Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Gundam Wing

Duo

Only Heero, Quatre, Relena, and the post EW story left. Oh and the follow-up stuff from the writer and artist (which I'll do last).

Duo 1
    Duo 2
    Duo 3
    Duo 4
    Duo 5
    Duo 6
    Duo 7
    Duo 8
    Duo 9
    Duo 10
    Duo 11
    Duo 12
    Duo 13

Gundam Wing

About the overpowered Buster Riffle, I think Heero changed the settings to an extent that Wing Zero can be destroyed just to make sure that the shots can peirce the Bunker's Shield.

Gundam Wing

umm heero never did jack squat, all he ever did was install zero system, uninstall and reinstall.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Chaoskiddo
    umm heero never did jack squat, all he ever did was install zero system, uninstall and reinstall.
    He was talking about either before or during EW. Though I have always wondered where he picked the gun up. He didn't have it at all during the fight with Wufei.

Gundam Wing

I loved Duo's tale, he looked so cute in that little priest robe and it contained much interesting stuff overall. Like how he took the name Duo (he met someone named Solo, gotta love puns). Maybe someday I should rewatch Gundam Wing, it's bound to be a lot better now when you know the pasts of the characters (at least that's how it works for me).

Thanks once again Curium. Any chance of mister Raberba Winner next?

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Terracosmo
    I loved Duo's tale, he looked so cute in that little priest robe and it contained much interesting stuff overall. Like how he took the name Duo (he met someone named Solo, gotta love puns). Maybe someday I should rewatch Gundam Wing, it's bound to be a lot better now when you know the pasts of the characters (at least that's how it works for me).

Thanks once again Curium. Any chance of mister Raberba Winner next?
    Sure, Quatre is next.

And your comment about watching Wing again, the author acctually specifically advises that. This is one of the pages from the end of the book that I plan for the end. It even explains WHY these aren't in the TV series. You probably won't like the reason, but at least you have a reason now.

Postscript

Gundam Wing

So that's where they got the Endless Waltz stuff I guess.

Man, people, imagine if the first episode of the show was the anime equal of the Meteor chapter that Curium posted. Then episode 2 would be the anime's episode 1. And then somewhere at occasional spots in series, they could have included character dedicated episodes with the boys' pasts. To top if off, make Relena less annoying. If all of that was done - Wing would be great!

I wonder where it went wrong, really. The pasts are well done, and so is Meteor when put in this light.
    Wasted potential always makes me sad...

Ah well, thanks again for the efforts Curium.
    Thank God they did not put Fukuda in Wing director's chair [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

Gundam Wing

Here is Quatre. I think you will be surprised. In my opinion, Quatre is the one that changed the most before GW. If it wasn't for the fact that he was apathetic he might have turned out evil without this story.

I don't know how much time I will have to scan before next weekend. May have a lot of time, I may not.

Only Heero, Relena, and the post EW stories remain now.

Quatre 1
    Quatre 2
    Quatre 3
    Quatre 4
    Quatre 5
    Quatre 6
    Quatre 7
    Quatre 8
    Quatre 9
    Quatre 10
    Quatre 11
    Quatre 12
    Quatre 13

Gundam Wing

That was great, I really like the whole test tube thing and how it affected Quatre early on. Man, it feels like reading a whole other series when looking through this manga. That postscript was also very interesting and explains why the anime's pacing was sometimes plain hellish. Such a pity it is that scheduling can degrade work so much as it did with Wing. Anyway, it's fantastic how much they manage to tell us in so little pages, in Quatre's story the whole bond with Maganac as well as his goggles (heh) are explained. 29 sisters... omfg.

Just plain awesome.

Well now I don't have any more "please do X next", heh. Just be sure to end it with Relena as she is about as interesting as a rock.
    Thanks once again.

Gundam Wing

If I remember correctly... so is her Bio.. either that or I just skipped over since she sucks.. but they may have things from when she was a peacecraft stilll.. I dont remember since my book is hidden in my jungle -like room..

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Gundam Wing

Please don't scan the Relena one... what a useless hen...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: PSJ
    That pose has been used since SEED. Strike Freedom first appeared in ep 39 was it? And hasn't appeared since so you'd have to watch one episode.
    I made a little mistake.
    It is Destiny not Freedom who has feathers flying arround. Watch opening #4 just before name of the show appears when Destiny stretches it's wings of ligt (Fukuda rips off UC again V2 Gundam had those already) you can see feathers flying arround... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

And i know that Freedom's-Evangelion pose has been arround since SEED and i truly despise it. They probably stole it because "it looks cool" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Gundam Wing

Just be sure to end it with Relena as she is about as interesting as a rock.
    Originally posted by: masamuneehs
    Please don't scan the Relena one... what a useless hen...
    Since Terra and Masamuneehs obviously want it so much here is the chapter on Relena.

Relena 1
    Relena 2
    Relena 3
    Relena 4
    Relena 5
    Relena 6
    Relena 7
    Relena 8
    Relena 9
    Relena 10
    Relena 11
    Relena 12
    Relena 13

Gundam Wing

lol, bastard.

Ah well, at least Zechs' Quattro-ish glasses were cool.

Gundam Wing

Yep. Well there was also the fact that Heero's is twice as long almost.

Gundam Wing

Thank god for cameos.. without them I dont think i would have made it through her story.. a second time..

Gundam Wing

hi everyone,
    newbie here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
    i've read the previous posts in this topic, yah, though i hate to admit, since GW is the second anime i consider best and i like the most out of all anime from the past that i have watched, come to think of it, evrybody's comment on GW here is true. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I watched it when I were in my teen days, but never got the impression that somehow, the characters' development in the show is really very weak. Aside from that, the angelic wings of zero custom, though i like it so much until now, ain't possible for a war machine. It doesn't seems to fit. oh well, that's all, but as a whole, i still love its story, simply awesome for an anime. I know there are many more good anime outhere but i guess this show gives me nostalgic moments, hehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
    GS and GSD, are so far running good, these are also my fave. just a thought, i like the idea of GW ending the war and ending the show itself in Endless Waltz, the idea of destroying all weapons of war and even self destructing the gundams in the end. Esp. the narated part of Endless Waltz in the end of the movie, where it says that gundams remain as a memory or something... and war never happens again... stuffs like that... though its too idealistic, but i surely think that idea is great. and i hope gsd would come up with something like that or more... i just hope the ending of GSD can be as good or surpass that of GW.
    Well, these are just some of my random ideas...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Gundam Wing

Welcome to the forums Zilch!

I was totally in the same place you are for a long time, defending Wing against people who'd seen lots of other Gundam and lots of other mecha anime in general. But after going out there and trying alot more shows, I've seen some of Wing's flaws, but also learned to appeciate some of its better aspects. If you like Gundam you need to see the original series (if you haven't already) 8th MS Team, and naturally take a look at Evangelion and Escaflowne too.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Gundam Wing

Another mecha show that I really enjoyed was Vandread. Also I'm still trying to find someone to sub and/or release the dub of Mazinger Z. Wolf Pack Productions & TV Nihon released episode 1, but all the other eps are only available in Spanish.

Gundam Wing

Thanx masamuneehs, i never had the chance to watch the 8th MS, but heard of it, i think its good, but a little old though. That is the very first gundam show right? Don't know anyone who have a copy of that series. As for Evangelion too. I wish i can find someone who have those series whom i can borrow. Got low funds to buy right now. Escaflowne is great, i love it too. Its music is very nice, esp. the mystic eyes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]