Page 13 of 253 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bitching Thread

the bitching thread

wtf? I cut myself with a pencil... I didn't even know that was possible! I used to think that flipping your pencil was a risk-free activity, but I guess it isn't.

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

the bitching thread

Originally posted by: God#2
    Lolz everyone. For me, I dont have to try at school. 8th grade is easy as shit. Highschool is going to be a bitch though. *Sigh* OOooooooh wellll.
    Ha, 8th grade!

the bitching thread

Originally posted by: Mr Squiggles
    Lolz everyone. For me, I dont have to try at school. 8th grade is easy as shit. Highschool is going to be a bitch though. *Sigh* OOooooooh wellll.
    HAHAHAHAHA! Having to try at High School.... good one.
    Trying at high school is for suckers(or poor test takers).
    I slept through high school, and relied on my SATs to get me through. Which they did, my grades were pretty bad compared to the people I was in college with. Sigh... too bad I heard they added(or were thinking of adding) some writing part to the SATs. Thats gonna suck.

"Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help."

the bitching thread

The only problem with coasting through high school is that you develop a terrible work ethic. I'm graduating this year and I've gotten lazier and lazier in each of the past 4 years. Yes, I have a 90+ average without doing jack shit, but it certainly won't be like that once I hit university this September. I was a pretty hard worker until high school started because it didn't turn out to be a challenge at all, like I expected going in. Damn, university will be a pain in the ass for me if it's as tough as everyone says, no matter how big of a genius I am...

the bitching thread

Yeah, while in high school you just need common sense to pass, now In university I actually have to study and work hard, I really hate it. Back in high school I'd do all my homework during lunch, or the class before. On an other note though, I did some computer science in High school, and so when I took the begginner one last semester in univ, I already knew 3/4 of the stuff, and in university, they dont care if you sleep during the lecture [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Well, the big lectures anyways...

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar

the bitching thread

Your work ethic in Universitys just get worse since professors don't really even give a shit if you're present for their class or not
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

the bitching thread

Well that's not good...

the bitching thread

Originally posted by: The Heretic Azazel
    Your work ethic in Universitys just get worse since professors don't really even give a shit if you're present for their class or not
    that was the opposite case for me.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar

the bitching thread

I guess it varies, most everyone I've ever known though havent been that concerned with their attendance, as long as they keep up with the assignments.
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

the bitching thread

oh, well attendance != work ethic
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

the bitching thread

So your saying pplz dont have to try even in High School? YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

On a side note, I just took the SATs and the new ones (out of 2400) I think are alot harder than the old ones (out of 1600). The math is still uber easy, but the english......meh.......The essay was actually the easiest part, except for that I didnt get to finish it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. (They only gave us 25 min for AN ESSAY!)I bet I got like a 1500/1600 put of 2400.

@Erofan:what score did you get?

I hate standardized tests. I just cant take 'em.

the bitching thread

Heh, Canada doesn't have SATs, although that's neither good or bad.

Good: no big competitive test to take that pretty much decides your university
    Bad: everything is based on grade 12 average, and a lot of people have very similar averages making it still very competitive unless you have serious mental issues (i.e. 99% avg)

the bitching thread

So your saying pplz dont have to try even in High School? YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

On a side note, I just took the SATs and the new ones (out of 2400) I think are alot harder than the old ones (out of 1600). The math is still uber easy, but the english......meh.......The essay was actually the easiest part, except for that I didnt get to finish it [img][/img]. (They only gave us 25 min for AN ESSAY!)I bet I got like a 1500/1600 put of 2400.

What grade you in???? i thought that you were like 15 or 14 ????
    well that highschool thing is what im doing in Midle School right now, just coasting, thats why i hate school its not that challenging but then if it were challenging i just wouldnt do it cuz im really lazy

I'm official.

the bitching thread

On a side note, I just took the SATs and the new ones (out of 2400) I think are alot harder than the old ones (out of 1600). The math is still uber easy, but the english......meh.......The essay was actually the easiest part, except for that I didnt get to finish it. (They only gave us 25 min for AN ESSAY!)I bet I got like a 1500/1600 put of 2400.

I got a 1310 out of 1600. And I should have done better, but I suck at the verbal section.

Yes, I never tried in High school, but I never found it hard to concentrate and study in college. Guess I got lucky on that part. Just gotta stay relaxed. Your first instinctual answer is usually the right one.

the bitching thread

Ya. Your right. Last year I got a shitty score of 960/1600. OOOooohh, I really got to work on that.

@Zinobi: Im in 8th grade. But starting from 7th grade if you do good on the standardized tests in school JohnsHopkins lets certain kids take the SATs every year. And they dont count of course. You, know, the CTY talent search? You probably dont have it since you live in Oregon. Johns Hopkins of course is all the way here on the east coast.

the bitching thread

Ya. Your right. Last year I got a shitty score of 960/1600. OOOooohh, I really got to work on that.

@Zinobi: Im in 8th grade. But starting from 7th grade if you do good on the standardized tests in school JohnsHopkins lets certain kids take the SATs every year. And they dont count of course. You, know, the CTY talent search? You probably dont have it since you live in Oregon. Johns Hopkins of course is all the way here on the east coast.
    Glad you got so much practice, I only took the test twice. Lucky bastard.

the bitching thread

I know. Im just going to take the SATs every year so once the time comes when it counts, I'll prolly be able to get something like a 2300/2400.

the bitching thread

I know. Im just going to take the SATs every year so once the time comes when it counts, I'll prolly be able to get something like a 2300/2400.
    In the new format, do they still deduct more points for a wrong answer than a blank?

Awesome user with default custom title darkmetal505's Avatar

the bitching thread

Originally posted by: Ero-Fan
    In the new format, do they still deduct more points for a wrong answer than a blank?
    no i just took it. Its still just 1/4 a point of if you miss it and none on the free response math question. The essay is scored from a 1 to 7 I believe. The test was a lot easier than before for me, but then again, I think I do good, but I end up doing real crappy. Near the end you get so tired that you just wanna go to sleep.

the bitching thread

Okay:

1.) Really, the essay was out of 7 points?
    2.) Does it matter if you finish your essay or not? I only got 3/4 of the way through.