Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

Gundam Model Kits from Bandai

Post whatever pics of your kits here! Though I think not many of you guys buy the model kits......

Here are some pictures of my Seed models.

Last edited by Psyke; Sat, 12-01-2007 at 08:27 AM.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Gundam Seed Model Kits from Bandai

wow, no seed destiny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]?
    -----------------

Yet to get any kits from Destiny but they're next on my shopping list! Looking forward to sword impulse which is to be released soon.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

im getting freedom MG 1/100
    gouf ignited HG 1/144
    wing custom MG 1/100
    sword impulse 1/100
    astray red frame 1/100
    gunner zaku warrior (luna) HG 1/144
    and prolly force impulse 1/60 if i have enough cash then

will be getting em by end of june
    -----------------

That's quite a lot at one go. Should be able to last you for quite some time if you are going to air brush them. I've thinking of getting the MG 1/100 Wing Custom as well, but will probably do that after I've started the Destiny series. You should get the RX-78 (One year war version). I've got it and it's great. Feels like a 1/100 perfect grade with lots of articulation.

first...i don't think seed's units are really that pretty...
    second.....plz fix the wings for freedom.....you mixed up with the layers of the wings....
    front wing should go on top to cover the railgun
    second layer is in the middle
    like this:

and i can tell....you are not a very good modelist and ..........you donno how to put pose....=.=b
    btw...for taking pic for models...i suggess you take them one by one....and have few close up pics

And I can tell... You're not a very good poster and........ You don't know how to not be a dickhead.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

I don't even like Gundam W but I think I may try this kit. I love the redesign of the original Wing Gundam.

Nice Model Collection you have there PSYKE. ^_^

Only Seed Model I currently have is MG Freedom and MG Aile Strike. Also anyone know if they gonna release a MG version of Force Impulse? =D

Unfotunately they will probably waste an MG on Force Impulse.

Originally posted by: SKY_SO_BLUE
    Nice Model Collection you have there PSYKE. ^_^

Only Seed Model I currently have is MG Freedom and MG Aile Strike. Also anyone know if they gonna release a MG version of Force Impulse? =D
    actually...it's not really a good thing to buy those HG Seed models unless you are trying to do scenes...MGs are better for displays and easier for starters...if you ask me....PG 1/60 are the easiest....the hardest experence i had was to build a 1/144 no grade strike full weapon system

and the chance that they will release MG Force Impulse is really low....since their 1/60 Impulse is so unpopular...(the price is lowered to 1000yen already.....)

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
    And I can tell... You're not a very good poster and........ You don't know how to not be a dickhead.
    well...i am just telling the truth...he didn't do enough line work and knife work to make the model to look good...
    i am guessing he only used the gundam lining marker to do the lining....and even so...he didn't do all the detailed lines...
    only thing i will say is better is that he did remember to do a little fix to the skirts

A MG Force Impulse would sell alot better than the crap they put in 1/60th scale. If it had been a true PG then it would have sold better. I tend to stay away from the non grades since they tend to lack detail.

Well looking at the Freedom you posted. The modeller of it isn't much better. Use a better source if you are gonna give tips.. Then again it could just be the camera that makes it look that way.. If you wanna see some classy models check out Peck World.

Originally posted by: Guardian_2000
    A MG Force Impulse would sell alot better than the crap they put in 1/60th scale. If it had been a true PG then it would have sold better. I tend to stay away from the non grades since they tend to lack detail.
    no...the problem is...Bandai usually use the 1/60 and HG 1/144 to judge should they release the MGs
    cuz it takes a lot of money to hire katoki

I gotta see your source on this since many MG never even see 1/60. Most serious modellers avoid HG unless the model isn't out in MG. Then again G-System are some of the craziest.

I gotta see your source on this since many MG never even see 1/60. Most serious modellers avoid HG unless the model isn't out in MG. Then again G-System are some of the craziest.
    yes..a lot of the MG are not released by 1/60..but that's the case in SEED and the HGs are where the put most of the attention...but 1/60s are also part of the "servey"

actually....about the part with serious modelist, you are wrong.....they usually use 1/144 no grades/HGs, because 1/144 no grades or HGs are harder to customize and better for scene re-makes...MGs are what they usually avoid

to be very honest.....MGs are made for lower class modelists....cuz even a 7~8 year old kid can make a MG look good...but it takes greater skill to make a 1/144 HG or no grades to look good

P.S. if you classify modelist from 1>10(1 is the best)
    i am prolly only at 5~6....

Well then we classify our modellers differently. I consider serious modellers the ones that go after the models where more skill is needed. Generally the model kits that have a higher number of parts and more complexity to them with all the added details. You just don't really find that in the HG or smaller suits. PG being the models of the most serious and diehard modellers. I only opened my PG after I had done a ton of HG then MG. If I want something cheap to put together I'll go with the HG or lesser. There are a few non grade tho with resin parts and customized parts for the MG that add some cool stuff. Even some of the HG conversions bring an extra level of complexity and fix the crappy detail of the kits. There is a reason why they put that skill level on the english boxes. But as I said what you and I consider modelling and the level of a modeller are different things.

Well then we classify our modellers differently. I consider serious modellers the ones that go after the models where more skill is needed. Generally the model kits that have a higher number of parts and more complexity to them with all the added details. You just don't really find that in the HG or smaller suits. PG being the models of the most serious and diehard modellers. I only opened my PG after I had done a ton of HG then MG. If I want something cheap to put together I'll go with the HG or lesser. There are a few non grade tho with resin parts and customized parts for the MG that add some cool stuff. Even some of the HG conversions bring an extra level of complexity and fix the crappy detail of the kits. There is a reason why they put that skill level on the english boxes. But as I said what you and I consider modelling and the level of a modeller are different things.
    um....did anyone tell you before that the "skill rated" thingy on english boxes are not exactly right? PG is the the highest level....^^|||
    yes...more parts are harder...but doesn't mean it takes more skill...just more time....why did i say it takes more skill to make HG/no grades? cuz they are lack in details....you have to make your own parts to make it look good...on the other hand....MG/PG are way too detailed, so you can't really customize them....the real skill is to make a model good looking with your own hand made parts.....
    if you did read the dengeki hobby before....you will find a lot of the models/scene re-makes in the first 50pages...
    nearly all of them are made out of no grades!!

the modelist rating:
    HG>MG>PG>HG>GK>no grades>Creat a GK yourself

Originally posted by: PTX-003C
    well...i am just telling the truth...he didn't do enough line work and knife work to make the model to look good...
    i am guessing he only used the gundam lining marker to do the lining....and even so...he didn't do all the detailed lines...
    only thing i will say is better is that he did remember to do a little fix to the skirts
    Okay, then instead of telling him he sucks, tell him what he can do to become a pro like you.

Jesus christ.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Originally posted by: Mut@t@
    Okay, then instead of telling him he sucks, tell him what he can do to become a pro like you.

Jesus christ.
    i can't see the models in person...how the heck am i going to tell him what exactly he should do....gosh...=.=b
    all i can say is spend more time on knife work and sanding work....lining is the final step of the whole model...

For your info PTX all my kits are Air Brushed and sanded with hobby sand paper and cut with a hobby knife. The only thing I did not do is to use putty.

And I would love to get the MS versions IF Bandai released them. I'm sure you realise the only MG versions Bandai released are Freedom, Strike and Strike Rouge, which I bought because there isn't a HG version.

As for the Freedom's wings I just put them up wrongly for display for this photo taking session. All my models are kept in boxes because I do not have enough place to show them all till I get my own apartment next year. So, I do not need to FIX IT.

And yeah, PTX tell me how to be a pro like you if you think all I do is use Gundam Markers. One look at the colours and you should be able to see that I've used different colours to spray them.

Thank you to the rest for the nice words. Will post up pics of my other MG kits once I have the time.