Page 101 of 124 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2477

Thread: Amazing Cosplay MUST SEE NOW

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    it's an art, it requires soul.
    I agree, u can see when a cosplayer has really committed himself on their costume. I wish there were conventions around here they do look like alot of fun.

Besides Hot Chicks + Cosplaying = Happy me

Cosplaying isn't about self-fulfillment for the individual cosplayer. It's about doing justice to a live-action representation of an anime character for the sake of the on-lookers. What on-looker wants to see an overweight Tifa, regardless of how well-made her costume is? It's almost as bad as someone's inappropriate representation of an icon, like that storm trooper with the American flag scheme on his helmet. It's just wrong.

The flabbiness of your thighs is as important a part of your costume as the cat ears. And no, Sailor Moon does not have a double-chin.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

still, 99.9% of the fanbase doesn't look like a typical anime charecter (correction, 99.9% of the population doesn't look like a typican anime charecter).
    it's been mentioned a few times in this thread that most of the 'OMG SO CUTE!' girls are professional cosplayers (aka. models), not fans of the series or of the charecter.

and even they use photoshop half the time to look more like the charecter.

I don't look a anime hero, I barely qualify as the silly sidekick villian from a filler arc.
    and still, me and my friends (not really me or my friends, but in general speaking) are the ones who 'make' the conventions, we get the anime-buzz going and we download the illegal fansubs, the cons area community thing, and we are the community.
    so we deserve to be the ones wearing silly customes, despite the lack of any similiarty between us and the charecters we're cosplaying. we earned it.

not to say that hot looking asian chicks wearing nothing but golden bikins aren't welcome, but let's face it, it's a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Death BOO Z
    I barely qualify as the silly sidekick villian from a filler arc.
    Once again I agree with you on the other stuff but with this particular comment I disagree. You would definitely make for a great villain if not the main antagonist in a series. Although I think you seem to be one of those Vegeta type characters so eventually the good guys are going to win you over even though you pretend to hate them.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Unfortunately you are correct, a large majority of the non-Asian anime fanbase do not resemble the characters from anime, except the occasional support character. That doesn't excuse a half-ass cosplay of the character. Keep that garbage for private get-togethers at home where it belongs. It's like showing Magic:the Gathering competitions on ESPN, it's just wrong.

I think you could do a decent Chado if you wore a wig.

Like I was saying, these cosplayers in Eurasian's post did a pretty good job, and they don't seem like pros.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyke

I like the Exia one in particular. Nice pics once again Psyke

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Blog Entries
    Is that robot thingy for real?? Dam some guys take this way too seriously

There's even a lighthing equiptment on his helmet! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel
    Is that robot thingy for real?? Dam some guys take this way too seriously
    Agreed. Check out the entire process of him putting on the costume here.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

i digress, thats just pure awesome and pure talent.
    -----------------

Wow, I rarely visit this thread because im not into cosplay, but I have to admit that Gundam Exia and Dynames are really impressive. And dam half a year to make!?! I really hope he wears it more then once.
    "Be sure to take this piece of $#!t(meant sheet)" - My dynamics professor(heavy japanese accent)

Sig and Avatar by Lucifus
    Current Games: League of Legends(Fuck, its got me hooked again -_-)

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    If I'd own such a suit, I'd wear it every carnival and sometimes when I'm going to buy bread just for the lulz

must be an awesome feeling when you enter a shop and demand 10 buns and a Maxim and leave it with some robotic noises or saying "Exia commencing armed intervention"

Junior
    KOS MOS!

<3

I love her! That cosplayer doesn't look too bad.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Found this a while ago. Thought it was very clever and well done:

And then in keeping with my usual trend of posting your average cosplayer:

Double trouble indeed:

lol

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    And then in keeping with my usual trend of posting your average cosplayer:
    I think this is way below average. That's a guy, isn't it?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Transvestite.

Yes, I'm serious, and yeah I'm being a bit too cynical. That's way below average, but still demonstrates the horrors of people who think they can dress up like that.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

According to DeathBoo, she/he/it has earned the right as a fan of the show .

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    That Gundam thing is incredible, but were are the toilets?

Should I someday think of cosplaying, I'd choose a side character from Monster as it's full of European fat guys
    Or the ronin guy from DB as he is quite chunky.

I know that for example Lelouch is out of reach , Maybe in the Zero costume, mask on, with a little less weight and leg and arm extenders

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XanBcoo
    Yes, I'm serious, and yeah I'm being a bit too cynical. That's way below average, but still demonstrates the horrors of people who think they can dress up like that.

Junior
    Wow...Cammy. XD

Hey that Jessie...for some strange reason, I think her face suits the real-life Jessie. I dunno, but she's not ugly. I think she's quite pretty.

And the one in the pink is a girl indeed. Legs.

You know, where do some people find the guts to walk around like that? Especially since they don't have perfect bodies and all...

Gotta admire them for that.