Page 30 of 144 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Final Fantasy XII. Finally got it; already addicted

Finished Ar Tonelico (seeing 4 out of 7 endings) two days ago.

Began Rogue Galaxy.

Oh... and added .hack//GU Vol 2 and Dawn of Mana to my wanted list.

Playing King of Fighters: Maximum Impact 2 ( also known as kof 2006), and this game is such a big improvement on the first game, and the first one was good already.
    This game is basically a 3d fighting game, but with 2d gameplay, sidestepping and such is possible but it's not the main aim of the game.

Anyone who loved capcom vs snk 1/2, should try out this game, its really awesome.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el_boss
    Final Fantasy XII. Finally got it; already addicted
    I didn't finish FF XII but it was pretty good. I'm a big FF fan but i'm hard to please, i couldn't get into FF X because i thought having 3 max party was lame. FFXII though had such an awesome opening movie and some really good charactors.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaucom
    i couldn't get into FF X because i thought having 3 max party was lame.
    wait, wait ... did you forget you could dynamically swap party members into and out of the fight? FFX is limited to 3 in precisely the same way that FFXII is limited to 3 >_< (except that you can't swap out your dead iirc).

Just got Tales of The Abyss recently and loving it (except for the ridiculous load time) but overall it's pretty similar to Tales of Symphonia and that is good enough for me.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    complich8 : i've just never gotten used to or liked that.. I got started w\ the original on nes and in some cases the more complicated it gets the less i like it *meh*

FFIV will be always remain my favorite FF game; i cant even guess how many times i have played it all the way from beginning to end.

Jounin
    I played FFXII and finished it. The game in all it's entirety is a huge let down. I expected better from Square-Enix. Xenosaga III is more entertaining and visually far superior than FFXII. It's like Square-Enix handed the Final Fantasy name to a bunch of idiots who know nothing about console gaming or RPGs for that matter.

Currently, replaying through Xenogears (The Greatest Role Playing Game Ever Created).

Discovering the beauty of emulators; to be concise, I'm delving into SNES games never made domestic. Next up on the list: Bahamut Lagoon~

KIMOCHI~II

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by bagandscalpel
    Discovering the beauty of emulators; to be concise, I'm delving into SNES games never made domestic. Next up on the list: Bahamut Lagoon~

That game is awesome!

Seriously, one of the best SNES games. Graphics are beautiful (clean sprite movement, detailed enemies), can be quite challenging in parts, some memorable characters (and one you'll never forget, but surely wish to...), a pretty good story, tons of interaction and YOU CAN CUSTOMIZE YOUR FREAKIN DRAGONS!!!

As for me: Currently playing MLB 2K7 Baseball and almost done wiht Twilight Princess.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Final Fantasy XII and Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2.

Yeah, I'm addicted. The fact that they finally made support magic as powerful as it always should have been got me hooked. I didn't find the story quite as bad as I was lead to believe it was and I found most of the characters quite enjoyable with Vaan being the notable exception. But as Balthier is the self-declared leading man I can't say I care about his silly ass. I kicked him out at level 9 and never bothered leveling him past that. Ha ha.

The story reminds me of Final Fantasy VI in that it offers several perspectives which can often forge this diluted feeling. Still, I personally enjoy this way of telling a story as it puts more focus on the greater picture instead of putting it all on some unnaturally brave and often irksome protagonist. I hated Cloud and all his teenage angst. I really did.

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 just flat out kicks ass. Utterly awesome character gallery with one of the most awesome protagonists to ever grace gaming. The music is just too awesome. Yes, plenty of awesomes this game is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Skill
    It's like Square-Enix handed the Final Fantasy name to a bunch of idiots who know nothing about console gaming or RPGs for that matter.
    Ever heard of Vagrant Story or Ogre Battle? Matsuno is a freakin' GENIUS when it comes down to hardcore game design. His systems are LEAGUES above anything the other developers at Square-Enix could craft. Don't diss the man for he is awesome.
    / No, you warrant no villain's exposition from me.

Paper Mario and Elebits
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

P.C. - RF online, World of Warcraft, and Command and Conquer 3
    X.box - Halo 2 still... and Madden lots and lots of madden
    Ps2 - Kingdom hearts 2 and God of war 2
    Read -> comprehend -> post
    do not skip part 2

Not sure if this belongs here, but is anyone else at the least curious about the new Warhammer MMORPG, its supposed to come out late 07 or early 08. Its being developed by Mythic (Dark Age of Camelot).
    Some sites for info:
    http://www.warhammeronline.com
    http://www.warherald.com/news/
    http://warhammervault.ign.com/
    Video showing how the game will work: http://www.warhammeronline.com/engli...ion_final.html

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Just picked up Supreme Commander. I was a big fan of Total Annihilation back in the days, and this game seems very much like an updated version. Good fun. Bad for RSI though, and my computer definitely chugs on it a bit. Which is what I expected, I wanted to pick up a game that would give me a reason to get a new system at some point in the near future, and that'll do it.

Also picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner. Haven't started playing it yet, I'm holding off until after finals are over to touch that one.

Spiderman 3
    -----------------

Team Fortres Classic, and Guild Wars...

Anyone looking forward to Team Fortress 2?
    xD - Best game ever!

TEAM FORTRESS 2!
    Don't believe in yourself, believe in me, who believes in you.

Too darn lazy to login, so just lurking in the shadows instead.
    We can't say it is the best game ever since it is not even out yet.
    Don't get your hopes too high, you might get disappointed.

Currently playing : Phantasy Star Online : Blue Burst (schthack private server)
    I'm level 31, my mag is level 74 and i use Blades +10 which i got from the Episode 1 : 2-4 quest. (Killing the big worm/fish like boss creature)

Currently playing Lost Planet: Extreme Condition for the PC. It has an awesome single player and online multiplayer.