Page 205 of 253 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

I just hooked up my headset and it really helps in ME3MP for telling newer guys what they're doing wrong. Much more satisfying than yelling at the screen.

This video is nostalgic for anyone who knows what I'm talking about with the APC on CS siege:

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

I had a package sent from Amazon delivered and left at the front door by UPS... and it's not there when I get home. Second time this shit has happened. Either UPS is faking it and stealing my shit, or some asshole is walking by and helping himself to any packages on my porch. This is a middle-middle class suburban neighborhood, so the perp is probably some suburban gangster piece of shit. Worse is if it's one of my neighbors who hears the UPS truck and then drops by to steal whatever they leave.

So Amazon does not have a way for you to require a signature or to easily pick it up from the delivery company instead of having them leave it on your doorstep for any asshole to help himself to. This pisses me off enough that I'm going to stop ordering from Amazon unless the deal is too sweet to pass up.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

What kind of delivery service leaves shit on your doorstep, I think that's even illegal here.
    -----------------

Not sure if you can do this, but why don't you send it to your parents, friend and/or a neighbour to receive it? Then, you can treat both parties to a beer or pay them money for being available to receive your package.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    What kind of delivery service leaves shit on your doorstep, I think that's even illegal here.
    UPS, the world's largest shipping company. Apparently it's no big deal to them if they lose a package. I imagine they're heavily insured. Just sucks for the customer when the package is lost.

Quote Originally Posted by enkoujin View Post
    Not sure if you can do this, but why don't you send it to your parents, friend and/or a neighbour to receive it? Then, you can treat both parties to a beer or pay them money for being available to receive your package.
    Not an option really. If I had it redirected to a neighbor, I'd have to have all packages sent their or set it up every time through the delivery company. It would be a hassle. It would be best if people weren't thieving fucking assholes and didn't fuck with other people's shit.

If you really think someone is stealing your shit, buy a security camera setup. Logitech has one that is fairly-to-moderately cheap. You could probably use a hunting scout camera if you secure it well enough to prevent vandalism by the thief.

I'd say it was more likely your neighbors than UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    If you really think someone is stealing your shit, buy a security camera setup. Logitech has one that is fairly-to-moderately cheap. You could probably use a hunting scout camera if you secure it well enough to prevent vandalism by the thief.

I'd say it was more likely your neighbors than UPS.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's a neighbor or someone in the neighborhood. It's a quiet suburban subdivision. When that UPS truck rumbles through making deliveries, it's pretty easy to know someone is getting a package. Plus we get lots of solicitors (lawn care, bug care, religion, etc). If they knock and no one answers, they might see the package as a consolation prize. Fuck them.

I'm considering a video camera for the front door (I almost did a peephole camera setup after the first time someone swiped a package from my porch) but that sucks. As I get madder about this, I'll be more likely to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkshadow View Post
    ^ this. Seriously - leaving packages on your doorstep is retarded.
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax View Post
    Not an option really. If I had it redirected to a neighbor, I'd have to have all packages sent their or set it up every time through the delivery company. It would be a hassle. It would be best if people weren't thieving fucking assholes and didn't fuck with other people's shit.
    What you should do, is have UPS hold your package. You can have them hold your package at a nearby UPS customer service center, free of charge, for 5 days. You can then pick up your package yourself during business hours on any of those days.
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Barles View Post
    What you should do, is have UPS hold your package. You can have them hold your package at a nearby UPS customer service center, free of charge, for 5 days. You can then pick up your package yourself during business hours on any of those days.
    Is this a permanent option you can log with the local UPS office? I'm not looking forward to having to contact UPS each time I expect a package. I was doing that a while with Fedex and it's a hassle as well as adding a day or two to the shipping process. With Fedex, if you create a delivery exception while the package is in transit, on the day it is supposed to arrive it still goes on the truck for delivery to the local Fedex station and won't be available for you to pick up until the next day. Not a big deal with 2 day shipping, but still bullshit that I can't receive packages on my own front porch without some asshole helping himself to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair View Post
    ^ this. Seriously - leaving packages on your doorstep is retarded.
    It's weird since this is the US and there are fucking thieves and criminals everywhere, but UPS has made itself very successful with this delivery model. It cuts down on repeated delivery attempts which saves time, gas, and effort.

Awesome user with default custom title Uchiha Barles's Avatar
    Is this a permanent option you can log with the local UPS office? I'm not looking forward to having to contact UPS each time I expect a package.
    It seems like there are options for this to be done automatically, but I'm not familiar with the service or the cost. Something about you being a 'mailbox holder' (which probably costs money) or a UPS My Choice Premium member. Here's a link to information concerning the latter:

http://blog.ups.com/2011/09/14/hate-...-here-to-help/

And yeah, you're right about the package usually making it to the delivery truck before they pull it off, but UPS has usually been good about pulling it off the very morning they receive it at the hub (in my experience).
    "You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it, your time has come. This time you will stand alone and fight for yourselves. Now you will pay for your freedom in the currency of honest toil and human blood."

- Inquisitor Czevak

Ani's certainly got an axe to grind with UPS and is searching every way to place the blame on them. Most people don't have a problem with their packages getting stolen. The vast overwhelming majority. Or they live in an apartment building where the manager signs for packages.

But it really all depends. They (FEDEX) have left a $1200 computer on my steps, labeled on the outside of the package what it is...and I've had to sign for $30 packages. So the absurdity of it goes both ways.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    It's not like UPS is immune to blame. Truck drivers can steal just as well as neighbours. DHL had organised theft going on within their staff while back.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryllharu View Post
    Ani's certainly got an axe to grind with UPS and is searching every way to place the blame on them. Most people don't have a problem with their packages getting stolen. The vast overwhelming majority. Or they live in an apartment building where the manager signs for packages.

But it really all depends. They (FEDEX) have left a $1200 computer on my steps, labeled on the outside of the package what it is...and I've had to sign for $30 packages. So the absurdity of it goes both ways.
    Not really, but thanks for fishing. They're just the biggest company and make the most domestic deliveries, particularly from Amazon. I mentioned them repeatedly most because others have asked what company leaves packages at the front door unattended. Fedex usually requires a signature. Also, both times I've lost packages that were delivered by UPS.

I'm mostly upset with Amazon for not making it easier to force signed deliveries. Basically you have to wait for them to pick a company to ship through and then contact that company if you want to have a package held. But even more I'm upset with dickheads who steal people's shit. Fuck them.
    Last edited by Animeniax; Mon, 05-21-2012 at 09:26 PM.

I had a package sent from Amazon delivered and left at the front door by UPS... and it's not there when I get home. Second time this shit has happened. Either UPS is faking it and stealing my shit, or some asshole is walking by and helping himself to any packages on my porch.
    I've had stuff delivered to my house before and left on the front porch if nobody's home or we simply don't hear the doorbell (it's finicky at best) and thank goodness we've never had any issues. But it's a constant worry so I usually sit somewhere with the front door in plain view so I don't miss the carrier.

This is a middle-middle class suburban neighborhood, so the perp is probably some suburban gangster piece of shit. Worse is if it's one of my neighbors who hears the UPS truck and then drops by to steal whatever they leave.
    Sounds like the same kind of P.O.S. that has walked onto our property and stolen my bicycle twice out of the FUCKING GARAGE and once off the front lawn. You seriously have be a real asshole to casually trespass to steal someone's property.

My bitch this week was while I was putting new calipers on the car my girlfriend noticed that my passenger side fog light is cracked. I spent over 2 years scouring the local classifieds for an OEM driver's side and finally found one in a town 2 hours from me. I don't want to buy a replacement from the dealer because it's like $360 in Canada and around $200 in the US. But none of that matters because I'm broke...boo-urns.

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh View Post
    I've had stuff delivered to my house before and left on the front porch if nobody's home or we simply don't hear the doorbell (it's finicky at best) and thank goodness we've never had any issues. But it's a constant worry so I usually sit somewhere with the front door in plain view so I don't miss the carrier.

Sounds like the same kind of P.O.S. that has walked onto our property and stolen my bicycle twice out of the FUCKING GARAGE and once off the front lawn. You seriously have be a real asshole to casually trespass to steal someone's property.
    Here's a funny video about how UPS delivery service works:

UPS's answer to this (they even reference the spoof video, like it's some joke)? Have you sign up for their "my choice" service and pay $40/yr or $5/request. The only useful free option is to have it held at the UPS shipping location (not a UPS store, that costs $5 each time or the $40/yr membership). Fedex lets you route packages to the Fedex store of your choice for free.

Quote Originally Posted by fahoumh
    My bitch this week was while I was putting new calipers on the car my girlfriend noticed that my passenger side fog light is cracked. I spent over 2 years scouring the local classifieds for an OEM driver's side and finally found one in a town 2 hours from me. I don't want to buy a replacement from the dealer because it's like $360 in Canada and around $200 in the US. But none of that matters because I'm broke...boo-urns.
    What kind of car is it? Fog lights are pretty useless from what I've seen... but they do look cool. My passenger side taillight has been cracked for 4 years to the point its fogging up inside. I haven't gotten around to paying $180 to replace it.

Here's a funny video about how UPS delivery service works:

Hahahaha...that is funny. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other people have a similar perception of UPS.

UPS's answer to this (they even reference the spoof video, like it's some joke)? Have you sign up for their "my choice" service and pay $40/yr or $5/request. The only useful free option is to have it held at the UPS shipping location (not a UPS store, that costs $5 each time or the $40/yr membership).
    Charging customers for having a job and/or life is lame. Are these shipping locations regionally located? Or do they have like 2 or 3 per State/Province?

Fedex lets you route packages to the Fedex store of your choice for free.
    Any undeliverable packages from Purolator and Canada Post are taken back to the nearest office and are available to be picked up usually the following day. I don't know why UPS can't do the same.

What kind of car is it? Fog lights are pretty useless from what I've seen... but they do look cool. My passenger side taillight has been cracked for 4 years to the point its fogging up inside. I haven't gotten around to paying $180 to replace it.
    It's an '02 Acura TL-S. The fog light is mostly a cosmetic issue for me but I'm admittedly pretty vain when it comes to my car.

Hahahaha...that is funny. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of other people have a similar perception of UPS.
    It's funny but UPS thinks it's a joke if " UPS mychoice" is their answer to customer complaints.

Charging customers for having a job and/or life is lame. Are these shipping locations regionally located? Or do they have like 2 or 3 per State/Province?
    They're somewhat local. There are a few in any major city and each services different areas of the city. They aren't as numerous or conveniently located as UPS retail stores.

It's an '02 Acura TL-S. The fog light is mostly a cosmetic issue for me but I'm admittedly pretty vain when it comes to my car.
    Nice car. I'd take a lot of pride in it if I drove one. Foglights look awesome when they are on with the headlights. Very aggressive and serious look. I want to get foglights on my 04 STi but I like the foglight covers.

Subaru WRX STi 2004 - Side.jpg
    Last edited by Animeniax; Tue, 05-22-2012 at 09:41 AM.

It's funny but UPS thinks it's a joke if " UPS mychoice" is their answer to customer complaints.

They're somewhat local. There are a few in any major city and each services different areas of the city. They aren't as numerous or conveniently located as UPS retail stores.
    They really need to get their act together...seriously.

Nice car. I'd take a lot of pride in it if I drove one. Foglights look awesome when they are on with the headlights. Very aggressive and serious look. I want to get foglights on my 04 STi but I like the foglight covers.
    Thanks. The 2nd gen TL is by far the best looking, IMO. All the car needs is a drop and the OEM bodykit to make it sooo much better than stock. Hell, even the bodykit is enough. I actually put yellow bulbs into the fogs for a more JDM look...which is kind of ironic since the car was built in Ohio.

Is that your STi? I kind of like that iteration without the foglights.

Thanks. The 2nd gen TL is by far the best looking, IMO. All the car needs is a drop and the OEM bodykit to make it sooo much better than stock. Hell, even the bodykit is enough. I actually put yellow bulbs into the fogs for a more JDM look...which is kind of ironic since the car was built in Ohio.

Is that your STi? I kind of like that iteration without the foglights.
    No offense but I hate the direction Acura went with all of their cars after third gen. They look too boxy and luxury-based and not as sporty. I'm surprised they have a factory in Ohio, but I imagine it's a Honda factory.

That's not my STi in the photo but same everything besides the wheels. I got them in silver which I think looks better than the gold ones. I haven't gone with aftermarket wheels because I want to keep a stock look, and it's expensive to get wheels that look as good and are lightweight forged like the stock wheels. Mine looks like this but with less wheel gap and a WRX wing:

dw_800.jpg