Page 61 of 253 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by infidel
    Current Bitch: As with one of my previous bitches everyone knows I work at IKEA, but it is not that the work there is hard -- but boring. I would rather have hard work which passes the time than easy, slow moving work. I am someone who needs to have mind stimulation...not blankness while I am building returned furniture.
    Don't ever work in the government.

At least you have a job where you can stay somewhat active, even if it's mindless work. Desk jobs get boring and your ass balloons (well, not mine). Of course, you get internet (and GW) access if you have a desk job, which is kind of cool.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

But it drives you nuts. It's just a sea of cubicles. It makes you feel so worthless.

Yeah I know what you mean, I've worked in cubicle farms before. You have to make it fun with cube wars and LAN games and stay somewhat social with your fellow cube-dwellers. Hardest part is staying physically active while trapped in a 6X6 box.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Those options were not available when I worked with a bunch of old civil engineers........

infidel
    Well I don't plan of doing any of that when I get my major from college, I intend on being a Social Work major.

Wow, social worker? Does that job pay well? You'd better minor in CS or something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Wow, social worker? Does that job pay well? You'd better minor in CS or something useful.
    Computer Science or Communication Studies?

Computer Science is actually a lucrative major...Communications is pretty much useless.

infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    If you don't go to a graduate school to get your Masters in Social Worker (MSW) you can't even get a job unless it's a shitty one, but I definitely plan on going to Graduate School. With an MSW you open doors and your pay increases -- I'm not really doing it for pay anyway...I live to help people. Social Workers make around the same amount that High School Teachers do.

Social Workers with just a bachelor degree start around $31,425 per year, with those who receive their masters start around $40, 548 per year.

Masters in Social Worker...? Never heard of that degree before.

infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Masters in Social Worker...? Never heard of that degree before.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Social_Work

That will explain it to you better than I would be able too, plus I'd probably just screw it up.

Never knew you need such degrees to do social work. Interesting...

infidel
    Quote Originally Posted by Board of Command
    Never knew you need such degrees to do social work. Interesting...
    You need them in only a few states, but you need them to get your certificate. If you don't get such a degree you get stuck doing desk jobs.

Haruhi Vol. 9: The Dissociation of Suzumiya Haruhi......

There was so much promise in this book, but it doesn't end! It's the first book in the series that finishes on a "To be continued..." This was the shortest book so far, and it still left me hanging at the end. It seems like the author purposely cut it short so he can publish a 10th book. Pisses me off.

A Masters of Social Work lets you get your LCSW license which allows you to do clinical work like a psychologist with less education(1 to 2 years) and being able to charge less per an hour (20-30 an hour compared to two to three times as much for a psychologist). If you have a bachelors your usually a case manager/paper pusher. Not everyone is shallow like you BOC I happen to be a social worker as well, some one has to pick up the pieces when you computer people get all depressed and disfunctional due to the lack of human contact.

Sig made by Lucifus

I've never been depressed and never will. My personality simply doesn't allow it. I've never even be stressed. Don't know what it feels like.

I love being depressed, it makes me feel cool.

Anyway, today marks 4 days until I move into my new school and have to do the entire college orientation process again. Which sucks.

I just came back from an annual half marathon event, and my entire body is aching due to running 21 km. Lack of training also meant that my body's not conditioned enough, and I'm been getting cramps since I crossed that finishing line.... I'll need a few days to recover from this.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Psyke, I'm american so i dont think in kilometers... but i assure you, 99% of people on these forums could not even run 5 km without breaking down and passing out.

anyhow, current bitch...

i have 16 computers that need to have all of their adobe / macromedia cs2 stuff uninstalled and i need to install the cs3 web premier suite on all of them. sounds simple enough.

upon uninstallation i realise that 3 of the computers dont even have dvd roms so i have to go get them and install them.. finally get around to installing cs3.

started at 12:44... it is now 1:38 and it is still running. now, if i have 16 computers to install this on and its going to take at least an hour per computer, how the hell am i going to do this today? (needs to be done by tomorrow or tuesday) so, while most people have sunday off i am stuck working until who knows how late tonight.
    (uninstalling all the stuff alone = 10-15 minutes per computer)
    -im going to maybe run and get some dvd-r's and attempt to burn the install cd a few times mehhhh this sucks.