Page 94 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Also playing FFXIII... been almost playing nonstop for the last 10 hours or so. Only a few minor complaints, one I hate that it's not the usual stylish coverart that they use in Europe with white background and just the FF logo. And I wish Snow would shut up or at least be less chessy, Vanille's voice is kinda annoying as well but starting to get used to it so not that bad. And dammit where is my FF victory music? Unless my memory is completely off it was included in the Japanese demo so it feels weird that it isn't there. Overall the music isn't bad but doesn't really reach the standards that Nobuo set for FF.
    You are here alone again
    In your sweet insanity
    All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
    Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
    When all the world turns away to leave you lonely

Its the americanization, Leona Lewis and Microsoft's fault.

YAH! Got FFXIII with the strategy guide for an extra 20. I also got a product registration card for a special item.Gonna play it now!
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

Jounin
    I bought both versions of FFXIII PS3 and 360 (360 FFXIII Bundle). Playing 360 first and well... it's appearing to be a huge letdown. I may never take the plastic wrapping off the PS3 version.

No towns, battle system is wrong... doesnt feel like an RPG or a Final Fantasy Game. Feels like a Legend of Zelda game with out Link and Zelda.

I'll play it to the end for series sake.

I give this FF Game a 3 out of 10.

Forgot to mention that The Last Remnant is 2 years old and has way better graphics and characters than FFXIII. I think square should use the same engine The Last Remnant uses.

It's a shame The Last Remnant did not sell very well.
    Last edited by Shadow Skill; Wed, 03-10-2010 at 08:31 PM.

If you think the graphics and characters in Last Remnant (who are all about as fleshed out as a sheet of paper) are better than FFXIII you are either retarded or blind.

I'm about 23 hours into Final Fantasy XIII and while I am enjoying it greatly I'm kinda forcing myself to play it. There just isn't that sense of immersion from previous Final Fantasy's. In previous entries you would feel like you're part of a world with culture, but this game just feels like you're just strung along from place to place with no time to absorb or ability to immerse yourself into anything. I honestly don't give a damn about Cocoon, Pulse, and any of the characters besides Sazh at the moment. The story is so uninspired and contrived, it just feels silly half the time. Final Fantasys have never been known for a strong plot, but the exposition in this one just really makes me not care.

Not to mention the game isn't any where near as hard as people said it was. Just beat the boss in Chapter 10 and he was a joke. I was only near a Game Over once and that was when I was using Snow and Hope on the way back to Hope's home, and one of the random encounters was this giant robot motorcycle thing that could nearly kill off Snow in 1 hit with his Gatling Gun. Good thing it takes like 5 seconds to charge and is easy to counter with Sentinel/Medic. The battle system is a saving grace, but it's a bit on the tedious side for regular enemy encounters.

The music and melodies so far are pretty decent. The battle theme gets stuck in my head far too often.

So far Final Fantasy XIII is about only my 4th favorite RPG this Gen after Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles and Tales of Vesperia, but tied with Mass Effect 2. If I had to give it a rating so far, it'd probably be a flat 8.0
    Last edited by animus; Wed, 03-10-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Man I wouldn't say im dissapointed though. Whats crazy if you read the tutorial during the crystal lake, you find out that you can use libra (or fighting the enemy 3-5 times) for weaknesses of an enemy, you can then use auto battle which makes it so easy, the game isn't that complicated. Oh and for Vanille, has anyone noticed that her voice is out of accent sometimes, she sounds English one moment than American the next? They also cap the skill system until you reach a certain point in each chapter of the game and im mostly a power builder during the beginning. But I love how they kept the battle system a bit the same. Im a FF lover so I will see this game through, I think Square-Enix went down with the franchise after FF10.

Edit: If you guys played Saga Frontier 1 and 2, when your in Vestige, haven't you guys noticed that it almost sounds like the theme song but mixed together?
    No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you when he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. I am your enemy from now on. From now on, I am your teacher."
    -Mazer Rackham

I'm at Chapter 3, at the crystal lake right now and learning about the paradigm shift systems. I must say while I'm intrigued by the story so far, I really really miss the combat systems of the old FFs. I prefer to have complete control over all my characters, and having the luxury of time to plan every move for every character over the ATB. One of the reasons I stopped FFXII half way was because I couldn't get into the combat system. I certainly hope that the system in FFXIII will grow on me as I progress later into the game....
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

You had more control over the combat in FF12 then you have in 13 though... you can even pause the game for every decision.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulyboy
    Oh and for Vanille, has anyone noticed that her voice is out of accent sometimes, she sounds English one moment than American the next?
    Vanille`s and Fang`s accent is australian, i guess every person from pulse has said accent.
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Damnit i want more console games to get PC versions >.<

"Always be yourself... unless you suck."

http://team.forsvarsmakten.se/english/

Awesome for me. Great fun - but you have to get good team.

(at http://team.forsvarsmakten.se/englis...ate/25P3AfACW4 right now)
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    thats cool
    lets play together ^^

Damn CHAPTER 4!!! Has anyone gotten 900 gill and and the spark ring for the minigame, with Hope riding that machine, you have to sweep all enemies, and im trying to sweep all of them. Im gonna try and accomplish all trophies, after reading what trophies there are I can actually get my platinum, was close to getting all trophies in assassins creed except for the feathers but too lazy to do that.
    -Mazer Rackham

There's a trophy for that? Argh!

On another note, one stupid thing I did was I sold all the components away when I realised I could buy weapons. Then the next thing I knew the weapons in the shop sucked and they introduced upgrades while I already sold my stockpile of components for gil. Damn.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    There's a trophy for that? Argh!

On another note, one stupid thing I did was I sold all the components away when I realised I could buy weapons. Then the next thing I knew the weapons in the shop sucked and they introduced upgrades while I already sold my stockpile of components for gil. Damn.
    No worries, Chapter 11 is a good place to farm gils. You also unlock more parts shops as you progress further into the game. Upgrading weapon is expensive so try maximize your item exp. Good rule of thumb is animal parts give low exp but increase the bonus multiplier and the machine parts give high exp but will decrease the multiplier. I usually just give a weapon 20 or so animal parts so the bonus exp become double before i give it any actual exp.

No there isn't a trophy for sweeping, I just wanted to get the high reward, so dont restart your game!! But im on chapter 5 and the only difficult thing about the game so far is the weapon upgrading system which I enjoy but I know its gonna be a hassle getting components and knowing which is good for exp and the multiplier. Thank god I got the stragety guide just to make it easier, I didnt want to keep on getting on my computer for Gamefaqs plus theres pictures!
    -Mazer Rackham

I've just played supreme commander 2, and well - it is fun but its too simplified compared to the first one(bad thing), and its way faster than the first one(good thing)... but it seems to favor Red Army strategy(with uef - just spam gunships + basic tanks upgraded and you will win.. sooner or later) instead of tactics..

P.S.
    Maybe we should make gotwoot steam group?
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'm finding myself playing Sega Rally on PS3 during my free time. Visibility in the snow is (realistically?) bad. Sometimes I find myself ramming left then right because I'm driving blind at 180km/h. Frustratingly fun, and the maps look great as well.

One thing about this game is that they don't give you car stats. You'll have to find out first-hand yourself as to how each car feels on the road, such as weight, acceleration and handling.

I can't make up my mind as to whether I like racing with on-road or off-road tires more. It really depends on the car.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I bit the bullet and went prestige in MW2, which means starting all over basically and having to unlock all the guns again.

Played a couple games of SC2 beta the other day. It's the cracked one so... sorta just a demo in a way. The AI isn't too great. I got owned one game by a ling rush and then restarted and blocked off my base and then dominated.

Pretty awesome stuff though. It's going to be fun when it comes out.

I am currently playing through Lunar: Silver star harmony. I love the lunar games and its not a bad remake at all. I like the new character sprite design, 3d ish looking map design. But the game kinda suffers because of that too. Compared to Lunar Silver star story complete, it seems like a smaller world, and less things to do.

I like the V/A for this adaption as Ghaleon doesnt sound like a complete flammer.

"Chrono is our Religion. In the name of the Chrono, the Zeal, the Trigger and Cross, Amen."