Page 48 of 144 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Thread: Game: What game are you currently playing??

Forgive me for not randomly assuming you had a gamepad. But it's okay, there's douchebags like you that make the world what it is.

Gamepad on the PC is no different than playing on a console, except a better resolution, and usually worse optimization, like what Capcom did to previous PC ports of DMC games.

And I don't know how you got that information, but I can't find anything, anywhere of the 360 and PS3 versions being ports of the PC version. It strikes me as odd especially since it started development first and foremost on the PS3, then branched into 360 and PC versions later announced. With the PC version being released half a year later than the console versions is rather peculiar if it is indeed the original.
    Last edited by animus; Tue, 09-30-2008 at 12:09 PM.

Kirby Super Star Ultra (DS)
    there comes a time, where you must sit down, dumb down, and play a good game of kirby.

seriously, while it's not castlevania or Meroid, it's getting pretty damn close.
    after hideous gameplay games like resident evil (DS) and dragon quest, it's great to come across a game that doesn't hate you.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    Forgive me for not randomly assuming you had a gamepad. But it's okay, there's douchebags like you that make the world what it is.

Gamepad on the PC is no different than playing on a console, except a better resolution, and usually worse optimization, like what Capcom did to previous PC ports of DMC games.

And I don't know how you got that information, but I can't find anything, anywhere of the 360 and PS3 versions being ports of the PC version. It strikes me as odd especially since it started development first and foremost on the PS3, then branched into 360 and PC versions later announced. With the PC version being released half a year later than the console versions is rather peculiar if it is indeed the original.
    You are forgiven for being an ignorant fuck, like I said, gamepads for pc have existed since pc gaming, the sixaxis ps3 actually existed for years on pc under the name "microsoft sidewinder". There are currently 20 million x360 owners, how many of those do you think have a wired controller? And the ps3 controller ( 14 million ps3 owners ) can be hooked up to a pc with little effort aswell.
    So yeah, you are forgiven for your ignorance

LoL worse optimization? rofl you did not read my post at ALL did you, dmc4 and every other current gen game developed by capcom are pc games, then ported to consoles, thats how their engine works, pc dmc4 was released later because of added features ( which I mentioned in my other post ) and fixing of glitches that were present in console ports

here a bigger picture if you need it http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3112/image2pb4.jpg

And one more thing, capcom didn't port RE4 and DMC3 to pc at all, that was UBISOFT.
    -----------------

I know there are gamepads for the PC. Obviously. I know, I'm not ignorant. I'm not stupid. I'm not a douchebag.

It's pretty obvious whose the ignorant one here, since you randomly threw console owner numbers like it matters. Clearly not everyone has your PC specs, which is why people opt to play consoles, without having the need to upgrade your system every 2 years. Despite the ease of pirating on the PC, which is just as simple these days on the 360. If there were no plans to pirate, if you already have a 360 or a PS3, why would you not get it for either console, rather than wait half a year if say you had a lower-end system.

You also have your facts wrong. They didn't develop the game FOR the PC first. The development process was done the majority of the time ON a PC. They're totally different things. As is nearly every single game out on the market as well. Unless you provide a reliable source that actually states Capcom made it FOR the PC first, and then based the ports off that I'll believe you. If not, I'll still believe that they are still using their internal MT Framework to develop multi-console games.

The added features are laughable when you have half a year to do it. A turbo mode, which makes the game run faster, and an overtly simple way of making a hard mode by just adding more enemies on your screen. Seems synonymous for adding more enemies on a single screen with more power on the PC.

I must've hit a nerve to cause such a nerd rage. And it's about a game on a computer. Grow up.

Whoa so much hostility over a simple comment about not being able to play DMC on the keyboard.

I just started Tales of Vesperia and i have to say that the game is simply beautiful to look at and the combat flow really well plus the new overlimit system is pretty awesome. Personally i prefer the story and characters in Tales of the Abyss since they are generally more likable and less generic than the ones in Vesperia so far but i guess it's hard to make a character who is as awesome as Jade.

rofl nerd rage, you love making those pathetic little stabs don't you?.
    No clearly not everyone has my specs, but the game is running at a much higher then console spec; 1050p, super high settings, 8x AA, 60fps cutscenes
    the console versions run at 720p, high, 0x AA, 30 fps cutscenes.
    And as you can see, even at my settings, and with my hardware, Im still far above the required 60fps mark, meaning that even if you scale it down a bit, and remove the AA, ppl with hardware,much lower then mine, would still have an experience that is better then the console version.

LDK on:
    AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+ OC @ 2.3Ghz Brisbane AM2
    2048MB DDR2 667 Ram
    nVidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB GDDR3 256bit @ stock clocks
    Logitech RumblePad 2 Dual Analog USB Gamepad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-NJ-LbqCNE&feature=user
    Hardly my specs.

The features aren't laughable at all, LDK mode is more then just a hard mode, its a way to push the action to the limits, DMD mode is still much harder, LDK is just for non stop awesome action, combined with turbo mode, you get an experience you just can't get on consoles. Add faster loading AND fixed glitches and its obvious which version is superior.

And you say MT framework, do you even know what it means? MT stands for multi-target, meta-tools and multi-thread, this engine started as a PC/360 engine, cause of the similarities between the 2 platforms, hence why dead rising was as 360 only title and still is. Games using this engine are developed using the PC side of the tools, then its ported to the 360 side, and finally makes its to ps3.

In the case of DMC it was PC first, then ps3. After the multiplatform stance of Capcom was announced, the PC version was ported to the 360, again cause of the similarties, only a fool would port ps3 code to 360, if the PC code resembles it much more.
    This was stated in numerous interviews over the past year after the multiplatform ( Multi-Target) Stance announcement.
    I don't have to proof anything, you either believe me or you don't.
    Last edited by darkshadow; Tue, 09-30-2008 at 01:34 PM.
    -----------------

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deblas
    World of Warcraft- Alot
    Same !

I'm level 52 now (main)

and i have a level 27, 12, and 3... and another 3

You are still confusing something being developed for something, rather than on something. I don't know where you are getting that it was developed for the PC first. The producer, Kobayashi himself admitted that the game was made using a PC engine for the PS3 since they did not know the console's capabilities.

Devil May Cry 4 was announced as a PS3 exclusive in E3 2005, but that changed in March of 2007 when they announced it would not be an exclusive anymore. So while they were making the game for the PS3 for 2 years they were actually making the game for the PC first amirite?

Pathetic little stabs? The irony. Your whole post is riddled with obscenities and your own little stabs over something as silly as a gamepad on a computer. Grow the fuck up. I'm done.

Anyways, back on topic.

Been playing Warhammer Online recently. Have a 20 Black Orc on Badlands. It's been pretty fun. But queue times on Badlands are pretty bad. 20 minutes primetime during weekends, upwards of 45 on weekends. I started a week or so later than the launch date, 10-11 days after headstart players. But there's already level 40s, sheesh. Public Quests are a refreshing change to grinding rep, somewhat. Levelling from PVP is awesome. But collision detection in the game is extremely buggy, and not where it needs to be, since it promised a lot more. Playing it also got me interested in the Warhammer Lore a bit, and I might borrow a copy of my cousin's Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade.
    Last edited by animus; Tue, 09-30-2008 at 02:40 PM.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    wow... @_@

on topic: playing world of warcraft, waiting on LK, putted wii on darkest place of the whole house as it totally lost its appeal, waiting anxioustly for 360 wich im geting on monday
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    <quote>putted wii on darkest place of the whole house as it totally lost its appeal</quote>

my ps3 is collecting dust....

as far as the coming WoW expansion.... not a big deal for me because i just started playing about 2 months ago and haven't gone to BC yet... although i may very soon because my mining is topped out at 300 and my blacksmithing is getting up there (270)

i spent like 2 hours last night mining thorium and farming fire elementals... got 15 essence of fire and 3 heart of fire

any of you play on Detheroc ?

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    you should get to 70 THEN get professions to 375 imo, getting money for materials is so much easy at 70 + daily quests etc

i play on arthas, sorry
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    You are still confusing something being developed for something, rather than on something. I don't know where you are getting that it was developed for the PC first. The producer, Kobayashi himself admitted that the game was made using a PC engine for the PS3 since they did not know the console's capabilities.

Devil May Cry 4 was announced as a PS3 exclusive in E3 2005, but that changed in March of 2007 when they announced it would not be an exclusive anymore. So while they were making the game for the PS3 for 2 years they were actually making the game for the PC first amirite?

Pathetic little stabs? The irony. Your whole post is riddled with obscenities and your own little stabs over something as silly as a gamepad on a computer. Grow the fuck up. I'm done.
    I'm not confusing anything, like i said the engine runs on a pc, and has been doing so since the development of dead rising, for which the engine was created, If the engine was a 360 or ps3 engine it would NOT run on a pc, that's what DEVkits are for. It's like trying to run a win32 app in macosx, not going to work.

So because the engine runs on a pc, it has a pc architecture, which means every code that needs to run on a 360 or ps3 would need porting first. Being announced as a ps3 exclusive is totally irrelevant, it still needs to be ported from the pc engine, as will every mt framework capcom game. No good pc version, no good console versions.
    Oh and where was the talk about gamepads in my last post?
    Obscenities? If you mean "fuck", i've said it just as many times as you did in the last four posts, once. pathetic stabs. =)
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu

any of you play on Detheroc ?
    Smolderthorn, but I may be moving on to Emerald Dream very soonm, if my friend doesn't shut up about how Horde is supposedly much better than Alliance.
    Now 99% disease free!

Mugen no frontier on the DS, actually have been doing so for some time now, together with Super Robot Wars W.
    Also recently started playing Dragonball DS, its pretty cool, and looks great.
    And for ps2 its all about Super Robot Wars Z, hopefully the ps3 SRW will be announced during TGS.
    -----------------

I started playing a game called King's Bounty last week and it's highly addictive. I've never played Heroes of Might and Magic, but this is apparently very similar to that series.

I played King's Bounty and i dont like its gameplay - heroes III and V is better in my opinion.
    Back to Multiwinia.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

There's an old King's Bounty. This is the new one that just came out. King's Bounty: The Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by python862
    Smolderthorn, but I may be moving on to Emerald Dream very soonm, if my friend doesn't shut up about how Horde is supposedly much better than Alliance.
    I play on Mannoroth (horde), I have a level 70 mage there and Altar of Storms (Alliance) 70 warrior and 70 hunter. If you guys play on either let me know~ My guild does Kara and ZA runs twice a week.

So, my Playstation 3's just kinda sitting there, not seeing much action besides playing Metal Gear Solid 4 on the odd occasion and have been wondering about the exclusives coming to the system that might compel me to keep it and not sell it.

Off the top of my head, there's not that many that might compel me to keep it after awhile. I already have a 360, so the only exclusive games announced I'm looking forward to are White Knight Story (might be another year atleast before it gets released in America), Valkyria Chronicles, Little Big Planet, God of War 3, and maybe Final Fantasy Versus 13 (though if it's a repeat of something like Dirge of Cerberus, ugh...)

I've been thinking about trading it for the Wii, but they've got a library problem as well. Great first-party games, and lack of good third party games (or that many to begin with). Anybody in the same situation, have the PS3 +Wii, or all 3 systems able to give some insight?

I've been messing around with a lot of the demos on PSN, apart from playing MGO occasionally. Some of the demos are pretty good, such as Pure, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Fifa 09, etc. I also bought Pixel Junk Monsters, which I thought was a simple and yet addictive game. Cheap too.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。