Page 111 of 254 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

*insert joke about BoC being the most knowledgeable person he knows*

I can't believe you said that, even if its true. Anyway I could never survive in that kind of situation I'd feel suffocated. I like being around intelligent people. If they're more knowledgeable than I am then even better because then I know that there are things they can teach me. I have an almost uncontrollable desire to absorb any knowledge I can, and I'm a very quick learner so things become too easy all too quickly and then I stop caring and look for the next challenge. It really becomes a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Living in something called Geekhouse by me isn't good. I live with my parents(i'm 17) and i have to fix 3 pcs(mine is clean and i have sys disk img so 5min and its working) on regular basis, configure rounter if my father f***s up its settings, take care of cables, anwsers question about new tech thingy that you dont know shit bout it(my father/mother have the instruction for it - why cant they read it). and i just dare to dont know 'bout it and there is big /b/ like RAGE.I feel like IT service guy mixed up with encyclopedia.
    I find that its not that they can't read and understand its just that they don't bother to when they know they have you to do it for them.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Abdula
    I can't believe you said that, even if its true. Anyway I could never survive in that kind of situation I'd feel suffocated. I like being around intelligent people. If they're more knowledgeable than I am then even better because then I know that there are things they can teach me. I have an almost uncontrollable desire to absorb any knowledge I can, and I'm a very quick learner so things become too easy all too quickly and then I stop caring and look for the next challenge. It really becomes a problem.
    I'm like that too for the most part. I was just replying to Xelbair's rant about being the most computer knowledgeable person in his family and therefore having to keep fixing people's problems.

In general, it's obviously impossible for me to be the most knowledgeable in all fields of knowledge. What I said was purely in the context of computer know-how, and by "everyone I know", I meant everyone I've interact with extensively.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    I'm pretty much the most knowledgeable person I know in real life, and it's not that bad. It gives me the right to condescend people, which I truly love doing.
    Yeah, but tell me there are times when you're tired of condescending people and just want them to F*CK OFF!

Luckily for me, I'm somewhat knowledgeable compared to those I know if real life. But not the the point where they won't believe me if I say "how the hell would I know"

It's sad. I've lost my thirst for knowledge. I'm just kinda drifting through life right now, without any real desire. It really does kinda suck. (yeah, this can count as my bitch).

I guess my goal throughout my earlier years was to graduate with awesome highschool grades. That I did. Now I'm at Uni, in a course I'm not really interested in. I convinced myself to do it because:

1) There's likely to be a high demand for my profession in the future.
    2) The pay is alright/good, depending on many factors
    3) I told myself that I was never interested in schoolwork neither, so circumstances haven't really changed. If I was to choose something I was interested in, I'd be waiting for years without result.

You can say I'm in the "lost your way through life" chapter right now.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Mon, 09-29-2008 at 09:46 AM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Cool, I was watching Chinese (or was it Korean) TV today and the chick did that thing that BoC was bitching about before, where she speaks Chinese (or Korean) interspersed with English words: "Wang dang fang mang sang gang lang Soul Jazz Quartet mang sang wang long dong." I guess there are no words in her language for "soul", "jazz", or "quartet". It really was very annoying, but funny since it reminded of BoC's bitch.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Cool, I was watching Chinese (or was it Korean) TV today and the chick did that thing that BoC was bitching about before, where she speaks Chinese (or Korean) interspersed with English words: "Wang dang fang mang sang gang lang Soul Jazz Quartet mang sang wang long dong." I guess there are no words in her language for "soul", "jazz", or "quartet". It really was very annoying, but funny since it reminded of BoC's bitch.
    I've noticed that I'm starting to do that a little. I'm using a lot more English words in my Chinese than I would like. Frankly, it sounds like I'm incompetent in Chinese, whereas I've actually picked it up somewhere/got into the habit. I'm going to make an effort to stop this.

I thought about starting small buisness of fixing computers(i would put Ads at my school)...but i really don't like fixing pc... especialy if i didin't made system disc image when installing stuff. Also i would have to go to other people houses and fix(witch is the part that i hate the most!) or ask them to take their pc to my house, also i'm kinda out of monitor to work with those pcs(2 are used by my parents, one by me, and tvs are arleady connected to pc and i have such mess near cables so i hate unplugging them). Being IT servisant/encyclopedia would not be bad IF when i say something that they dont agree with(for expample that IE is NOT a safe browser), or discribe how something works(and they think that it works other way) they start saying i don't know anything/i'm wrong and when i start using argumens i get response "Dont argue with me" <- i hate that response the most.

p.s. Guy who set up this tread is awesome!
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Fixing a computer isn't telling them: Hey, you should use this because I think it's better. That's being snide and telling them what you think they need to do. Fixing a computer is just that.. fixing a computer, fixing what's wrong. If it's not broken, don't fix it. They have a right to say they don't want to hear it when what you're telling them isn't a real problem.

Books.. why do they have to be so darn heavy? D:

p.s. Guy who set up this tread is awesome!
    I'm guessing you never read the first 2 posts in this thread then.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

I did once but it was ages ago(i was lurking for more time than i have this account).

as for fixing with telling them to use other soft - well if my father would use FF i would not have to clean his pc every 3-5 days.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I did once but it was ages ago(i was lurking for more time than i have this account).

as for fixing with telling them to use other soft - well if my father would use FF i would not have to clean his pc every 3-5 days.
    You could always get him to use spybot or some other antispyware with immunity functions if he's so stubborn.

I've been seeing these commercials suggesting you visit Korea and they use the only 3 good-looking Korean chicks in the entire country in every one. Sometimes they show some high-class white woman enjoying herself immensely strolling through Seoul, like that's going to fool anyone. Why would anyone want to visit Korea?

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

CNN is running these iReport segments where local yokels in the states weigh in on the economic crisis in the US. Just goes to show why your average US citizens are idiots and should not be allowed to vote or decide on anything. These people are complaining that they are in financial troubles, so why doesn't the government bail them out, instead of bailing out the financial institutions.

Two reasons, dipshits: 1) the financial institutions are in trouble because borrowers like you defaulted on your mortgages and debts, leaving banks and lenders in the red.
    2) saving your dumb self from your financial mismanagement won't help the greater economy, whereas saving major lending institutions and investment banks will keep the economy going and help us out of this mess.

Sigh, CNN just showed interviews with people on the street and most of them have withdrawn their money from their bank accounts and store it at home. My lord, people have no f*cking clue do they.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Wed, 10-01-2008 at 07:54 AM.

If you know a specific bank will go under, it doesn't seem like a wise thing to leave your money there (even though such actions will only accelerate its demise, but that's not any problem of the customer). I don't know how large the deposit insurance is in the USA, but I'm also pretty sure quite a few people don't even know such a thing exists.

Keeping it all at home is pretty funny, though (especially for burglars who will no doubt enjoy such a trend).

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraco
    If you know a specific bank will go under, it doesn't seem like a wise thing to leave your money there (even though such actions will only accelerate its demise, but that's not any problem of the customer). I don't know how large the deposit insurance is in the USA, but I'm also pretty sure quite a few people don't even know such a thing exists.

Keeping it all at home is pretty funny, though (especially for burglars who will no doubt enjoy such a trend).
    FDIC provides $100,000 of deposit insurance per account. As long as your account balances are less than that, you'd be covered either way... just that it may take a couple extra days to extract your money from your failed bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Two reasons, dipshits: 1) the financial institutions are in trouble because borrowers like you defaulted on your mortgages and debts, leaving banks and lenders in the red.
    2) saving your dumb self from your financial mismanagement won't help the greater economy, whereas saving major lending institutions and investment banks will keep the economy going and help us out of this mess.
    It's not just the stupid borrowers. It's also the predatory lenders, outright lies and misinformation presented by loan agents to convince stupid borrowers to borrow more than they could ever pay back, and the horrible mis-rating of these subprime-backed securities that are failing to perform.

I'd rather see an effort to resolve the backing of those bad securities (ie: by turning high-rate subprime mortgages into low fixed-rate mortgages where people can actually pay back their debts) than to see the government pin a bunch of inflation on the entire public to reward the malfeasance of a bunch of bankers.

Leading to my bitch: wall street drops what, 777 points when congress says "yeah, we're not dropping a giant golden egg in your lap"... what the fuck sort of sense of entitlement does the market as a whole have that it thought it was somehow owed that sort of cash infusion?

Also, why do people think companies live or die by their stock prices?.
    Last edited by complich8; Wed, 10-01-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Reply to Kraco:

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts, and leads to economic turmoil such as we have today. A couple people have even been arrested lately for posting hoaxes online saying that one or another bank was about to fail, hoping to incite customers to withdraw their money and actually make the bank fail.

If people don't know about FDIC insurance and the limits covered, they should educate themselves on the subject. It should be a requirement before you even get to open a bank account.

Keeping it at home is counter to economic stability and growth. If banks don't have deposited money to lend out, they have no way to make money beyond fees on accounts. Without lending, their is reduced investment and growth and people can't finance houses or cars. Without investment and growth and consumer spending, things get stagnant and we get recessions. It's a domino effect, started by uninformed citizens. From the interviews done by CNN, there are many many uninformed people in the US.

Of course, this could have been CNN's agenda, demonstrating how dumb people are about the economy, to prove a point.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Wed, 10-01-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    It's not just the stupid borrowers. It's also the predatory lenders, outright lies and misinformation presented by loan agents to convince stupid borrowers to borrow more than they could ever pay back, and the horrible mis-rating of these subprime-backed securities that are failing to perform.

I'd rather see an effort to resolve the backing of those bad securities (ie: by turning high-rate subprime mortgages into low fixed-rate mortgages where people can actually pay back their debts) than to see the government pin a bunch of inflation on the entire public to reward the malfeasance of a bunch of bankers.
    The lenders are at fault but not so much as the stupid borrowers. People should know their limits, but they always try to live above their means. If you make $3k/mo, no amount of smooth-talk from a lender should convince you that you can afford a $2k/mo mortgage.

I also agree that the lenders should be punished for their part in this mess, while making it possible for borrowers to keep their homes and their credit records by giving them a way to pay their debts. I did not mean to suggest I support the Bush bail out plan, which is typical hind-sighted policy-making of his presidency.

Problem is that if consumers are to do the right thing, so to speak, they're gambling on a significant number of other people doing it as well. No one in their right mind (oh, such irony) would weight their life's fortune with their minute (powerful in numbers, but minute nonetheless) efforts to reverse the trend.

That's why we need institutions like the central banks and governments who's goal is to look at the bigger picture, and enough cash to actually have an effect on it's own.

The idea of saving your own hide and let someone else take the risk is a reasonable decision, despite its contradictory results.

Edit: is it true to say the USA's been hit the hardest?

Leading to my bitch: wall street drops what, 777 points when congress says "yeah, we're not dropping a giant golden egg in your lap"... what the fuck sort of sense of entitlement does the market as a whole have that it thought it was somehow owed that sort of cash infusion?
    Well I don't think it's so much that as it is investors becoming more uneasy about leaving their money in the market without assurances that the government will help to get the economy healthy. Once a second round of talks was initiated, the stock market rebounded, as investors gained some confidence that a bailout was still possible. Plus with the drop in stock prices, bargain hunters bought back in.

My bitch: a great day on a boat yesterday yields sunburn all over my arms and legs today. Quite painful to move, but at least I can still type

I think there's been a proposal (if it hasn't been enacted yet), to increase the FDIC insurance limit, to encourage people to keep their accounts.
    First of all, the whole thing started by the Clinton administration, who urged banks to offer sub-primes to the lower-class families so they can afford to own homes.

There are a lot of arguments that suggest inflation would be far worse without the bailout plan: mostly because of the effect the crisis trickling down to businesses in many irrelevant sectors. If left alone, the situation is supposed to be a soft recession at best or a soft depression at worst.

Also, why do people think companies live or die by their stock prices?.
    Both sides for and against the bailout argue for the best interest of the tax-payer, rather than the banks. Everyone seems to be in agreement that the bank execs with "golden parachutes" are the source of the problem.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    I think there's been a proposal (if it hasn't been enacted yet), to increase the FDIC insurance limit, to encourage people to keep their accounts.
    Right, it's part of the current legislation and seems to be the part both parties are touting the most as a sign of the bill's progressiveness and benefit to the taxpayers.

The problem is, and hopefully I'm not generalizing too much, but most middle income people don't have that much in the bank in the first place, so increasing from $100k to $250k won't help them since they're already safely under the limit. It will help small businesses though.

But these middle income folks don't even know of the FDIC protection so they're rushing to remove their money from banks to protect from loss. At $100k or $250k guarantees, the uninformed person will withdraw their money in a panic anyway, undermining the entire system.