Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian View Post
    Wait.

So he's got Disturb Magic down, and also healing without incantations?! Good shit.
    It's kind of disappointing we got exactly zero seconds shown of Rudeus developing it. But I guess it's not the focus of the story, in the end, even if it supposedly is quite a big deal, after his fatal encounter with Orsted.

I'm surprised Rudy didn't press Cliff more for Eris's whereabouts etc. It'd seem like the natural thing to do. I honestly expected to see a spar between those two this episode.
    Cliff didn't seem like a super social person, plus Rudeus might not really want to know too much. He's trying to get over that relationship, after Eris left him behind. The most important thing was that Eris isn't actually attending the same academy. That would be awkward, from Rudeus's point of view, for sure.

Now, I don't know if it's a slip-up in the script of not, but Zanoba clearly referred to Fitz as a girl during his classroom introduction (13:06 - "Kanojo")
    You are, kind of, jumping to conclusions here.

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    I thought while watching the Silent one was another person. Fitz wasn't mentionned, although Silent Fitz also is one of her nicknames.
    We've not seen Fitz in a laboratory and her mission to protect the princess doesn't match with working in a laboratory for long hours/days.

I'm with Kraco regarding Eris, she is the cause of his disorder and his depression. In that state you try to avoid thinking about that person.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hated how Silphy kept her secret identity. Girl, just TEll hm already, ffs. This is just wasted time. And Rudeus is dumb beyond belief, how can he think Fitz is a guy, especially when she's living in the girls' dormitory.

Nah, that was dumb.

My hopes for the future:

- Rudeus obliterates some strong students in any competiton, be it magic or sword fightng
    - has sex with one of the cat girls (or at least uses the rest of his body that isn't a limp dick)
    - attains Silphy's panties and adds them to his panty shrine, lol
    - tells the other students about the guy that almost killed him (i forgot his name) and they're shocked that Rudy met such a person of legends

Other than that, Pls for the love of god have Silphy reveal herself asap. There is zero satisfaction in a delayed reveal.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

I'm surprised Rudy didn't mention to the beastgirl that he met her parents and sister(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    It's kind of disappointing we got exactly zero seconds shown of Rudeus developing it. But I guess it's not the focus of the story, in the end, even if it supposedly is quite a big deal, after his fatal encounter with Orsted.
    This whole season has felt off. We got 3 plus episodes of depression and regression. Then they decide to not explain things that made the series appealing and methodical before. Skip development of magic. No mention of Slyvie being able to silently cast healing magic. No explanation of what Slut Elf's curse is (this is the first mention of her lust being due to a curse that will kill her, wtf!) and no attempts to explain it to the audience. Just mentioned and moved on after an entire episode of her sleeping around.

No, we got a dragged out depression arc. Yay...

I'm getting quite exasperated with the fucked up and inconsistent pace of this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hated how Silphy kept her secret identity. Girl, just TEll hm already, ffs. This is just wasted time. And Rudeus is dumb beyond belief, how can he think Fitz is a guy, especially when she's living in the girls' dormitory.

Nah, that was dumb.
    In Rudy's defense, literally everyone around him refers to Fitz as a dude. She wears men's clothes, has her hair cut short in contrast to most of the girls, and as the guardian of an actual princess, it does make sense that the princess is allowed to violate the rule of women-only dorms for her bodyguards. Slyvie has had three years to practice her Sheik game.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    I thought while watching the Silent one was another person. Fitz wasn't mentionned, although Silent Fitz also is one of her nicknames.
    Oooh, Silent One might not be Silent Fitz. That didn't occur to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryll
    I'm surprised Rudy didn't mention to the beastgirl that he met her parents and sister(s).
    Yeah, he's keeping to himself a lot here, which I didn't expect. The eating girl going "something stinks" was a little unexpected.

The dorm being okay with an apparent dude (even if it's her guard) dropping the princess's underwear felt off. You'd expect her to have a female maid to do all that.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I'm getting quite exasperated with the fucked up and inconsistent pace of this season.
    Vinland S2 started a trend ...

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

So he's got Disturb Magic down, and also healing without incantations?!
    The instructor is the one that healed.

Now, I don't know if it's a slip-up in the script of not, but Zanoba clearly referred to Fitz as a girl during his classroom introduction (13:06 - "Kanojo")
    He said "the silent one" but wasn't talking about Fitz.

how can he think Fitz is a guy, especially when she's living in the girls' dormitory.
    The other students also think she's a guy. Because he's the Princess's servant, he probably gets to live with her.

No explanation of what Slut Elf's curse is (this is the first mention of her lust being due to a curse that will kill her, wtf!) and no attempts to explain it to the audience. Just mentioned and moved on after an entire episode of her sleeping around.
    Because he said "curse" in quotes, I read that as "this is a lie she tells to cover for her nymphomania".

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    The instructor is the one that healed.
    Hmm... no one chanted though.
    He did gesture, but I get the feeling that enchantless magic is supposed to be so rare that even teachers probably can't do it. The only other thing I can think of is that that's a big healing crest that's drawn on the ground for duels, since I don't see it serving any other purpose.

Hmm... no one chanted though.
    I think the animators were just being lazy. But you could see the instructor gesturing when she was being healed.

The only other thing I can think of is that that's a big healing crest that's drawn on the ground for duels, since I don't see it serving any other purpose.
    Maybe the gesturing was how he activates the crest, and the crest doesn't need incatations.

S2 Eps 06

-------

Well, that was kinda a shit episode. Discouraging to see the floofy-haired slave girl child-rearing isekai cliche back again.

The decent stuff was Sylvie playing with Rudeus about her former master right to his face. She's really trying to see if he figures it out so she doesn't have to break her contract with the Princess I suppose. Laying it on real thick, but he's done and seen too much to realize. Also, she's changed a lot since they were both 10 years old.

Discouraging to see the floofy-haired slave girl child-rearing isekai cliche back again.
    Keep in mind though that this series is considered one of the progenitors of the modern isekai genre. It's been around as long as Re:Zero has.

It's been interesting watching this series, seeing how many things this story does for a single arc, that multiple other series then base their entire series around.
    Last edited by DarthEnderX; Sun, 08-13-2023 at 02:00 PM.

slow mode :/

also fking TELL HIM, Silphie ...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthEnderX View Post
    Keep in mind though that this series is considered one of the progenitors of the modern isekai genre. It's been around as long as Re:Zero has.
    That's not an excuse, and it is also a completely invalid explanation. Shield Hero started at nearly the exact same time. Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World predates Mushoku Tensei by years.

They're all Shōsetsuka ni Narō series. Plenty of other "Imma Raise a Slave" manga started at similar timelines. Himekishi ga Classmate also started around the same time. By the time Mushoku Tensei got around to using this crap in its own novels (these arcs are from 2015 and on), plenty of other series had it as their central theme.

edit: Sugar Apple Fairytale is from 2010.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Sun, 08-13-2023 at 02:37 PM.

At least it's not Rudeus who got the slave. The slave is still there, yes, but not for the MC. Not that I wouldn't have preferred the slave not to exist at all. It's one of the most annoying tropes plaguing isekai series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraco View Post
    At least it's not Rudeus who got the slave. The slave is still there, yes, but not for the MC. Not that I wouldn't have preferred the slave not to exist at all. It's one of the most annoying tropes plaguing isekai series.
    what. Slaves existed in medieval times and isekai often take place in fantasy medieval settings, so that's why there's slaves. It's no more a trope than swords being a weapon of choice.

The issue isn't that slavery exists in the setting.

It's the plot device of, "I'll buy a slave, raise them in a very modern Earth method like I would my child, give them a great life, and help develop unique skills for them to use. I've raised this diamond in the rough that would have died in misery if not for me buying them."
    Romance and\or Sex with them optional.

The issue isn't that slavery exists in the setting.

It's the plot device of, "I'll buy a slave, raise them in a very modern Earth method like I would my child, give them a great life, and help develop unique skills for them to use. I've raised this diamond in the rough that would have died in misery if not for me buying them."
    Romance and\or Sex with them optional.
    Now that's criticism I agree with. I'm currently playing Assassins Creed Valhalla and you'd think vikings were feminists, women as equals everyhwere and gay romancing. It's something I've come to hate in pretty much all modern video games: They're super woke, applying modern values to historic time periods ... at least for the "good guys", lol. It's why I have no interest in Baldur's Gate 3 right now, so much choice the game promises, but I'm sure I cannot be a transphobic, racist asshole that has 3 wives who don't know about each other (to use an extreme example of what I'd like to see in games).

Makes me remember the fake-controversary about Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Final Fantasy 16, for lacking black people. Yeah, duh, it's supposed to a pseudo-version of the middle age.

Ah, you made me rant, gotta stop :>

It's why I have no interest in Baldur's Gate 3 right now, so much choice the game promises, but I'm sure I cannot be a transphobic, racist asshole that has 3 wives who don't know about each other (to use an extreme example of what I'd like to see in games).
    Sidebar rant going to The Other Thread!

I'm just enjoying Rudy's dick being confused and he can't figure out why.

The slave thing was a weird turn of events. "I can't learn to create figures so I'll get a slave to do it for me" wasn't what I was expecting. But I suppose if Zanoba just wants figures (without wanting to make them), and Rudy isn't interested in selling figures then that's his only bet.

Given that strength was an issue for Zanoba (only later did they mention clumsiness), the immediate solution I thought of was to have him sculpt large, durable materials like giant statues instead of soft clay.

Addit: Fitz was actually staring at the male slave's crotch the entire time she commented on how big they got. Rudy missed that detail too.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sun, 08-13-2023 at 10:32 PM.

Given that strength was an issue for Zanoba (only later did they mention clumsiness), the immediate solution I thought of was to have him sculpt large, durable materials like giant statues instead of soft clay..

That was actually what I thought, too! I imagined how Zanoba would start creating giant sculptures, like larger than life-sized, of pervy posed women he "admires", lol.