Page 112 of 253 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Cool, I was watching Chinese (or was it Korean) TV today and the chick did that thing that BoC was bitching about before, where she speaks Chinese (or Korean) interspersed with English words: "Wang dang fang mang sang gang lang Soul Jazz Quartet mang sang wang long dong." I guess there are no words in her language for "soul", "jazz", or "quartet". It really was very annoying, but funny since it reminded of BoC's bitch.
    Nice...

"Soul Jazz Quartet" is somewhat understandable since there probably isn't a Chinese equivalent term. I only focus on the instances where they deliberately substitute English words into sentences when there are Chinese equivalents.

Words such as: manager, expensive, bus, hair.

In essence, the sentence would sound something like, "Wang dang fang mang hair gang lang manager mang sang wang long dong."

oic, then I haven't seen much of that phenomenon on Asian TV, so it's not been bad. Are there really no words in Chinese for "soul", "jazz", and "quartet"? Maybe not all strung together as a concept, but individual words?

I miss cable TV in the US. When visiting Asian countries, the hotels only have 10-15 channels, and your choices in English are soccer coverage, CNN, BBC, and Discovery channel. I dearly miss Food Network, G4, Spike, TNT, FOX, and all the other ways to kill time on the boob tube.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    oic, then I haven't seen much of that phenomenon on Asian TV, so it's not been bad. Are there really no words in Chinese for "soul", "jazz", and "quartet"? Maybe not all strung together as a concept, but individual words?
    There would be individual words, but they're so rarely used no one will understand you. You also have the problem of having different Chinese equivalents depending on location: Hong Kong, Taiwan and Mainland can vary. Examples are things like wireless router and server.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

oic, then I haven't seen much of that phenomenon on Asian TV, so it's not been bad.
    That's understandable since this is TV, and the intended audience probably doesn't speak English. This behavior is only prevalent among Chinese fobs who just moved away from the motherland and think that mixing English into their sentences makes them less fobby.

Irony at its best.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    This behavior is only prevalent among Chinese fobs who just moved away from the motherland and think that mixing English into their sentences makes them less fobby.

Irony at its best.
    Or when foreign borns come back with half learned Chinese. It's not as bad though since they're not choosing to do it.

It's actually becoming more and more prevalent even in the young domestic demographic. In Hong Kong at least.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

cut my left hand open and got like 6 stitches. go me.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The big question here is, of course, that did it make you feel stronger since it didn't kill you?

nah....on the contrary, it made me feel more mortal, because i never injure myself and now I'm lucky I didn't damage any tendons.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Sounds painful. What were you doing?
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    nah....on the contrary, it made me feel more mortal, because i never injure myself and now I'm lucky I didn't damage any tendons.
    Aww darn...

I fucking hate mosquitos.

Quote Originally Posted by animus
    I fucking hate mosquitos.
    Amen.

I hate those things so much, we should kill them all. Even if it means completely fucking up the ecosystem.

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Psyke
    Sounds painful. What were you doing?
    climbing a wire fence to go play ultimate frisbee.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

a month after the school year started, and after having four horrible nightmares about school, I'm back at a studying routine!

I'm going to take a higher level math test, before the SATa test and all other stuff.

but god-dammit, this shit is expensive, I never thought I'd have so much for something I got in Highschool for free.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    community college my friend.... community college...

Do they have those in Israel ? I'm almost finished w\ my Associates degree but I have to drop a class i was planning on taking because there is no way i can do 3 classes at once while working fulltime and playing WoW on the side.

which means in the spring I will need to take 2 classes to complete my degree.

Bitching related to school :

Why do people post 'level 1' or 'entry level' or 'junior' job positions and then when you go and read the information on it they want a bachelors degree + 3-5 years experience... LOL i really hope if somebody has a 4 year degree and 5 years experience they're getting a higher paying job.

not in that level of academic studying yet, at least for now.

all I'm doing is taking highschool math again, it's 8 weekly hours, until 2009, it's not even admission exam for higher education.

I hope that the nightmares will stop, seriously. I need to get my shit together. I can't even set up an alarming clock without having a dream about not waking up for it.

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Wow I've had dreams like that back when I was in school. Even when I thought about returning to school a couple years ago, I'd have dreams that I was skipping classes and failing them. I've also dreamed about turning off my alarm clock and being late for stuff. Hopefully I can get over any anxiety when I actually return to school in Fall 09.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    climbing a wire fence to go play ultimate frisbee.
    seriously
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Don't be racist, Abdula
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    so...i went to go to lunch today like every day. Put the key in the ignition of my car ( 2005 honda civic ) and.... it wont turn. It wont turn back... forward... or come out. spent like 5-10 minutes messing w\ it... called honda, did a few things they suggested and nothing

got my coworker to help me some since he's experienced in honda service and he wasn't able to do anything. So now i'm waiting on the tow truck to come pick up my car and take it a whole 2-3 blocks to the honda dealership for $100-150.

Worst case scenario is going to have me paying lots and lots of money i'd rather not spend on my crappy car. a new key alone is $100

So i didn't get to goto lunch and had to resort to eating a vending machine cinnamon roll for sustinance.

upside to this is that i just got paid yesterday... downside is i already paid rent and the repairs might cost more then i got paid all together