Page 150 of 253 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 5056

Thread: The Bitching Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Oh, so that's why the Naruto release update was late.

I shall delete that hate mail and send you a get-well-soon card instead

PS: Did you eat something bad?
    Yeah, I had some wings from across the street. They gave me food poisoning, so I've been diagnosed with Gastroenteritis. I'm gonna stay away from wings for awhile.

Edit: @Kraco below: No, not yet.
    Last edited by Marik; Thu, 12-10-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Have you reported the place?

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Following up this post I decided to go ahead with the order.

MS then tells me I will have to do a clean install rather than simply download the upgrade.exe since I'm using xp (for an additional $14 through the post). That's well and all, and since it's kind of necessary, I purchased the $50 license as well as the $14 CD.

After I checked out, I got redirected to the download page, which lists two options:

1) EXE - for upgrading with compatible OS

2) ISO - for clean installations.

^ BUT THEY DON'T TELL YOU THIS UNTIL AFTER YOU PAY NOW DO THEY?

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

Woah sounds pretty terrible. Take care Marik!
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Quote Originally Posted by Marik
    Yeah, I had some wings from across the street. They gave me food poisoning, so I've been diagnosed with Gastroenteritis. I'm gonna stay away from wings for awhile.
    Take this opportunity to try chicken feet.

You may be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    Take this opportunity to try chicken feet.

You may be pleasantly surprised.
    Sounds like something that will make me even sicker. I'll pass.

@ the google images of chicken feet.

bahha, I more tired than a pack mule.
    I had a job in the university today. I was there to watch over some Psychometrics exams (an academic admission exam, sort of, like the SAT) taking place, and it took it's toll on me...

day started out good, there was an english-only exam, which was short, and no one interrupted, but then we had the real exam...
    50 something people (who were all of the same minority group, woo-hoo!) acting like jerks and making a howl. everything took twice as much time for us as it did for other groups, and we finished more than an hour after everyone else.
    I pooped, I crushed for 4 hours when I got home, and now I'm going to bed again..

also, they all had similar sounding names, which I can't pronounce well, so it felt like a memorial service (with extra emphasis on each syllable of the names: "JubRan JubRan", "AhMed AbuSaLim"...).

still, It pays well.
    g.night

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    I discovered I had no internet last night. I'd already spent 10-15 minutes trying to repair my connection... trying wired, wireless, restarting the router... Then I realized the router was showing no internet connection so I called verizon and spent about 10 minutes in their automated system before being transferred.... TO HOLD!

I had to goto bed at some point, had been on hold for over 45 minutes. Woke up in the morning.... and had internet! but now I dont, and have to wait until tomorrow or the next day for a new router to arrive srsly.... BOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    I discovered I had no internet last night. I'd already spent 10-15 minutes trying to repair my connection... trying wired, wireless, restarting the router... Then I realized the router was showing no internet connection so I called verizon and spent about 10 minutes in their automated system before being transferred.... TO HOLD!

I had to goto bed at some point, had been on hold for over 45 minutes. Woke up in the morning.... and had internet! but now I dont, and have to wait until tomorrow or the next day for a new router to arrive srsly.... BOOOO
    So..verizon insists there's nothing wrong at their end? If not, a new router may not be your fix.

I have very rarely had any troubles with my connection, but the few times there have been, I have suffered from no wait times to catch a person and after the few typical questions the ISP has never tried to insist it's something on my side. Rather, they have always said they will check their own settings and systems (and that has always helped as well). Doesn't sound like this Verizon values its customers too highly.

well, the wireless doesn't seem to work at all.

It almost seems like a DNS issue, but then the router does lock up when you try to access it. I could get to yahoo, google, certain ebay pages, but most other pages wouldn't load.

Wireless doesn't broadcast... If the replacement router doesn't fix it I'm gonna be cranky!

wtf verizon?

My internet went out sometime on sunday night and I wasted an hour on hold before having to goto bed cause it was late.

My wife called on monday and they sent me an email w\ a UPS tracking number for a new router they were sending out to us.. ok! great. Tuesday, no router... owell, wait til wednesday.

My wife calls back yesterday and they tell her that the routers are not in stock and that it will not ship out until the 31st... are you fucking kidding me? no internet for 2+ weeks? that just doesn't work...

so, i jump on their website and do a tech support chat session and this guy assures me that the router actually shipped yesterday, despite ups's website not showing any results for the tracking number verizon gave me. The guy tells me it will arrive on wednesday for sure.

Wednesday/yesterday : No router... so, I give them a call and now this guy tells me close to what they told my wife before, the order shows pending and he doesn't know where the router is or if they're in stock, or on back order... despite this though, he goes on to tell me that the router will ship that night and get to me today... srsly?

my response to him was immediately to ask him why I've at that point been given 3 completely different answers to the same question.

Anyhow, my internet was back working somehow so i'm not too worried about it, but it was not working monday or tuesday.

On a plus note, they did offer my wife some kind of internet/tv package w\ 25/10mbps internet speed for $79...which I think I will do.

Today i lost all of my firefox tabs - that is 1 year worth of tabs(about 50-60, some of them are impossible to get back)...

My mother used mine pc, i warned her 5 fucking times, "watch out for pop-unders and close the main browser, the one with tabs, last" (she of course hates tabs and opens everything in new window...), and guess what? all tabs are gone, and the best part is - it was not her fault that all my tabs are gone, but in fact she closed the main browser first(tabbed one) - it is my fault for using the tabs and keeping them that way, and I'm the stupid one...
    Can't they for once say "I'm sorry i messed up, its my fault" instead of telling me that it is my fault?
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

You know there's a function called "Bookmark all tabs"?

It may have saved you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelbair
    Today i lost all of my firefox tabs - that is 1 year worth of tabs(about 50-60, some of them are impossible to get back)...

My mother used mine pc, i warned her 5 fucking times, "watch out for pop-unders and close the main browser, the one with tabs, last" (she of course hates tabs and opens everything in new window...), and guess what? all tabs are gone, and the best part is - it was not her fault that all my tabs are gone, but in fact she closed the main browser first(tabbed one) - it is my fault for using the tabs and keeping them that way, and I'm the stupid one...
    Can't they for once say "I'm sorry i messed up, its my fault" instead of telling me that it is my fault?
    After my brothers and sister did that for the 10th time I password protected my session and told them to use the damn guest function.

Now it wont happen again, thanks to "about:config" in ff(don't mess up there), and bookmarking all tabs is bad idea for me - I've got too much bookmarks to look there to find anything. Why in the first place firefox allows pop-unders? It does not even have simple option to block them - you have to tweak variables in config manually.
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Have you tried organizing your bookmarks into folders? Once I started doing that, I found that I actually started using bookmarks, rather than just making them for sites I'd only visit every six months.

You can even make a "Regular Tabs" folder or something like that.

My bookmark consists of 222 entries organised into 33 folders/subfolders/sub-subfolders etc.

The biggest tree is 5 deep.

When i organize something i spend more time searching there than just looking through chaotic list.
    and here's my bitch - new year's party was not so good, even though there was one great girl..

Yet another bitch - my graphics card is broken...again.. goddamnit, i'm writing from my mum's laptop.
    Last edited by Xelbair; Sun, 01-03-2010 at 07:39 AM.

Xel : what kinda card did you have?

I haven't posted here in a while so I thought I would !

Movie Theater price gouging... pisses me off. I saw Avatar with my sister saturday and it was $4.50. 1 liter bottle of water? $4.50... that isn't my bitch though.

I went again yesterday because my wife and her brother didn't get to see it. We went to one theater and it was sold out, so then we went to another theater and wow... $9.50 per ticket? srsly? Then you get to the anal rape section that is the concessions... $6.50 for a "small" soda? $8 for a bag of popcorn?

I'm a thrifty guy so stuff like that pisses me off. same thing @ the gym... why would i pay $2.75 for 20oz of powerade if I can go next door and get a 32oz bottle for $1.25 ?