Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Gundam Wing

What's acctualy funny is that they could use a gundam, but probably werent allowed to drive cars.

"you might not be able to drive yet, but at least you can use an enormous mobile suit that has the power to destroy countires!"

terra, zechs (1 of my favorite characters) was older, and he still kicked ass with a gundam.

heero's gundam's beam rifle seemed to get stronger for the last episode...like 10x stronger. in some episodes, its the size of the virgos, or tarus's but in the last episode, its bigger than a space colony.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Gundam Wing

Zechs = Char rip-off with mental issues (like suddenly switching sides and slashing apart colonies).
    Then again, I can't blame Zechs for being weird - considering who his sister is.

Gundam Wing

Good one XD

All she does is scream " Heeeeeerroooooo!"

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
    Originally posted by: blightian
    i find wing zero's beam rifle exaggerating too. hey, you guys are missing epyon! the ultimate dragon gundam, with whips way cooler than tt funny whip of GOUF>

mind u, duo IS the god of death

in endless waltz, it became "tallgeese III" which had a beam rifle that was extremely...unusual. it looked like this (if memory serves correctly)

yey for my cheesy computer art!
    It looked like it came straight from Macross universe, even the gun powering sound is the same as Macross cannon powering up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Gundam Wing

the only thing noteworthy that came from wing were Hajime Katokis awesome mecha designs, who can forget the ever-present Leo?

Gundam Wing

Another thing I seriously despised about Wing was the influence of freakin' kids. Relena is what 15 and she becomes a queen at one point. Dorothy is 15 and manipulates Romefeller. All the Wing pilots are 15 and fucking wreaks havoc throughout the galaxy. So silly. Kids should sit down and shut up.
    Word.
    But seriously, WTF is up with all those kids doing shit in wars? It gets even worse, some days ago I was checking on some character description for FF VII chars. Now try to imagine my puzzled look, when I read that Cid Highwind was 32 years old and constantly called an old man...o_O WITH 32?!? Are they fucking nuts? 32 is a great age, not even close to being old...as long as you're not living in the dark ages or something. T'was even more astonishing regarding the fact, that FF VII had one of the "older" main chars, with Cloud being 21 instead of being a teen...

Sorry for the off-topic rant.^^

Gundam Wing

Wow...I can't believe so many people hated Gundam Wing. It might be because I first watched the show when I was like 12 or 13 but I really liked it.(Now I get to try and defend it after having seen it 7 years ago) Relena did get annoying, but I think her becoming a leader was not totally outside the realm of possibility. I mean as far as most knew she was the last child of the ruler of a country so she became ruler. Also I think Dorothy was older then 15 since she played with Zechs and Tres as a child I would imagine she was their age not Relena's. I am also curious how old all the gundam pilots in SEED were and the ones in GSD are. It isn't like the real world has never had a situation where a child was put in power(although the names of any escape me now, I think King Tut was a kid). I think watching a show about mobile suits and space colonies then crying about the unrealistic nature of certain weapons in the show is also a little weird, I mean if you want the shows to be realistic then why not just drop all mobile suits and space colonies. Limit all fighting to modern day weapons and real world locations.

Gundam Wing

Damn Gundam Wing Bashers.. Only bashing of this series allowed is on Relena (and possible wufei..).. Oh and There is a manga called episode zero I believe ( I believe because its in my house somewhere) that has all the pilots stories..How Trowa went from Nanashi to Trowa Barton... and Why duo is called duo Maxwell along with why he looks like a priest.. and all the like.. A person shouldnt consider the gundam pilot as kids (except Quatre the pampered uke) since they were trained since their childhoods.. its like conditioning.. If I were to show someone starting from their Infancy dogs ripping people apart in front of them, they will eventually grow cold and this occurence will not phase them..

P.S.. oooh and all the great Yaoi fanfics that have spawned over the years from this series [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Gundam Wing

@Freki: I wouldn't compare King Tut to Gundam characters... also my problem with them all being kids is not necessarily that it isn't realistic. It just that it gets annoying when exactly everyone are grown up and are listening to kids. For example when Relena had those meetings with Romefeller, there was like a table full of old men & whatnot - and among them was Relena who talked about peace and blah blah. Then one of the old men said "Please Relena, help us!". And it just looks so infinitely silly that all these old men put all their hopes in the almost-haven't-entered-puberty bitch at the tip of table.

I'm fully aware of the fact that the japs enjoy making it so characters are unnecessarily young, and most of the time I don't even think about it (I mean most of the characters in Naruto are 12 - that's just silly). But when it in Wing becomes as prominent as it does, then I get irritated.

Also I am quite sure that you having seen it when you were 12-13 vastly shapes your view on the show - because I first saw DBZ at that age, and I know fully well that back then all we wanted to see were explosions and badass characters. If I saw Wing at that age - I'd love it too. And I'd prolly love it today because then it would be nostalgic for me. But I saw this with the mind of a grown up and was able to locate all the evident plot holes, thus confirming that it blows goatballs.

Originally posted by: Hikyuu
    P.S.. oooh and all the great Yaoi fanfics that have spawned over the years from this series [img][/img]
    I'll just pretend I didn't see that.

Gundam Wing

Terra, the romefeller foundation never had intent to use relena for peace.. They were just using her to manipulate the people of the colonies last I remember.. Though I could be wrong it has been some time since I have seen the show and dont have room to d/l it. Anyway.. Relena is like Miss America.. She wants peace in the world.. and for everyone to have a puppy.. that kinda sappy shit is why they used her as the figure head for their orginization ( All she was is their figure head) and if I recalled correctly use her bitch ass. Serves her right..

Gundam Wing

Yeah that's true, but it's even earlier in the series (and actually, it might not be Romefeller she spoke to - I can't remember... but at least it was a bunch of old guys). Not where she's being used as a figurehead.

Oh now I remember, she spoke to the fathers of all those girls that went to her Sanc Kingdom school. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Gundam Wing

Was that before or after the school was being attacked?

Gundam Wing

Before.

Man, Relena is such a stupid bitch. "What? Defense? Why do we need that?"
    *Romefeller attacks*
    Relena: "Fuck that" *gives up*

Gundam Wing

See you cant use Relena to represent the Gundam wing series.. EVERYONE HATES HER.. and the Gundam pilots never really asked for much.. Give up or die.. Nothing wrong with an ultimatum. They werent big on speaches like that twit.. I can imagine if they were though people would listen or they would be shoulder vulcaned or beam cannoned into submission. I dont care how old you are, if someone is holding a gun to your head you are bound to listen.

Gundam Wing

Deathscythe is by far my favourite gundam from this series, the moment when DeathscytheHell just appears out of space and owns all those OZ suits was so great [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] One of the many reasons why i liked Abyss in SEED hehe, they are almost similar (of course, abyss had modes, but meh).

In any case, Gundam Wing was my first series, and i noticed the mobile suit/main character phenomenon. When they were fighting regular mobile suits, they seem to explode at the first shot or touch, but if a main character, say....Treize or Duo was operating one of those throw away mobile suits, it takes more damage and you actually see bullet holes and burns on it.

A very weird phenomenon indeed.

I agree....Relena = useless.
    "You'll soon see what Gotham City is like without fear, and it won't be pretty. Fear is the glue that holds society together, it's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear. Is power." - The Scarecrow

Gundam Wing

Don't compare Deathscythe to Abyss. Abyss is badass and got beams Deathscythe don't.

Gundam Wing

If anything, shouldn't Deathscythe be compared to Forbidden?

Gundam Wing

damnit.. need more room on computer.. for better.. anime ><" .. I wish I has some clue of what you guys are trying to compare Deathscythe tooooo...

Gundam Wing

They compare it to two other MS, Forbidden being from Gundam SEED and Abyss being from Gundam SEED destiny. They are being compared, because both MS got beamscythes, I think. At least Forbidden had one.

Gundam Wing

What about the pilots? are the pilots similar or are they just comparing the mechs?