Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Gotwoot Extreme Makeover

Ok, so it's been a while since the last sig competition. But I was thinking, wouldn't it be fun to mix things up a bit and put a different spin on it?

I dunno if you guys have ever seen this, but last year my housemates watched a lot of TLC and among other things there was this show called 'What Not To Wear'. Basically, the premise was that they found someone with a really ugly wardrobe and bought them a whole new set of clothes. I was thinking it might be fun to do something similar with sigs where we find someone with a really ugly sig (maybe do this in a tasteful way, since people might not like their artwork being called ugly......maybe get people to volunteer, so they make their own judgement of how ugly their sig is) and everone who wants to participate in the contest makes a sig for this person. Then at the end the person chooses which sig they like best and replaces their ugly sig with that.

So what do you guys think?

New game/contest

I'm game. This sounds like fun. We'll improve Gotwoot one sig at a time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

New game/contest

Sounds great, i love the idea.

New game/contest

Very cool KitKat, lets get it going.

New game/contest

Maybe we should pm some people with a bag sig or no sig at all.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

New game/contest

Let's advertize it in the General Discussion forums, i can do it if you think it's a good idea.

New game/contest

I think thats a great idea. Go for it!

LOL, this is starting to fell like a TV show...

New game/contest

Hehe, yea somewhat. I'll start with the ad right away, i'll post here once it's finished.

EDIT: Okey, while i was writing the ad, i thought of something. We don't really even have set rules or anything, so maybe we should let this topic stay here for a while and decide on some rules and the way to carry out this competition, once we have done that we can post a new topic with rules and everything and then do the ad. I got the whole ad saved on my comp so i'll post it once it's appropriate.

New game/contest

@Phoenix: The contest sounds like a really cool idea but I don't think pm'ing people with bad sigs is the right way to go. Everyone loves their own sigs and it'd be disrespectful to just pm someone and say "Hey! We're having this contest where we take a bad sig from someone and make it better! Can we use yours?". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Very good idea Kat! We should start getting different contests in here regularly to keep this section of the forum alive, other than just the "Request" thread and "Post your new sig/wallpaper here" thread. PSJ makes a good point about the rules. Here's a two I thought of:

1) The new sig we take can be a size that the user wants, but it must stay within GotWoot's sig restriction.
    2) Only people who use the forum regularly can get a new, revamped sig. People who sign up and make one thread and leave can't since it would be pointless.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

New game/contest

The rules sounds good.

I think the person we choose for this gets to choose what character etc. he wants on the sig, after that the artists can do whatever they want, not much regulations at all. But i also think we should give the artist free choice of size, texts and whatnot since the person we choose for this gets to choose the one he likes. If we let him give to much specifics it would just be like the request thread competition style.

New game/contest

Originally posted by: NarutoMaster
    @Phoenix: The contest sounds like a really cool idea but I don't think pm'ing people with bad sigs is the right way to go. Everyone loves their own sigs and it'd be disrespectful to just pm someone and say "Hey! We're having this contest where we take a bad sig from someone and make it better! Can we use yours?". [img][/img]
    Didnt think of it that way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Don't I feel like an ass....

Anyway, those rules do sound good. We do need the characters and color scheme also.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

New game/contest

Yay! I'm glad people like this idea!

As for rules, I was thinking that whoever volunteers for the contest needs to have had their sig for a significant time before the contest started, just so we don't get someone making a crappy sig in Paint and being like, 'Look, I have an ugly sig, pick me." It should be someone who has been proudly displaying a sig of gloriously substandard proportions. Also, I'd say give them leeway to request ONE thing at most. Otherwise, it restricts us a lot in how creative we can be. Also, if the person doens't give too many specifics, it adds to the challenge for us to research what that person likes, how they post, and to create a sig that is an accurate representation of their personality.

New game/contest

I like what i read KitKat. Some good suggestions right there. From those who volunteers i guess we could do some kind of voting to see which of them will be the lucky one for this competition, like people can vote on who they think needs a new sig the most. The only slight problem i see is how we choose the ones that are nominated for the voting out of those who volunteer. Maybe we can pick some judges who gets to nominate a number of the volunteers, i thinking maybe KitKat as the founder of this project and maybe 2-4 more judges that KitKat choose.

New game/contest

What about "Extreme Makeover: GotWoot Edition"? Kinda like KitKats idea.

New game/contest

Actually, maybe we can use every volunteer that we get. Here's an idea:

Depending on the amount of people that want new sigs (regular forum users only), we can make it into a tournament bracket, so to speak. It'll be two people per round for someone who wants a new sig. Whichever sig the volunteer chooses is the winner. Lets say that Turkish-S, Terra, SK, and Chaoskiddo wanted new sigs. So the matchups would be...

Turkish's sig - PSJ vs. Phoenix
    Terra's sig - NM vs. KitKat
    SK's sig - Kage vs. Itachi
    Chaoskiddo - Foomanchew vs. Eurasian

And it'll all be organized into a tournament bracket. If Turkish chooses PSJ's sig, PSJ will move on to the next round to make a sig for somebody else and go up against me or Kat, depending on what sig Terra chooses. Obviously, alot of volunteers would be needed for this. Just an idea, feel free to change any aspect of this if you think its a good idea.

EDIT: Koyuki, I like the title for the contest. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

New game/contest

Interesting, that would make the contest longer and way more fun. I like it.

New game/contest

Extreme Makeover: Gotwoot Edition. LOL Thats awsome. I've been trying to come up with a title also,
    but that one beats all of mine.
    The setup that NM gave sounds great. I like the fact that multiple people can partisapate and the vs.
    is cool also. A braket system is great for this type of comp.

New game/contest

if it's extreme makeover we should include an ava to.

New game/contest

i have an ugly sig, sign me up as one of the volunteers who needs a change

New game/contest

We have our first request!!

3 spots remaining.