Page 152 of 253 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

yep.. they are strict compared to here.
    After you get license here, you have 1 year term in which you have got 20 points, and you get for example 10 points for 50km/h speeding or drunken driving, 4 points for 20 km/h speeding.
    After 1 year you have 24 points and can go to special course which can wipe off some points after 5 hours of lessons.
    Prices for speeding are sky-high too from what I see..and from what I heard those laws are not for show only, and you get caught speeding every time you do it, and they are strictly enforced.Compared to here that's draconian law.

p.s. polish police is famous for being able to 'forget' some things, especially speeding...
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    yep.. they are strict compared to here.
    After you get license here, you have 1 year term in which you have got 20 points, and you get for example 10 points for 50km/h speeding or drunken driving, 4 points for 20 km/h speeding.
    After 1 year you have 24 points and can go to special course which can wipe off some points after 5 hours of lessons.
    Prices for speeding are sky-high too from what I see..and from what I heard those laws are not for show only, and you get caught speeding every time you do it, and they are strictly enforced.Compared to here that's draconian law.

p.s. polish police is famous for being able to 'forget' some things, especially speeding...

And from what I know, the laws in the State of Queensland (where I live), are lax in comparison to the laws in the State of Victoria.

You would not want to live in Victoria Xel

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Every year I spend my birthday alone... this year is no different. I has a sad.
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

Look at it as a day of reflection and introspection. See where you are in life and what you need or want to change so the next year and the rest of your life are better. I don't mean that you should do something simply so your next birthday isn't spent alone, but if that is a byproduct of positive changes in your life, then that's a bonus.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Look at it as a day of reflection and introspection. See where you are in life and what you need or want to change so the next year and the rest of your life are better. I don't mean that you should do something simply so your next birthday isn't spent alone, but if that is a byproduct of positive changes in your life, then that's a bonus.
    This is all very good advice, thanks Animeniax.

heh, animeniax.... I just got it. You Wacko =P
    When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments. Here was a machine of precision and balance for the convenience of man. And (unlike subsequent inventions for man's convenience) the more he used it, the fitter his body became. Here, for once, was a product of man's brain that was entirely beneficial to those who used it, and of no harm or irritation to others. Progress should have stopped when man invented the bicycle. ~Elizabeth West, Hovel in theHills

My landlord didn't put down salt in front of my building the other day, and like 5 people (myself included) slipped and fell on the ice that had formed right outside the door. I think i bruised both my ribs and buttock, but there isn't much that cen be done to the landlord, unfortunately.

Awesome user with default custom title The Heretic Azazel's Avatar
    On the way into my apartment last night a guy tried to sell me bootleg dvds. Am I in fucking Mexico??
    "They call it 'The American Dream' because you have to be asleep to believe it" - George Carlin

That's funny; some guy came up to me in the grocery store today and tried to sell me bootleg DVDs.
    "Samsonlonghair - The Defender of the Oppressed And Shunned!" -Kraco

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    flys...

Our section of the office is being over run w\ flys! I started to notice one or 2 buzzing about last week.... Yesterday others began talking about it too, and my boss went on a killing spree and killed 7, including a double kill!

but.... srsly... i left my tea ( covered w\ a paper towel ) for a few minutes, and when I came back there were 4 flys on my desk. It's extremely annoying to have them flying around.

I would have to speculate that something is dead in the cieling/walls.

Its way below freezing here, -20 Celsius degrees, and i had to take 2 20 minute walks in suit... and now I'm freezing..
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

I think I'm losing my taste for beer .

I only developed a taste recently after spending a lot of time overseas where I couldn't drink alcohol, so of course I wanted it more and started drinking it whenever I could back in the states or abroad. Now I've been trying different beers like Newcastle brown ale, some different varieties from a brewer called Boulevard Brewing Co out of Missouri, and Stella Urchell from the Czech Republic. I think they are all disgusting. I'm going to go get some San Miguel's, a Filipino beer that is my current favorite. If I don't like that anymore either, I'm going to be pissed.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    So far the only beer I've liked is the one that gives me an allergic reaction.

And I hate the Australian iconic "full body" XXXX / Victoria Bitter stuff.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I'm not fond of the heavy beers like Guinness or even Shiner Bock. It's like drinking molasses. I prefer light beers for their smoothness but supposedly drinking light beers makes you less of a man, so I refrain from drinking them. Wine coolers too, even though they are delicious.

I've never drunk too much beer, which I think is the direct reason for the lighter and less substantial ones tasting better in my mouth. And I couldn't care less if somebody thinks that makes me less of a man. In my own opinion a man doesn't give a shit about what others think he should be drinking. Your own taste is the best judge.

Try Corona - Mexican beer, its light, taste is awesome and it is way better if you add Key Lime(about 1/8th of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Try Corona - Mexican beer, its light, taste is awesome and it is way better if you add Key Lime(about 1/8th of it).
    I live in Texas so I've definitely had Corona before. It's good, but San Miguel is better.

It's funny but I had Corona in Mexico and it tasted better than the Corona I have in Houston/Austin. Might have been just relative thirst but I'm not so sure.

i've been a big fan of corona with lime, but i've recently gotten into shock top with orange.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

it's all about the balance, the right beer for the right mood.

when you're feeling pumped, and ready for action something "Heavy", like a guinness will make you feel invincible.
    but when you're feeling down, and want to forget, the bitter taste will weigh you down, like all your past sins combined crushing your face into the mud.

so instead, take something light, a heiniken, or a becks. strongbow is also nice, apple cider.

That's a good point, DBZ. I never thought of it that way. I guess it's like wine, you have to pick the right kind for the right occasion. I will think on this and choose more wisely the next time I drink beer.

I was set to get a fairly large tax return...until the US department of Education took all of it! It makes no sense, as I am in default, but I am making payments on it. And now I can't make my last payment to get out of default because they took my return...which was way more than what I owed, but not so much that they would need to take the whole thing. And my roommate apparently held on to a few checks that I wrote him between1-3 months ago and decided to cash them all on Friday, before I got paid and when my rent was due. That seems a bit inconsiderate...