Page 62 of 253 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    yeah, parallelism is definitely a win on that. Start one uninstall, then another, then another ... etc.

Also, you might consider just dropping the whole installation dvd into a network share, and installing via the network. Particularly if you've got gigabit...

so my friend hosted a bbq today. five other friends confirmed that they were going to come. the bbq time was supposed to be at 4 pm. i went there at 6:30 pm and no one had shown up yet. waited for four hours, and still no one showed up. we left messages on people's phones, and no one called back. finally at 10:30 pm i decided to leave. i can't decide whether to be really mad at my friends for being such jerks, or to let it go because i like them so much. it's not like any one of them to do something like this.

Wait a minute here, you decided to go at 6:30 when it was supposed to be at 4? If i were the guy hosting it i would be plenty mad. It is real bad manners to arrive 2 and a half hours late. It's even worse from your other so called friends to not show up or call or anything.

I have an advice for your friend hosting it though, get new real friends that shows respect.

no, well, the earliest possible time was 4, but since it was just a small, casual thing and people were working and such, the host said that we could come any time after 4, be it 5 or 6 or 7or whenever. two people cancelled, one took sleep medication and accidentally slept through it all, and the other two are still unaccounted for.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    well i'm glad i bought myself a psp this past weekend because my birthday has gone to shit

and what do i get this year for my birthday? well ... because i somehow managed to lose my only car key... i get to have my car towed and have a new key made. That is my birthday present. i would say life sucks but then i realise that alot of people dont even have cars.... what fucking luck i have with cars... *life sucks right now.

It can suck to be the first one at the party....which usually happens if you show up right when the party is supposed to start.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssertnFailure
    It can suck to be the first one at the party....which usually happens if you show up right when the party is supposed to start.
    I've been there, being a pretty punctual person. It's especially awkward if the host is just an acquaintance, and your other friends aren't showing up until later. I usually budget to arrive 30-60 minutes after the official party 'start time'. It gives a bit of time for the party to start, but isn't insulting to the host, and people don't start wondering where you are.

When I myself am hosting a party though.....I hate it when people arrive really late. But, I've gotten around that due to the fact that people who come late to pie parties don't end up getting any pie, cause it's all been eaten. It's the people who come early that end up getting the first choice of pie out of the oven. It's surprisingly effective for getting people to arrive on time.

Annoyance of the moment would be... my apartment's toilet has been on a constant run since we moved in here. A little drip is no major problem and almost 2 years later we finally get the caretaker to fix it. Oh he fixed it alright... the new pump keeps hissing rather loudly at random every so often so it freaks you the hell out when you don't even know it's been "fixed" getting home from work and you're standing in the bathroom when the toilet starts making growls at you lol. That... and you have to keep the back part open to manually stop the water from rising by nudging it or it'll overflow. Caretaker better get his butt back here tomorrow...
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

My schedule for school is totally fucked :/.. I just dropped a science class I don't need.. and a music credit.. so now I'm a part time student unless I get into the classes on my waitlist lol..

It really irritates me when people don't answer to your emails promptly. For my next term, I'm sharing this place with another guy whom I've never met before. I emailed him on Monday about some fairly important issues. Guess what? It's Wednesday now and still no reply. He's moving in on Saturday and I'm moving on Sunday.

WHY THE HELL DO YOU EVEN HAVE AN ACCOUNT IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO CHECK FOR NEW MAIL?

That almost happened to me, I had not yet learned to check my university email and my roommate had emailed me like 5 minutes earlier. If I had not checked then I would have missed it for probably a week.

Oh and on the bitchy side, FUCK 8 A.M. CLASSES..... that is all.

My address (not email but the physical) seems to be cursed, what comes to anything being shipped from the USA to here. Four parcels/letters sent by a buddy living in the USA and only the first ever got here (that at least is good seeing how it contained stuff worth 200 euros). The other three wouldn't have been anything that expensive but it's still seriously pissing me off. Are we still living some bloody 17th century with pirates sinking ships carrying the post or what?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    held up at customs maybe?

Then it would be the American customs, but even then I wouldn't know why. The one that did manage to get here was certainly stopped at customs at this end and I had to go there to open it for them to check for whatever they hoped to find, but nothing like that has happened with the rest of them. I never got any notes to come and get them. So, I can only assume some link in the chain though there was too much weight to carry...

Me and my band was supposed to finish up recordings for our debut release tomorrow but due to various circumstances we have to wait even longer. Goddamnit! Feels like an eternal delay! And that's my bitching for the day. Also I'm unemployed again lulz.

I'm still sick. That's my issue of the night. Not much of one but one worth complaining about if my head doesn't stop pounding >.<
    ~The imprint is always there... Nothing is ever really forgotten...~
    ~Seduce my mind, and you can have my body
    Find my soul, and I'll be yours forever...~
    ~Signature made by Deadfire~

Two bitches today...

1) Stupid woman with a cellphone didn't stop in a red light and crashed me from behind about 2 weeks ago...

2) Bought Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on ebay two months ago. Game never arrived. Ebay states to wait about 40 days to start disputes. Waited that time. Seller states I took to long to ask, but I had asked her about 4 times already. Seller offered to refund only shipment, so I escalated it to ebay. Bleh...

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I love ebay, but at the same time they suck when it comes to small dollar purchases like that. They may be able to get your money back... but they will take $25 of it to "process" so that leaves you with barely anything. I got ripped off for $30 and got $5 back... thats weak sauce.

anyhow onto my bitching... Relationships. I know there is a relationship thread but damnit, i'm here to bitch. My girlfriend of 8 months and I just aren't doing too good. most of it is my fault but like, today... she has class until 4:15, i get done working @ 4:30. if i meet up with her, that means that i'm spending an extra hour and a half in my car driving when i have been up all day and just want to go home. she did this same thing this past thursday... i wanted to go home but then she waits for me and then im obligated to spend the next hour and a half in traffic taking her home, then 30 miles the opposite way to get to my house. I met another girl that i like alot, but i know that we could never have a relationship... I know that i am an asshole and that i do alot of things that negatively effect my girlfriend. *argh*

relationships are such bullshit. whenever i'm single i feel that i need a girlfriend, but when i have one i start to think that maybe i really didn't need one. at least not anything clingy. idk, i dont want to rant too much longer. RAWWWWWWWWWWWWR

You just want unattached sex like most men. Men form a bond before sleeping with someone(Usually.. I don;t have the graph with me.. but it is something like that). Women on the other hand form a bond after sleeping with someone.

My rant of the day is... Waitlists.. GOD DAMN YOU FUCKING WAITLISTS AT UMBC COULD YOU BE ANYMORE USELESS!?

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbaucom
    anyhow onto my bitching... Relationships.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs