Page 101 of 253 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    My bitch:

Out of nowhere, a developed a cyst on the inside of my mouth, in front of my second left incisor. It's grown to big that it get caught whenever I try to eat now. The doctor's given my some ointment/cream to put on it for a week. If it settles down and goes away by itself I'd be grateful. If not, then I'll have to do surgery and get it cut off.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Ointment for the inside of your mouth? I wonder how you're going to keep from ingesting it and getting poisoned.

I used to bite the inside of my cheek, until the one time I cut it open good and it got infected. It pussed up and for two weeks everytime I swallowed I sucked down some pus too. It was gross but didn't taste half bad.. It eventually healed up on its own.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Pantene shampoo gave me three sebaceous cysts on my scalp in college. One of them was small and dissolved away over 3 or 4 months after I switched to another shampoo. Another one was easy to see popping out of the top of my hair right near the front of my head, and I ended up excavating it with an xacto knife and some tweezers. It was pretty gross, with a leathery fluid sac about 3/4 of an inch in diameter.

I still have the third one, on the back of my head buried in my hair. I think it's been getting smaller very slowly for the last 4 or 5 years, so I'm hoping it is slowly dissolving too... but who knows? Good reason to keep long hair though.

I just got my insurance card for my new job yesterday. First time I've been insured in like 6 years. Thinking of finding a pcp and asking about removal options.

I'll soon be without health insurance for the first time in almost 10 years and I'm nervous about it. Not that I'm accident prone or injury prone, but Murphy's law kicks in at the worst times in my life.

If the cyst on the back of your head is a pre-existing condition, will your new insurance policy cover its removal? Cysts suck.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Work sucks right now.... very badly.

i've been helping all the remote users for the past 6 months w\ any problems they've had and have done a good job of it, most problems being connection related... if you cant use your cell phone because there is no signal, how are you going to vpn in and remote desktop w\ that same lack of connection?

anyhow... i got an email last week that they were bringing in a ''consultant'' to look at our problems which this was caused by the one girl last week not being able to connect...

she sent emails whining to other people before calling me, then she called me and we got her going... then later i get this email that she had sent that then got forwarded to 3-4 other people including the owner and then the talk of this ''consultant''

I started revamping my resume shortly after that... kind of feel both insulted and un-needed.

the frustration is also compounded w\ the purchase of a shitty made in china camera set of uber low quality and then i get somehow volunteered to set up said shitty camera system which has a range of maybe 20 feet (wireless) i dont even think its 802.11 wireless... i think its 1980's - 1990's RF wireless. www.x10.com.... seriously, goto the site... why would you buy anything from such a crappy website.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Windows won't start on my laptop, which I basically live off of right now.

There's either something wrong with Windows, or the hard drive itself. Fuck.

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    If the cyst on the back of your head is a pre-existing condition, will your new insurance policy cover its removal? Cysts suck.
    Pre-existing condition only applies if you've seen a doctor about it in the last six months before you enrolled for insurance (source!). Since I haven't seen a doctor at all in like ... 4 years, I don't have any of those! OTOH, if I had just been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer, and saw a doctor 2 months ago to get diagnosed, they'd be able to reject my claims for that expensive but life-saving chemo, surgery and radiation therapy until 6 months had passed.

Oh, and new bitching for the day: Virt-manager. It's a redhat tool to manage xen virtual machines, and for some reason it's being a giant raging bitch to me today. I'm giving up and going home, because after hammering on it for 4 hours, I got it to work once, and then when I took the same steps to recreate the success, it failed.

The last two days have been particularly frustrating at work... between bad kickstart scripts and bad install cds and bad media and failing disks and failing memory and giant purchasing runarounds, and now this unreliable xen stuff. I feel like I've accomplished nothing so far this week, because of all the dead ends I keep hitting.

Why couldn't Kojima put a "Restart From Last Checkpoint" option into MGS4?

That's all I'm bitching about these days.

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I've got more to bitch about, too!

I got my new basically whole computer yesterday. Set it up, installed windows, updated, no problems all around. In fact, things seemed to be going just a little ... too well.

Then I installed SupCom to see how the performance was (sort of as a baseline to compare to my old system), and the system started randomly hanging for a couple seconds at a time. After some debug work, ended up checking the system event log, and found out that, of all things, the brand-freaking-new hard drive is bad.

Yeah, how great is that? Seriously.

Been over 3 months and one of my clients still owes me $1800
    Been over 1 month and another client owes me $7500

Getting kinda pissed off.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Quote Originally Posted by complich8
    Yeah, how great is that? Seriously.
    I always recommend you buy Western Digital for primary drives (it's not a Western Digital drive that failed I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by Assertn
    Been over 3 months and one of my clients still owes me $1800
    Been over 1 month and another client owes me $7500

Getting kinda pissed off.
    You should code a backdoor into all of your programs so you can kill the applet in event of nonpayment. Unless there are legal repercussions for doing this?

Benevolent Dictator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    I always recommend you buy Western Digital for primary drives (it's not a Western Digital drive that failed I hope).
    Yes. Yes it is a western digital drive.

Must have been user error then .

My bitch today is about console games ported to PC. Why do companies make so little effort when porting a game? I'm playing Assassin's Creed on the PC with a mouse and keyboard and the controls are obnoxiously unintuitive and sometimes wonky. I don't even like this game enough to splurge on the $20 microsoft wireless receiver that would let me use an xbox360 controller on the PC. I just don't think it's worth it.

its the same with GoW pc, not only is the game riddled with crashing bugs, the game actually plays tons better with my wired controller, i didn't even try assassin's creed with mouse and keyboard, but it played pretty darn perfect with the controller.

Plus the controller is also pretty great for grid, and a lot of other games i tried it with, it even played pretty well with crysis.
    Maybe you should just get the wireless receiver, kinda for future games or so, i know at least assassin's creed will play a whole lot better.
    -----------------

My mini-donuts got stuck in the vending machine again.

The only reason I even buy stuff from vending machines anymore is so I can feel like I live in Tokyo.

I want to buy a MacBook Pro but my budget doesn't allow it now. Too many quarters lost to evil vending machinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    My mini-donuts got stuck in the vending machine again.

The only reason I even buy stuff from vending machines anymore is so I can feel like I live in Tokyo.

I want to buy a MacBook Pro but my budget doesn't allow it now. Too many quarters lost to evil vending machinese.
    How much could you have possibly lost to these "evil vending machines"?

Apparently somewhere in the neighborhood of $2000, looks like someone hasn't learned their lesson.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

You guys don't get it.

I'm eating for two, and I can tell the father is going to be absent.

*Cries*

Um okay, but what does that have to do with a Macbook. The donuts I get, if you are indeed "eating for two" I hate euphemisms.
    Dreaming impossible dreams.
    Sapphire is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    You guys don't get it.

I'm eating for two, and I can tell the father is going to be absent.

*Cries*
    Say what?