Page 245 of 253 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    No, he said he was "frustrated" that he wasn't at his goal yet, which is the same as dreading the process more or less. I think he's under the delusion that once he reaches his goal, he's set and won't have to work out anymore.
    Definitely not the case. I΄m not of the silly belief that once I΄ve reached my goal, I can just go back to eating like crap. It still sucks that losing weight is a rather slow process, but it can΄t be helped.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

So Russia won 13 gold medals in the 2014 Winter Olympics. Few look at that closer and see that 3 of those are from Viktor Ahn, a South Korean who defected in 2011 to Russia. While there's plenty of outrage and disgust at this kind of nationalist wheeling and dealing, nothing makes as stark a reminder of this travesty as the closing ceremony, where Ahn stands with all the other Russian medalists and the Russian national anthem is played. All the other Russians sing along to their national anthem, while Ahn stands among them silently.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

END THE WORLD NOW!

Scarlett Johansson is pregnant.

I hate everything.

"She's the only non-loli girl in the show, your honor!" will be my defense in court

Quote Originally Posted by MFauli View Post
    END THE WORLD NOW!

Scarlett Johansson is pregnant.

I hate everything.
    She's highly overrated. Amazing body, but if that face was on anything less of a hot body, you wouldn't give two shits about her.

“For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?”

Managed to get a papercut under my fingernail while reaching into a drawer at work.

Every Day is a Miracle!

I still contend that bubble mailers still give the worst papercuts. Always ragged. I still have some scars from bubble mailers when I worked in a warehouse 10 years ago.

Why the hell does it take more than three days to ship a package across one state line? On top of that, why has my package been sitting at a carrier facility since 7:25am yesterday morning? I remember when Amazon shipped their packages within two days, no matter where it was coming from, without Amazon Prime. What has the world come to?

/endrant

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuin View Post
    Why the hell does it take more than three days to ship a package across one state line? On top of that, why has my package been sitting at a carrier facility since 7:25am yesterday morning? I remember when Amazon shipped their packages within two days, no matter where it was coming from, without Amazon Prime. What has the world come to?

/endrant
    I think they're trying to force you to get Prime, and they're raising prices on it too. I think they're currently losing money with the 2-day shipping under Prime.

And I don't know these halcyon days of speedy shipping you are referring to. Without Prime, Amazon typically takes 2-3 days to ship your order, then another few days for the carrier to deliver it.

It was years ago, but because of where I live (close to one of the major distribution centers for Amazon), I would typically get any package either next day, or the day after, even though I would choose standard shipping. It was quite surprising, but much appreciated. Now... you're correct: It takes 2-3 days for them to even process the order to ship, then another 2-3 for the carrier to deliver it. And I think that's bullshit.

To add to my bitching, the product in question is the HD remaster of FFX/X-2, which was released on Tuesday. I placed my order over a month ago. Again, back in the day, Amazon would ship pre-order items a day or two before release, just so they are guaranteed to arrive on release day. But that doesn't happen anymore either. Instead, my item is transported to the carrier facility in the middle of the day of release day... makes it's way across the state line around 1am or so, to a facility in my fucking town... and has been sitting there since yesterday morning. How in the hell a Fedex truck couldn't make a delivery within two days is beyond me.

It's dangerous to go alone. Take Nep.

I think they're trying to force you to get Prime, and they're raising prices on it too. I think they're currently losing money with the 2-day shipping under Prime.

And I don't know these halcyon days of speedy shipping you are referring to. Without Prime, Amazon typically takes 2-3 days to ship your order, then another few days for the carrier to deliver it.
    I have Prime, and I still get packages in three days from time to time. I'm pissed about it every time, but there's little recourse aside from bitching at Amazon and hoping they give you a credit (and sometimes they even will). It depends on how fucking lazy UPS and FedEx are, because once they pass it off to the USPS, they count it as "delivered".

Love my local Post Office though, they're champs. They've even managed to put the packages in my mailbox before I had cleared it of snow (they are not required to deliver mail if your box isn't clear, if you're consistently nice to them, they'll do it anyway).

Honestly, I'm pretty sure Prime isn't 2-day shipping at all, All Amazon shipping is 2 days. I bet they have a bulk agreement with UPS and FedEx, maybe even a flat rate due to the overwhelming volume they put into the system. Shipping packages is the most lucrative part of that whole system. Ask any USPS employee. They love when you pick up a package at the office that you had to sign for but weren't home, it's big bucks. That's also why UPS/FedEx generally don't do letters, they're not worth it.

Even when I was on Super Savings Shipping, my package would often arrive the same day it was "shipped." When you get Amazon Prime, you're paying for same-day or one-day processing and handling. It's pretty clever on their part to call it otherwise.

It's not so much that Amazon is losing money with the current rate, it's UPS/FedEx/USPS. It's mostly due to the increase in fuel, and dropping value of the dollar. Everything goes up, but unlike a grocery store or gas station, Amazon can't incrementally raise prices that they need to pass on to the customer without everyone instantly noticing. Amazon has probably been eating the cost for years, but can't afford to anymore.
    Last edited by Ryllharu; Fri, 03-21-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: clarity of point

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    I have Prime, and I still get packages in three days from time to time. I'm pissed about it every time, but there's little recourse aside from bitching at Amazon and hoping they give you a credit (and sometimes they even will). It depends on how fucking lazy UPS and FedEx are, because once they pass it off to the USPS, they count it as "delivered".

Love my local Post Office though, they're champs. They've even managed to put the packages in my mailbox before I had cleared it of snow (they are not required to deliver mail if your box isn't clear, if you're consistently nice to them, they'll do it anyway).

Honestly, I'm pretty sure Prime isn't 2-day shipping at all, All Amazon shipping is 2 days. I bet they have a bulk agreement with UPS and FedEx, maybe even a flat rate due to the overwhelming volume they put into the system. Shipping packages is the most lucrative part of that whole system. Ask any USPS employee. They love when you pick up a package at the office that you had to sign for but weren't home, it's big bucks. That's also why UPS/FedEx generally don't do letters, they're not worth it.

Even when I was on Super Savings Shipping, my package would often arrive the same day it was "shipped." When you get Amazon Prime, you're paying for same-day or one-day processing and handling. It's pretty clever on their part to call it otherwise.

It's not so much that Amazon is losing money with the current rate, it's UPS/FedEx/USPS. It's mostly due to the increase in fuel, and dropping value of the dollar. Everything goes up, but unlike a grocery store or gas station, Amazon can't incrementally raise prices that they need to pass on to the customer without everyone instantly noticing. Amazon has probably been eating the cost for years, but can't afford to anymore.
    Losing money on shipping is their justification for raising the price of Prime; whether it's them or the shipping companies, they're in it together, and the cost is passed on to us, the customers. I love Surepost since we have mailbox clusters with package lockers, so I rarely have to visit the post office to pick up a missed delivery. It takes longer to receive but it's less of a hassle.

Most of my 2-day shipments have arrived on time, but there's a major distro center in Texas so that helps. One of the few times it took longer (4 days) to receive a shipment with no weather delays, it benefited me because I got to return an unwanted item and not pay a return shipping fee, since one of the reasons for returns is "arrived later than estimated date" which puts the responsibility back on Amazon.

One of the few times it took longer (4 days) to receive a shipment with no weather delays, it benefited me because I got to return an unwanted item and not pay a return shipping fee, since one of the reasons for returns is "arrived later than estimated date" which puts the responsibility back on Amazon.
    If you didn't want it...why did you order it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    If you didn't want it...why did you order it?
    Sometimes impulse buys, this time it was a size issue (6qt saute pan is too large for my needs). The returns process/costs and loss of instant gratification are the two downfalls of online shopping.

Awesome user with default custom title UChessmaster's Avatar
    As the "leader" of an administration in physical therapy class, I was tasked with giving assignments to everybody, I gave a partner the work of creating a schedule for something. one person complained because she was already busy in the time she was given. Overall the schedule didn't make much sense, so I decided to suggest (key word: suggest). The same person that couldn`t attend BEFORE, raged hard at my suggestion (suggestion still being the keyword) because she couldn't fit the new schedule either...
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

That's one reason I avoid leadership roles, because people don't cooperate and will try to challenge your authority to get out of doing work. Unless I have the ability to punish/eject/penalize subordinates, then fuck it I'll do it on my own. Do you have a mechanism for penalizing this person for not working with the team?

That's one reason I avoid leadership roles, because people don't cooperate and will try to challenge your authority to get out of doing work. Unless I have the ability to punish/eject/penalize subordinates, then fuck it I'll do it on my own. Do you have a mechanism for penalizing this person for not working with the team?
    The teacher has my back and all but one either agrees with me or is neutral about it. The saddest thing us that a huge reason why i did this was to help her specifcally
    You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end each of us must work for his own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. -Marie Curie

Quote Originally Posted by UChessmaster View Post
    The teacher has my back and all but one either agrees with me or is neutral about it. The saddest thing us that a huge reason why i did this was to help her specifcally
    To help the team member or the teacher? But I get it, you did it for the nookie.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Uchess is gay. Just for the record.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

To help the team member or the teacher? But I get it, you did it for the nookie.
    The team member

Continuing on with administration drama, there`s this girl that did horrible in each and every test so far, this is the ONLY and last subject she is taking and it`s only two credits. She`s a very nice person and I`ve known her for ages, I gave her an oral presentation and told her to cover two points, she only did one point so far and it`s clear she`s NOT doing the second part. Sad part is that the teacher specified that the part she`s coincidentally missing is highly important. I`m supposed to deliver a report at the end of the semester saying how everyone did, the fuck am I supposed to say about her? If I even remotely say she`s doing poorly to the teacher she will give her an automatic F, flunking the test means she`ll graduate in June 2015 as opposed to this June.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Is the fact that you're filling out a report about her something that she knows about (and is supposed to know about)? Tell her exactly that, that you'll have to write a report at the end of the session, that you don't want her to repeat but you also won't lie in the report. At her current performance the report won't be favourable and you want to work with her together to get it up to scratch (or something).

My bitch: dirty housemate/s leaving the kitchen looking like shit. Either not washing things up in a timely matter (days?) or just sucking at washing stuff up (food left on utensils). They also don't routinely lock the external doors. I've walked right into our house unnoticed multiple times without unlocking the doors.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~