Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AMV-making

AMV-making

opps my bad didnt mean to put this here

AMV-making

POAST 1

this is the place where AMV makers teaching the aspiring AMV makers of the future

now in order to start a amv u need a move maker...... there are several out ther just google for a free move maker.........but for begining AMV maker lest use a basic program.....

OK..... now in windows XP with all the updates....... ((( click on the start butten and go to ""ALL PROGRAMS"" look through and find ""WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER"".....START IT UP))....ok now that it is up u want to click and drag it to make it small enough to drag idams into it and big enough to see in side it........ ok now is the time to find your music.......(( ok hears a tip... u want to seperate your music and your anime that u will be using....

""now look at the WMM(windows move maker) u will see.... the basic.... file, edit,view....ext..... NOW look a row under that..... u will see the new project paper looking thing.... the load icon.... and the rest....... i want you to go over to the drag down that is on the 2ed row.. and move it to collections... and u will want to drag your music in to that open slot to the left

ok..... hopefuly you will have your music in that box and stay there...... now inorder to use the music that you want to use all u have to do is open the COLLECTIONS box and drag it on to the "SCORE" the big time line thing at the bottem of the WMM(windows move maker)........

now once u got your music in the time line play it a few times and make shure that u GENRALY feal like u want to use that music or tune.....(most likely after listion to the music a few times you can get the feal of what Anime u want to use.......

OK..... HERE COMES THE LONG PART........(THIS IS MY MOST PROMET SUGESTION.......YOU WANT TO FIND A ANIME THAT YOU KNOW!!!!

now the best anime is one u know and one that u have seen ALLLL ((( AND I DO MEAN ALLL (whell that is out) )).... the reason for this is becouse chanches are once u get better you will start to jump episodes.... hers a example

^^^ ok my first AMV was the song "DDR's butterfly" and i use only the first OVA of roune kenshin.... and i made a deasent AMV.....BUT now im using GUNDAME WING and im jumping from episode to episode to be able to enlarge the fealing of constant battle.....^^^

now its good to use only one episode or onc OVA/ MOVE to do your first AMV it just makes things less complacated........MORE ON NEXT POST.....

AMV-making

So do you have any AMV's to share with us?

AMV-making

NEVER MIND THIS POST...
    yea just give me a sec to figure out how to get it on the web to you guys...any sugestions would be helpfull

AMV-making

You can try Here or Here.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

AMV-making

OK..... here it is my very first AMV... keep in mind i have yet to mark it as my own so plz keep it only to your selfs
    and thank Phoenix for helping me out...

http://rapidshare.de/files/863.../MY_FIRST_AMV.wmv.html
    feal free to comite on the AMV

OK this is a RUSHED.... AMV... this is why u dont want to rush AMV's

Your Download-Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/8634578/GUNDAM_.wmv.html

post here with comits for just PM me...

AMV-making

The video quality was kinda bad. Also, no offence, but the music and video didn't go together. I know it's your first but im just pointing it out so you can get better.

AMV-making

I have some very good suggestions for your guide, and I hope you take them to heart. You can thank me later:

1) Learn how to make AMVs that don't suck before you write a guide.
    2) Write the guide in your native language and have someone that knows English translate it properly. If English is in fact your native language, I suggest getting someone over the age of 5 to help you write it.

As for your Kenshin AMV (I can't get the Gundam one to download.):

1) Never include subtitles in an AMV. You need to either work around them or use raws as your source. Unless the AMV is some amazing, godlike piece of video editing, I will just close the window if I see subtitles.
    2) The song you used has a lot of potential but you synced almost no video with the song. It has a fast beat, so you should find a way to exploit this to sync it with the video.
    3) You need to cut the scenes up some more. You're staying on one scene for too long, especially for a fast song like that.
    4) Everything in the AMV should contribute to making it better as a whole. It seems like everything in yours was just thrown in. When you want to add a new scene, think to yourself, "How will this make the AMV better?"
    5) The flow of the video is also very important. Yours has zero flow. I can't explain to you how to create a nice, flowing video, but if you want an example of one that I think flows well, download THIS.

AMV-making

yea I've seen my share of amazing AMV's at several cons (Otakon being one of them) and they tell you to NEVER use any download footage. But yea the clips need to be edited in sync with the music properly.

Mage don't be such a dick, atleast he's contributing.

AMV-making

Not to be a dick or anything but your Gundam AMV wasn't very good.

The quality of the footage was to bad and it wasn't synced with the sound at all. The song was decent but it really never got going, also the choices of clips weren't the best either in my opinion as that show got alot of footage that is better.

What kind of program do you use to make amvs?

AMV-making

Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
    yea I've seen my share of amazing AMV's at several cons (Otakon being one of them) and they tell you to NEVER use any download footage. But yea the clips need to be edited in sync with the music properly.

Mage don't be such a dick, atleast he's contributing.
    i wasn't being a dick, he should be honored to get ANY advice from a LEGEND such as myself.

AMV-making

Legend? you mean with AMVs? Why don't post some of your stuff and let us judge if you are good enough to be a dick or not.

AMV-making

not of AMVs. living legend of the internet here folks. some people call me a zero, but im really an internet hero.

AMV-making

"okay".

Being an internet legend isn't that much to brag about, i doubt you are one though.

AMV-making

dont be jealous

AMV-making

How are you going to prove it then.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

AMV-making

I only watched the Rurouni Kenshin one, and I don't think it was very good. Sorry. All you did was put the music over the footage, and transitioned between scenes a few times. No other effects whatsoever.The music didn't seem to fit at all. No timing whatsoever.

Good choice of video though - even though it was a poor quality fansub.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

AMV-making

Originally posted by: mage
    dont be jealous
    Trust me, i'm not.

AMV-making

whell thanks for the tips and sorry it wanst the best in the world..... i guss il take your hints and stop the guide now
    whell thanks fo the truth anyways.....

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar

AMV-making

I've never made a music video myself, so I can't offer very many helpful tips. I know one thing you might want to try is to make the music match the video. This could be done by timing certain actions to the beat (like when Hiko explodes that guy with 3 strikes), or just even adding flashes.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs