Page 50 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 5064

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    So, two months ago (3-22) my car is stolen... no full coverage insurance, so i'm out $5000 and a car. Save more money.. save more money.. find a pretty good deal and buy the nicest thing i have ever owned in my life, a royal blue 2005 honda civic. I got this car on friday, full coverage insurance right away in case it does get stolen..

So, last night. i get home from 10 hours of work and have now had my car for a little more than 48 hours. I get some dinner, and am eating and watching one piece at my computer in the front room and there is this huge crash.

i jump up, run outside and see this car backing up from next to my car and then it proceeds to drive away down the street.....(it was a 96-97 accord.. same as the one i had stolen) my brand new car is up on my curb, the right front wheel all jacked up axel maybe broken... front fender is torn up bumper torn up, hood torn up..... omfg i dont even know what to think at this point...

this morning i woke up and was thinking about it and grabbed the digital camera and walked down my street because i know the people at the end of the street own an accord that is that body style... and sure enough, those bastards have the car in their driveway pulled all the way up so that you cant see the right front side of it if you just were driving by, and the piece of bumper and blinker light that i have at my house from their car is sure enough missing from their car.... so i take pictures and call the police back... *sigh* such a huge hassle, now hopefully they will have insurance and save me 500-600 $

Quote Originally Posted by bbaucom
    this morning i woke up and was thinking about it and grabbed the digital camera and walked down my street because i know the people at the end of the street own an accord that is that body style... and sure enough, those bastards have the car in their driveway pulled all the way up so that you cant see the right front side of it if you just were driving by, and the piece of bumper and blinker light that i have at my house from their car is sure enough missing from their car.... so i take pictures and call the police back... *sigh* such a huge hassle, now hopefully they will have insurance and save me 500-600 $
    Nice detective work!

You know, you can cover yourself from uninsured motorists for like, $20 extra added to your insurance plan.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Talk about bastards... at least you found them, and it wasn't some random drunk that just happened to pass nearby.

Not really something that can affect me, but nevertheless...

I hate that the USA goverment is listing my town as high risky, and is advising to not visit.
    Why? There were 6 more policemen murdered this weekend, and 2 that survived their attacks, bringing the number up to 70 in less than 5 months.

But... most of them are being linked to the narcotrafico (whatever you guys call it) or organized crime. So far only 2 innocent have died because they were near a policeman that got attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    Talk about bastards... at least you found them, and it wasn't some random drunk that just happened to pass nearby.

Not really something that can affect me, but nevertheless...

I hate that the USA goverment is listing my town as high risky, and is advising to not visit.
    Why? There were 6 more policemen murdered this weekend, and 2 that survived their attacks, bringing the number up to 70 in less than 5 months.
    So you're saying the 6 that were murdered were because the US listed your town as a high risk?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

No no...
    I meant to say that everytime they are several murders together, 7 counting today's, the USA goverment lists Nuevo Leon (my state) as high risky, and advises USA-citizens to not come here.

This is the 3rd time this year they have made this announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell
    No no...
    I meant to say that everytime they are several murders together, 7 counting today's, the USA goverment lists Nuevo Leon (my state) as high risky, and advises USA-citizens to not come here.

This is the 3rd time this year they have made this announcement.
    Yeah...and every time someone mentions a bomb at an airport anywhere in the world, I have to arrive for my flight 20 minutes earlier than before.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

A new bitching I forgot to post earlier.

We are changing buildings. All of Technology Information department is. But us, Testing, along another 2 areas, were ordered to remain behind for an extra week.

The moving was taking place this past weekend, except for us that is.

The boss of the boss of my boss (above him only 2 more) gave this order for us to remain behind, thus he ordered our equipment to not be moved.

To be on the safe side of this... we were ordered to print a message stating "Do not move" and stick it to our computers.

Saturday, we were going to work at 3pm, remotely. So I try to sign in and find myself unable to do so.

I phoned my boss, and she sounded somewhat angry. She told me that they had taken my computer, alongside 2 more to the new building, and that her boss was very mad.

After insulting the guys that took the computers, they brought them back, and I couldn't start working until 5pm.

Didn't they learn to read? Pre-reports, emails and printed messages... yet they took the computer away.

Fortunately mine was brought back. A coworker didn't get his back, they sent another one by mistake (how rare...). They refused to change it back again. So they got yelled again.

Today they told him they were going to return him his pc until after lunch. Once again, they got yelled because the computer they brought by mistake was a server, and it was needed at the new building.

So they come and change computers... but were going to leave one of the old big monitors (tv like... whatever you call it...) instead of the flat lcd one we all have. They get yelled again.

An hour ago my telephone line was cut, because they had activated it at the new building. A new yelling for them.

Geez....
    Exasperating... but yet funny as hell.Seriously... what the fuck??

More bitching about my car...

the insurance guy i have helped me out and got my deductibles right so its only $500 for me to pay...

But still, i dont even want the car anymore. I signed to pay over 48 months and my first payment is due the first week of july. I talked to the guy who is going to fix it earlier and he said around $4,000 worth of damage. which also means that if i goto sell my car its not going to be worth close to as much. omfg, so frustrated.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    My gpu fan started failing, and I'm now faced with a bad choice. Do I (a) order a new fan now, knowing that unless I spend like $25 to ship it, it probably won't get here before I move out. Or (b) go to best buy and overpay for substantially less of a video card to play it safe. Or (c) start powering my computer off when I leave/go to bed. Or (d) underclock the gpu/memory as far down as they'll go and hope the fan doesn't completely sieze up before I've moved into the new place and settled in enough to order a new gpu cooler and get it.

Right now I'm leaning towards D, combined with not playing pc games until I've got the new cooler.

Can't you go and buy a new fan locally from some computer shop? Considering that 25 dollars shipment cost, you would have a good marginal to get it for a reasonable price, since you wouldn't be paying for shipping. Well, assuming it's not a special component not available anywhere but from the net store you had in mind, of course.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    There's like two local computer shops, and neither of them carries that sort of stuff. The closest place that would carry what I need is probably Fry's down in indy (about 65 miles). Since I don't have a car, that's definitely not gonna fly.

I think with it underclocked and blown out, it's keeping things cool enough that I should be ok for a while. So I'm just going to hold off, and hopefully replace the fan the first week in June.

I had a gpu fan *melt* off my video card last summer, and temporarily compensated for it with one of those generic PCI fans you just rig below the AGP slot.

Seemed to work fairly well.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

The card i was using in my computer that stays on 24/7 finally decided a month or so ago that it didn't want to work anymore. I was working on getting a new motherboard in the case and i noticed the normally noisy fan wasn't going at all. Then I smelled some lovely burning smell. So yes, don't you just love old, dead, computer parts.

Ok new bitching from me... yes, i bitch alot. So if you read back a page or 2 in the thread you'll see my previous bitching about the hit and run on my 2 day old car, which is still in the shop.

So, today after a long day i get home and am already aggravated by stress and a headache, and then my mom tells me "they repaired that car!"

So, again im off.... digital camera in hand and i walk to the end of the street and take pictures of these peoples car that they have quickly fixed totally replacing the fender and front bumper to try to hide the fact that they hit my car... they will be surprised when i show them all the pictures i have of their wrecked car. Anyhow... the police told me not to go over there, so i didn't. And when i call the police, they tell me i have to have the original police officer handle it and he just so happens to not work until friday. WTF /
    The police obviously dont care, and i am the only person who has done any work.... not only did i find the car, but i have the whole thing documented but i have yet to get ahold of the only police officer they are telling me can help me.. OMFG.

and if they can afford to try to hide the damage to their car surely they can pay me for what they owe me. In the event that they're not insured i have decided that $4000 is a fair amount of money, for my first months car payment since i haven't driven it but for a day, first month insurance, lost value on my car, and for 'pain and suffering' for having to waste time taking the bus and or walking everywhere when i should have my brand new car.

That is their car, and this is my car :
    Last edited by itadakimasu; Wed, 05-30-2007 at 08:03 PM.

Damn I can relate to car crashing! It sucks man

I am never happy and I am always yearning for something different and its pissing me off[wont get in to details].. I need love?

You need to stop convincing yourself that your life is incomplete without X, Y or Z. If you REALLY wanted something, you'd go out and get it. If not, you've already accepted what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket
    You need to stop convincing yourself that your life is incomplete without X, Y or Z. If you REALLY wanted something, you'd go out and get it. If not, you've already accepted what you have.

If only life was as simple as WANTING it enough huh?

Currently at the office. Been here since 3:30am.
    My bitch?
    A system failed. And the only guy that could fix it didn't come. They called him and his son didn't want to give his cellphone number.
    Boss got somewhat mad (with that guy).
    Somebody else is currently helping us.

I'm about to bitch about my dad's family. Why can't they be sensible like him?

Starting with my grandmother and her personal crusade to make me see the error of my ways and make me believe in Jesus almighty and the virgin Mary. I should live like the Church, she tells me... how?, I ask. Surrounded by riches? She got angry.
    Why can't you understand I'm not catholic and I'll NEVER EVER be, bitch?? Not even your sons are catholic because you scared them away from the church!!

Oh and my uncles. Here's a conversation by them:

1: Money money new car hah hah, money taxes?
    2: New car? Taxes! Money money I stole from the treasury lol money money.
    1: LOL money, faked the exports and pocketed the taxes, money new car money.
    Me&Dad: ....T_T

Superficial sons of bitches. Well, of one bitch, who thaught them to behave like the church. Now that's lol.

And now one by my cousin!!
    Female cousin: "And, like, this guy tried to pay with a twenty-dollar bill, and like, the guy at the bar, tore it off and then burned it!! And then, like, he tried to pay with another twenty, and the guy burned it again!! It was SO awesome! Like, until he used a fifty, he couldn't pay."
    Me: T_T
    Male Cousin: "Yes, that guy is cool. I invited him a drink, even though I hate his guts, but I got to sit at the VIP table because of that."

I can't fucking wait 'till I?m mature enough to let go of society and join a Buddhist monastery.

無理してここまでやってきて これからもすっと同じだろう
    それでも何かを信じたい 心の奥の声

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Dancer
    Female cousin: "And, like, this guy tried to pay with a twenty-dollar bill, and like, the guy at the bar, tore it off and then burned it!! And then, like, he tried to pay with another twenty, and the guy burned it again!! It was SO awesome! Like, until he used a fifty, he couldn't pay."
    For some reason "awesome" was not the first word that came into my mind when I read that...

I know I wouldn't understand people like that any more than you do. Fortunately I don't have relatives like that, though.