Page 57 of 144 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2862

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Man that's a long ass name, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix. -_-

I'm currently playing LittleBigPlanet (a PS3 exclusive).

I need to get over the hi-score and related e-penis rankings so that I don't keep replaying the first level.

I just bought E8400 and 9800 GT chips, and I'm currently waiting on UPS to deliver the PC case to house it all in. I think I'll start playing PC games again by pirating Left 4 Dead.

Last year, I bought World of Warcraft for $10 bucks and it comes with a free one-month trial. It's been over a year and I still haven't installed it or gotten around to playing it. Will I now have to buy all the expansion packs to play it? Can I still play it without any of the expansion packs?

You can play WoW without the expansion packs, but you won't be able to access any of the content the expansion packs offer, such as a few new races, regions, and the raised level cap.

Awesome user with default custom title Pandadice's Avatar
    I played some Soul Caliber IV the other day. heh, I got torn up

user posted image

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    How good is Soul Caliber IV? I was hyped about getting it when it first came out, but now I'm not so sure.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

mm. well, I'm more of a tekken fan than a soul caliber one. so I wouldn't be able to tell you how good it is.

user posted image

SC4 is both better and worse than SC3. There are as many pluses as there are minuses.

- The fighting between human players is somewhat unbalanced, especially online where everyone plays Apprentice. However, the combat against the AI is greatly improved. The new instant-kill mechanic prevents the turtling that the AI and some people relied upon in SC3.

- The characters are a little more unbalanced than they were in SC2. Certain characters will always win (canon ones, not neccessarily Star Wars), and others suck more than ever. Customization is extremely limited on the special manga-artist characters, and most of them are clones of the main cast (with different weapon ranges).

- Create-a-Soul mode is better and worse than before as well. While some of the new items look fantastic, the number of them is dramatically reduced from SC3. A lot of them are an utter pain in the ass to get, even with the achievements unlocking all of them. You will be grinding gold to buy them all. Another downside to this mode is what you can do with the characters. Stats are based off the items you wear, so if you want a really kickass character, you will look ridiculous. They also removed some of the styles from 3, Sword and Shuriken, Kunai, etc., but you have use of any main character's style from the start. No need to earn them.

- On the positive side, you can also fully customize the clothing and hair of the main characters just like a Create-A-Soul.

- Story mode is weak, and some parts of the Tower Mode (replacing the Campaign) are obscenely difficult. The Tower mode pales in comparison to the Campaign mode of SC3.

- Other notes: The game looks beautiful, by popular demand Amy's moveset was expanded and she became a primary character (voiced by Aya Hirano no less!), and the instant-kill against turtlers that I mentioned above makes the experience much more enjoyable. There are characters for thinkers, and characters for button mashers.

Hmm...looks like a mixed review. It looks like it has both things I'll love, and things I'll hate. I'll see if I can play it somewhere to try it out. Thanks guys.

SC4 is SC2, but just better, also haven't run into any balancing issues, well cept that yoda is ungrabable
    -----------------

yeah, lol. most people play with a 'no yoda' rule. it's pretty funny.

user posted image

Besides not being able to grab Yoda, he's a terribad character.

Some eight year old (or at least sounded like it) continually spammed Yodas low Guard break attack, while constantly trying to get me to talk back in the mic. I finished the match out of principle, and immediately left there after, filing a report as I left if only to never have to play with that kid in any xbox live game in the future.

If you try to play for real, Yoda sucks, but if you are just attempting to be cheap, constant throws or other cheap moves make him pretty tough to beat. That's exactly the way I got the achievement for beating story/arcade mode with him...

Year end bonus means more games!

"Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

I kind of wish they included an online multiplayer of that game now. There's a limited number of people who can play with you side by side.

Official polish SC4 tournament rules forbid special characters(so no yoda or vader or apprientice(which i think sucks hard)), custom characters and it sets up soul gauge to maximum and allows insta-kills.
    And i think that Ivy, Zasalamel and Cervantes are imbalanced, but Zasalamel is so fun to play, and Siegfried too.
    And i have one question - is SC4 multiplayer region-blocked? i would love to play against Asians and Us people not only vs Europeans, and i have no time to check it.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy IV DS
    Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
    Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

Finally managed to finish Tales of the Abyss and Final Fantasy Tactics A2 as well.

Will put every game on hold as soon as I get hands on Persona 4 though.

I could not finish tales of the abyss, i had to give back ps2 i borrowed.
    Currently playing: Chess on my mobile. I just don't have enough time to play games, watch anime and learn DAMNED German language...
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Zas is actually pretty low tier from what I hear. Ivy and Cervantes..... Definitely high tier. I play Taki though. Haven't played much SC4 lately because of STHD. It'll probably carry me until SF4 comes out too, so probably not much time for SC4.

As for STHD, the netcode is pretty good. But the random disconnects make playing online a pain at times. The bugs and glitches as well. The new artwork is decent, but I thought it could've been better especially with all the delays this game had. Some of the sprites look like the artists just drew a bunch of lines to make it look like they have muscles, and believe me, they do not look like muscles.

Oh, and while the music is nice, some I feel do not fit the game at all so I had to revert back to the classic music.

But yeah, STHD is still a good game. Hopefully they patch the bugs/glitches. With the new fixes they made to the characters, it's probably the most balanced fighter ever since classic ST was already considered one of the most balanced.

Cervantes is just plain easy to play, even to beat hard on your first contact with soul calibur.
    well its hard to master him perfectly but just knowing basics might lead you to the high place in tournament(like first 10)

Quote Originally Posted by Idealistic
    Zas is actually pretty low tier from what I hear. Ivy and Cervantes..... Definitely high tier. I play Taki though. Haven't played much SC4 lately because of STHD. It'll probably carry me until SF4 comes out too, so probably not much time for SC4.

As for STHD, the netcode is pretty good. But the random disconnects make playing online a pain at times. The bugs and glitches as well. The new artwork is decent, but I thought it could've been better especially with all the delays this game had. Some of the sprites look like the artists just drew a bunch of lines to make it look like they have muscles, and believe me, they do not look like muscles.

Oh, and while the music is nice, some I feel do not fit the game at all so I had to revert back to the classic music.

But yeah, STHD is still a good game. Hopefully they patch the bugs/glitches. With the new fixes they made to the characters, it's probably the most balanced fighter ever since classic ST was already considered one of the most balanced.
    Lol, STHD was almost canned cause of the art , but capcom approved of it in the end.
    -----------------