Page 1 of 77 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Today I learned...

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)

Today I learned...

Often in a day I'll pick up a random bit of trivia that I find really cool, or I'll learn something at school that I find fascinating, or I just have something random that I want to say. I'm pretty sure there are some of you who feel the same, so let's have a thread for this!

This thread is for telling somthing new that you learned today. It can be factual (i.e. "Today I learned why the sky is blue." or "Today I learned that Semitic languages have non-concatenative morphology."), it can be a life lesson (i.e. "Today I learned that eating two-week-old leftovers is a really bad idea." or "Today I learned that scissors should not be used as projectiles.") or it can be a new skill that you've learned (i.e. "Today I learned Kage Bunshin no Jutsu." or "Today I learned how to kill someone with a knitting needle.").

It doesn't matter if it's something everyone else already knows, or even if anyone else even understands what you're talking about. As long as it's something that's new to you, that you learned today. Make your post as long or as short as you want. Include illustrative anecdotes, detailed explanations, or just leave a single sentence.
    Let's hear what you learn today!

Today I learned...

today i learned its a bad idea to take long breaks from going the gym, cos the day after u go back u get major hurties

see sextastic diagram below

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would

Today I learned...

I learned two things today

I can eat my breakfest out of a flower pot, and that People will still come to my work even when it's a blizzard outside and ask why we don't have our parking lot cleaned..(It seems people to get the fact that blizzards have strong winds with them)
    image fail!

Today I learned...

today i learned that life can be good sometimes but most of the time it sucks

Gets more ass than a toilet seat! Eurasian's Avatar

Today I learned...

ohh cool topic KitKat!!

Today...I learned the word "ROFLCOPTER." I find it intriguing how people came up with that term.

I tried my best...

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

Today I learned...

I learned a few things in Chemistry today: That when building muscle, if you don't keep exercising it, it will turn to fat and get all lumpy n' shit; that many "healthy" cereals like Raisin Bran have more sugar in them than "sugary cereals" like Cinnamon Toast Crunch; that eating watermelon is a good way to lose weight temporarily (makes you piss), but all you're losing is water and it'll come back;

There's more. As much as I hate the class, the prof always gives us random facts that are sometmes pretty cool.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Today I learned...

Originally posted by: Eurasian
    ohh cool topic KitKat!!

Today...I learned the word "ROFLCOPTER." I find it intriguing how people came up with that term.
    what about lolerskates? or wtfbbqsauce

Today I learned...

i have to learn to play hockey for gym...... i cant name one chinese player that was ever in a hockey team

Today I learned...

Originally posted by: basey44
    Originally posted by: Eurasian
    ohh cool topic KitKat!!

what about lolerskates? or wtfbbqsauce
    I learned that basey would be one of the best drinking buddies. My current ones are pretty damn random,
    but basey would make random seem normal. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Today I learned...

Originally posted by: XanBcoo
    that eating watermelon is a good way to lose weight temporarily (makes you piss), but all you're losing is water and it'll come back;
    Now I understand that joke on the Simpsons episode where Homer becomes the Union leader. I thought it was just one of those random jokes.

Today I learned how to tie a double figure 8 knot.

Today I learned...

This isn't today, it happened on Saturday. On Saturday I learned that Dairy Queen sells hamburgers and other hot foods.

Today I learned...

i learned that cigars are pointless

Today I learned...

I learned that benefits packages can be worth at least 30% of your salary, which is the main advantage of working full-time vs contract.
    Also that image type input form elements submit a form on click and therefore an IMG tag in an A tag should be used instead for running javascript responses without reloading the page.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries

Today I learned...

I learned (well, was reminded) that I should always check kvm cable genders before I buy the kvm cables. Otherwise, I end up having to buy $2/each gender changers for the vga parts, which is just irritating. And I even mentioned when I was making the order that I should double-check that I got the right gender cables, but just never got around to it! GRR!

I also learned the basics of vhosting using IIS, and re-learned how to set up sharepoint sites (which is good, because I somewhat needed to know that one, since this new server I got is supposed to be a dedicated sharepoint server).

I also learned that our timetrack app at work bases itself on the local system time rather than the server time, which is just begging to be abused.

Finally, I learned that I know entirely too much about computers in general.

Today I learned...

today i learned that the proverb : even a donkey doesn't fall over the same stone 2 time's. isn't true.
    I made a test at scool 2 weeks ago and got a 2,4 i remade one today and it still was hard as hell. And i think i havent made it better.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

EDIT: the test was for chemestry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

to Saberfire... I would

Today I learned...

I learned today that complich8 and AssertnFailure are just as tech savy as I am (I understood all that) as well as i learned those new HP computer with their new form factor is shit on many levels... but alas these people still think they are just "cool"..

Oh and i learned that my parents are telling people that i fix computers for a living and that now i have to fix all theirs too..

Darn it why could n't i get a "real job"

*sobs*
    image fail!

Today I learned...

Deadfire, if you do computer repair work, but don't have a job....check out
    www.computerrepair.com

They contact people whenever someone needs something fixed, and if you respond before other people do, you get the job. Then you can do some usually simple task like install a router, and get paid $60+

Wilik and I tried it out over the summer [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Today I learned...

Today I came across two beautiful Italian proverbs:

"...but then, once the game is all over, both the King and Pawns go back in the same box."
    &amp;
    "At a round table there is no place for disupute." (...unless its a dispute about being at the table or not...)

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

to Saberfire... I would

Today I learned...

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    Deadfire, if you do computer repair work, but don't have a job....check out
    www.computerrepair.com

They contact people whenever someone needs something fixed, and if you respond before other people do, you get the job. Then you can do some usually simple task like install a router, and get paid $60+

Wilik and I tried it out over the summer [img][/img]

It's too bad i live in Canada... And work at a Best Buy.....as a computer tech....and a sales person sometimes

Anyways I learned not to reheat coffee 2 days old......you can guess on how i learned this
    image fail!

Today I learned...

I applied to Futureshop as a techy, but got turned down. I guess it's because I'm 16 and have no certifications. But still...I think I'm very qualified.