Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Some people wanted a topic like this since a G Gundam one has emerged so... type away!

Well uhh... I like the music... and Quatre was cool when he was insane in Wing Zero [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
    Trowa had some nice moments too I suppose.
    Other than that, I liked the mechanics.

Everything else sucked. And Relena is the worst character EVER.
    She makes me want to build a Hinata fanshrine, that's how much I hate her.

Gundam Wing

I never really got the whole "two armies fight against each other in a huge ass battle, then no one wants to fight anymore" theory that Zechs had. Zechs must have never studied history...
    But I thought the Gundams were cool. Though to be honest, I really can't remember much about Gundam Wing anymore. (So perhaps I misunderstood the final battle, hehe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

Gundam Wing

When I was in the SEED-Fansubs IRC room earlier to get their version of episode 40 I noticed one person make this comparison between SEED and Wing. At least Wing never pretended that it wasn't a Super Robot show.

Gundam Wing

Well heavyarms is a cool gundam and i liked the Tallgeese, Zechs and Trowa were alright characters i guess other than that there is not much i like about it.

In my opinion Deathscythe is a stupid suit as well as Wing Zero. Deathscythe got a beamscythe that works underwater which is bullshit and Wing Zero got a beamrifle strong enough to pulverize an entire colony with one shot.

The characters are nothing. The only background information we get on Heero is that he got his name from some important guy at his colony. The others got no story they are just there. They were given a name nothing more. Duo is an idiot in my opinion running around calling himself God of death seriously, i mean come on you are a fucking soldier not a kid coming up with a cool nickname.

Of course this is my opinion and i haven't seen the series in a while.

Gundam Wing

God damn, Duo is cool.
    www.rolleyes.net/

Financial aspect of my life is revealed.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: PSJ
    The characters are nothing. The only background information we get on Heero is that he got his name from some important guy at his colony. The others got no story they are just there. They were given a name nothing more. Duo is an idiot in my opinion running around calling himself God of death seriously, i mean come on you are a fucking soldier not a kid coming up with a cool nickname.
    It doesn't help the anime any, but to be fair there is background on all 5 pilots in some of the manga releases. I will try to find it, I've got it somewhere.

Gundam Wing

It's too bad they limited their backgrounds to those manga releases, because some of them were actually quite interesting.

Gundam Wing

i find wing zero's beam rifle exaggerating too. hey, you guys are missing epyon! the ultimate dragon gundam, with whips way cooler than tt funny whip of GOUF>

mind u, duo IS the god of death

Gundam Wing

hepp, hepp, Duo is God of Death :-)

DeathScythe has to be the ultimate close combat Gundam, the beam scythe is just...way cooler then a beam rifle, and that he dosent take a "no" for a answer....

damn, u made me wana watch Wing...again...

Gundam Wing

Yeah, Duo rules! I like the comments he makes.

" If you are joking, then it's not funny. If you are being sarcastic then it's even worse"
    XD

Gundam Wing

As for extended backgrounds of Wing pilots - watch Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz movie
    It explains some of it

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Curium
    It doesn't help the anime any, but to be fair there is background on all 5 pilots in some of the manga releases. I will try to find it, I've got it somewhere.
    Then they should have put that in the anime. I think it would be alot better if they did.

No, Duo is not cool. Just face it, he calls himself "God of Death" and is serious, yes it's an anime whatever it is still stupid.

Missing Nin

Gundam Wing

I actually enjoyed wing for what it was really. Although there was absolutely no excuse for Relena to have ever existed she is truely the most worthless character ever. Also all of the pilots have some background in wing I definatly disagree that they all just show up. Given however Duo's is REALLY thin.

Overall as a show where robots blow things up and sell models the mech designs are all some of the best and it is one of the few series where its explained why Gundams are so feared. I don't believe any other series has them made out of a completely differn't Alloy then basically all the other mobile suits.

Gundam Wing

Maybe i exaggerated abit but fuck they got virtually no character development as far as i remember.

Missing Nin

Gundam Wing

Maybe i exaggerated abit but fuck they got virtually no character development as far as i remember.
    I would say that Quatra, Wui Fei and Trowa all got a decent amount of developement. Duo and Hiro really didn't change at all during the course of the series however.

Gundam Wing

Duo is cool dammit.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: Phoebus
    hepp, hepp, Duo is God of Death :-)

DeathScythe has to be the ultimate close combat Gundam, the beam scythe is just...way cooler then a beam rifle, and that he dosent take a "no" for a answer....
    That title is reserved for the one and only King of Hearts.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Gundam Wing

Long live the King of Hearts, Domon Kasshu! He'd own all the 5 Wing gundams blindfolded.

A decent amount of development is very vague. To me they didn't develop much at all.

Gundam Wing

Originally posted by: blightian
    i find wing zero's beam rifle exaggerating too. hey, you guys are missing epyon! the ultimate dragon gundam, with whips way cooler than tt funny whip of GOUF>

mind u, duo IS the god of death

in endless waltz, it became "tallgeese III" which had a beam rifle that was extremely...unusual. it looked like this (if memory serves correctly)

yey for my cheesy computer art!

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Gundam Wing

Once I saw a 5 pages long essay by some lonely pathetic female who wrote why she thought Duo called himself the God of Death.
    I should try finding it again, it was seriously creepy.

Another thing I seriously despised about Wing was the influence of freakin' kids. Relena is what 15 and she becomes a queen at one point. Dorothy is 15 and manipulates Romefeller. All the Wing pilots are 15 and fucking wreaks havoc throughout the galaxy. So silly. Kids should sit down and shut up.