Page 55 of 77 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1539

Thread: Today I learned...

I'm so frightened! What's going to happen to all my poor pics? KitKat has turned evil!

Today I learned how awesome Thunderhorse sounds on piano: clickety-clickety.
    Now 99% disease free!

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    Whoa, that kid is fucking awesome!! I LOVE Thunderhorse.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

Today i learned that FF VII works on 10:16 pc monitor without problems.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Today I learned that spiders can eat birds.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/slideshow...spider&photo=1

Holy. Shit.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: Not as amazing, but still:

Coffee shrinks breasts but reduces cancer risk

FYI, Hormone Replacement Therapy may increase breast size, and also increases the risk of breast cancer. Link between breast size and cancer rates? Or rather, increasing breast size from your individual norm vs cancer rate?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

God I hate spiders.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    today I learned that from the time I was 7 until I was 9 I was willing to give a lap dance to anybody fast enough to grab my wrist.

http://www.amyth.com/Odd/Sex-Bracelets.html

btw, this is an even better idea than the 'stop light frat parties' we had...

ouch. old stuff is old. but it made me lol.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Tue, 10-28-2008 at 08:25 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Junior
    Today I learnt how auditors work. In detail.

~_~

Today I learned my university has no idea when I graduated.

I was a December grad (as opposed to the typical May for all those with a different higher education system) because I needed one more class in my major to graduate.

Today, I got a yearbook in the mail. A yearbook that, I didn't order, didn't pay for, and full of people I most certainly did not spend four years of school with. Sure, I recognize a few faces here and there, but I went to classes with for all intents and purposes, none of these people.

"Bewildered" is the only word that can aptly describe how I felt when I opened the box it came in.

Did you know that a can of V (250mL) contains 29% of your recommended daily sugar intake? (that's 27g)

Yikes!
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Sat, 11-08-2008 at 09:05 AM.

I learned that when you jump off a building, it's better that as soon as you hit the ground (with your legs), you should roll to prevent any impact damage. Thought that was pretty neat how they demonstrated.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Yeah? I always thought of bobbing down slowly like suspensions. Guess rolling would be easier. Fall from high enough though, and you'll have enough trouble simply not landing on your head

Eww, that would not be a nice scene to endure.
    Last edited by Nadouku; Mon, 03-09-2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Changed the entire format of the text.
    I am training in the shadows.
    Currently playing: All of your games, probably.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I had a "whoaaaah" moment about 1 hour ago.

I saw a message on the ticker on some news channel which said "The media have etc..." which was weird because I always thought "the media" was a singular noun. Then I realized it's Latin:

Datum - Data
    Medium - Media

My head asplode.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

just like how ppl say forums instead of fora.
    -----------------

And antennas instead of antennae.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Today I learned that the sacred incantation that Ash messes up in Army of Darkness actually came from a sign posted on the cubicle of the programmer who created the Tron program in the movie. I saw it while watching Tron for the first time.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Actually, before that, it was used as a phrase in the classic '50s black-and-white sci-fi flick "The Day the Earth Stood Still".
    Now 99% disease free!

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Keanu Reeves is like the best person to play Klaatu. All he has to do is walk around blankly and react to everything quite woodenly.

Which is good because that's all he can do.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Yakuza (Japanese gangsters) literally means "8 9 3" and refers to a losing hand in a traditional Japanese card game.