Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seed Mode

Seed Mode

i've been wondering about it for a while. it was never explained in the anime. what is seed mode? is it a state of mind? does it only manifest in coordinators? can just about anyone do it?

Seed Mode

There are several definitions that I've seen. You can find them around the net. Decide for you self which you believe.

The only part I'm going to bother with is that it is not something only Coordinators can do. Cagalli is a Natural and she has achieved SEED mode.

Seed Mode

This is the best explaination of SEED mode that i found.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEED_Mode#SEED_factor

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Seed Mode

did you watch gundam seed? that blind guy explained it after kira and athurn fought in strike and aegis.

its like you go into a berserker mode where your battle reflexes are all sharpened to the point where you can almost defeat any opponet.

LaZie made this...a long time ago.

"It was a very depressing time in my life, since I had no money I was unable to screw the rules" -Kaiba

Seed Mode

Stop using the term berserker mode.

Seed mode is a step in evolution where some humans goes beyond the capabilities of others which is the reason not only coordinators can do it. When you go into SEED mode your senses are stronger as well as reactions and reflexes.

As for the "berserker mode" that is the term Andy used to describe what kind of person Kira is, it is not related to the Seed mode.

Seed Mode

I feel like the series should explain the whole phenomenon better though. I've always thought Seed mode is so incredibly random.
    Sudden & unexplained super saiyan-esque abilities doesn't belong in Gundam.

Seed Mode

True, i remember the first time a "stone" suddenly dropped and shattered infront of Kira i was like "wtf? what is this?".

Seed Mode

S
    Superior

E
    Evident

E
    Evolutionary

D
    Destined-factor

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Seed Mode

I also find it hilarious and absoultley dumb-founding that SEED mode has not been explained that much in the actual series.

You don't see the characters going, "Gee I just snapped out there and fighting became totally different" or "What came over me?" They just seem to take it for granted, like they can't even sense it happening....

Once again, Fukuda and crew should pay more attention to flushing out the fine details of the show's plot rather then focus on making pretty looking MS and spouting alot of trash about how people should live their lives or fight wars.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Seed Mode

Indeed.

There was some stuff about it in early Destiny, Gil mentioned that there was a reason that he made Shinn pilot the Impulse gundam, i.e that he could enter Seed mode. This indicates that there is something more behind it, something which BETTER get explained. Damnit.

Seed Mode

Kira also had flashbacks back in Seed when Mwu explained to him what a berserker was
    plus there is the terribly vague explanations by Markio (the blind guy) and Erica Simmons (the Orb chief engineer)

@aznroyale, that's just the meaning of the acronym and not an explanation of what SEED mode is
    Love is fiction, misery is my only friend

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Seed Mode

Berserk is this =
    1-Destructively or frenetically violent
    2- Mentally or emotionally upset; deranged
    3- Unrestrained, as with enthusiasm or appetite; wild

SEED can be turned on and off willingly (at least by Kira and Athrun) so it is not what going berserk is.

The similarities between a berserker and SEED are that both can temporarilly make a person go past normal human limitations as far as strength, stamina and aggression. SEED also seems to be a Limit-Breaker, to borrow FF7 terminology, that can be tripped in order to pass normal limitations on reaction speed, vision etc.
    The biggest difference I've seen is that berserk rampages tend to end when the catalyst for the nervous breakdown is removed or defeated, and that entering the berserker state leaves the berserker weakened and can even do permenent damage. SEED mode seems to have 0 negative side effects, especially noteworthy that no SEED pilot has really pushed themselves too far and injured themselves by entering SEED mode. It also seems to be able to go on far after the initial onset, lasting much longer than berserk.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Seed Mode

Cynical Mode: SEED stands for 'Gee, I can't think of a good reason for an unSkillEd pilot to bEat all oDds, so I'll make up a convinient and unexplained plot-device to do it for me.'

But seriously, I think it's be interesting if SEED had something to do with the 'Destiny Plan' Dillundal has concocted, since the only people who have gone SEED are people who are placed in situations that are pivotal to the future of the Human Race. As in, he might have isolated the particular Gene and can control it somehow (assuming SEED has anything to do with Genes as Dillundal has said it does.)

Seed Mode

Originally posted by: Kovash
    But seriously, I think it's be interesting if SEED had something to do with the 'Destiny Plan' Dillundal has concocted, since the only people who have gone SEED are people who are placed in situations that are pivotal to the future of the Human Race. As in, he might have isolated the particular Gene and can control it somehow (assuming SEED has anything to do with Genes as Dillundal has said it does.)
    That is an interesting theory. We do know that the notebook about the Destiny Plan came from the Mendel Colony where Kira was "born". Athrun's and Lacus' fathers were highly placed within PLANT, so Dullindal being a council member may have been involved when it came time for them to go through the Coordinator Process. With Cagalli some small amount may have been done when Kira was taken from the womb. And with Shinn, we have no background whatsoever on his parents. For all we know Shinn's mother or father was Dullindal's childhood friend.

Seed Mode

This is my first post.

I have been reading the various posts regarding what the destiny plan might be. I think that the plan has already been in effect. The SEED that is often referenced, I think is what has already been 'planted'. A few people who have this SEED, as you know, show extraordinary abilities, even beyond that of the normal Coordinator.

I believe that a lot of the heads of governments and other high level people within some of these countries know something about this plan. Cagalli's father knew about it. Dullindal, Priest Markio, Kleuze, Lacus' father, Muu's father (from whom Kleuze was cloned), Kira's 'parents' and even Athrun's father. Probably even Djibril and his Blue Cosmos (hence his fear).

Kira, among these SEEDs (so far Kira, Athrun, Shin, Cagalli, Lacus) is different in that he was 'grown' in a machine, separated from his twin sister Cagalli and was probably modified beyond the normal Coordinator. He is the perfection of that plan and that is probably why Kleuze wanted to destroy him so much. Don't forget that Muu's father, though not a Coordinator was envious of the abilities and potential of the Coordinators. Kleuze remembers Kira when Athrun told him about Kira and he later made reference how he thought that Kira had died from those earlier experiments to create SEEDs born from a machine, during their encounter on Colony Mendel. I have to rewatch the Dullindal flashback episode with Kleuze from Destiny, because I think there is some detail there that shows that they had different views on the plan, and I think that since Kleuze realized that he could never realize that SEED potential for himself, he really wanted to destroy Kira and anybody else who would want to get that potential, as shown in their final battle in Gundam Seed. Dullindal knows who Kira is very well and what he could be and probably that is why he fears him so.

I think that the match between Athrun and Lacus was by design to test the results of a SEED union, a test of the Destiny Plan. I wondered why Cagalli's father and now Dullindal were fearful to have Kira together with Cagalli and Lacus. Maybe there is a potential there that they realized during their experiments on Mendel.

Djibril most likely knows the potential of the SEED, as his Blue Cosmos organization created Coordinators in the first place.

Seed Mode

In that case Kira+Lacus is even better pair. Kira is Ultimate Coordinator+Another Coordinator=SuperSayan? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
    But if seriously their union is something Dullindal considers to be a great threat to his plans.

Seed Mode

is cagilli a natural or a corrdiantor ? i have sen her go seed once before

Seed Mode

she's a natural...

yup she did go seed when 1 of the astray girls died...

Seed Mode

SEED isn't only something coordinators possess. SEED is one step further in human evolution thus Cagalli as a natural can possess it to.

Seed Mode

@Niteshade Blue Cosmos created coordinators? What!!! i never knew that?