    How do platinum trophies work? You have to complete the game 100%?

you have to get all the trophies(achievements) in the game.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

It's the same as getting every achievement for a game on 360. You get every trophy in that game to earn a platinum.

Indeed... by the way I meant Atelier Rorona. Atelier Totori just released a few days ago and I still don't have my copy.

I'm currently playing through the Road Map mode in NBA Jam: On Fire Edition. I can't wait to unlock the Seattle Supersonics, so I can play as Shawn Kemp, Detlef Schrempf, and Gary Payton. That was my team in Tournament Edition.

Current playing Dark Souls. So far it hasn't been bad. I've died a total of 4 or 5 times. I just beat the Taurus Demon (which I died twice to) and sniped off the dragon's tail from under the bridge to get the Drake Sword. Although another 2 or 3 of those 5 deaths were from falling to my death trying to dodge roll away from a monster and then off a cliff, the game is more difficult than it's predecessor.

So far it's pretty fun, and quite rewarding. I'd be farther if I had more time to play it.

I've never played any Atelier games.

Does it matter which one i start with? or is there some sort of order that i should play them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Dragon View Post
    I've never played any Atelier games.

Does it matter which one i start with? or is there some sort of order that i should play them in.
    I started with Atelier Rorona. Never played any Atelier games prior to it. From what I've read they always come in a 'series'. The current series is Arland which began with Rorona, went to Totori and shall end with Meruru

Just played my first Conquest match in the Battlefield 3 beta. They're opening up the Caspian map for this weekend only.

32 vs 32!

Even a laggy as fuck game of Conquest in BF3 is better than every round of infantry-only Rush I played the ENTIRETY of the beta period. I didn't even get into more than two vehicles (drove jeep, rode in jeep). Conquest is just that much better. If I wanted to play CoD, I would play CoD. Conquest is Battlefield.

Dark Souls
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Just played my first Conquest match in the Battlefield 3 beta. They're opening up the Caspian map for this weekend only.

32 vs 32!

Even a laggy as fuck game of Conquest in BF3 is better than every round of infantry-only Rush I played the ENTIRETY of the beta period. I didn't even get into more than two vehicles (drove jeep, rode in jeep). Conquest is just that much better. If I wanted to play CoD, I would play CoD. Conquest is Battlefield.
    conquest = domination / tdm
    rush = search and destroy

rush with vehicles > conquest with vehicles
    in rush mode, they have a much greater impact and are more meaningful.

and conquest destroys teamplay imho. (on public servers)
    everyone runs around, tries to get into vehicles and play TDM

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    conquest = domination / tdm
    rush = search and destroy
    You and I both know it isn't remotely the same. Call of Duty's playstyle encourages camping. Battlefield has always done Conquest better, and they always will. The maps are made better for it, there is tons of open space. Kinda hard to camp in an open field. The way the vehicles work is the key to the difference. In BF, maps are balanced for simultaneous vehicle and infantry play.

You can't just pop into a tank or plane and think it will make you a god. They make killing things easier, but in no way shape or form do they make you any more effective if you're ganged up on. You're just a much bigger target.

On foot? It's easier to sneak around. You're just a little slower, but you're still a target for anyone with a sniper rifle or a buggy to run you over with.
    and conquest destroys squadplay imho. (on public servers)
    Fixed that one for you. Free of charge. Because it is a non-issue. You might run off from your squad, but you'll always find another teammate taking flags to run with.

everyone runs around, tries to get into vehicles and play TDM
    And then they swiftly lose to those who sneak through the bushes taking flags one after another.

In Rush, everyone knows where the enemy will eventually appear. In Conquest, you could be going anywhere. That changes the entire dynamic, and eliminates any advantages from camping and spawn killing.

There's no relentless spawn killing, there's no camping in the corners at the same chokepoints. If you don't continuously move for the flags, you'll still lose. It is trivial for the other team to simply avoid the flag where squatters are hiding, and keep a firm hold on the others. They'll win with 4 held points about as easily as they'll win with 5. Conquest has next to nothing to do with kills. Victory is victory.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    There's no relentless spawn killing, there's no camping in the corners at the same chokepoints.
    oh really?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUXdF9u7tHk

Laguna Alta... Actama Desert.
    pretty much every snow map.
    hell, on most maps the points are on a straight line from north to south, resulting in a big never ending clash in the middle or at the spawn.

and you don't have to go for flags
    you take them when you are near them and thats it

and on big maps, all that driving around is exactly what destroys the teamplay in this mode
    Rush mode -> 2 objectives, they are close together, everyone in your team tries to get there and everyone else is trying to defend them
    conquest mode -> everyone goes to a random flag-point, they will encounter enemies randomly somewhere on the way or not at all and take a flag without any resistance (big maps like harvest day)

small maps -> turns straight into deathmatch, just like it does on Cold War (rush mode)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; Fri, 10-07-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Just owned the tutorial boss in Dark Souls with my bare hands.
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    Dark Souls
    Will get mine in a few hours. Alas... since I don't have a PS3 currently... T_T, bah

Wow, a whole thread for gaming :-o

Still playing Xenoblade and Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulation. Have to finish them before Skyward Sword.

I'll get mine Dark Souls at monday. I would have it today but the delivery fucked it up
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    I'll get mine Dark Souls at monday. I would have it today but the delivery fucked it up
    Fucking Best Buy didn't get any Collector's Edition. The store manager refused to acknowledge the mistake and I had to complain online. Customer Service refunded me 15 dollars in the end and apologized for the poor treatment my brother (who picked up the game) received at the store.