Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

Am I missing something or is Zeta not the depressing show that it's made out to be? I'm up to 33 and it's been great. Only thing I don't understand is why was the Methuss given to Fa to co pilot? Everytime she goes to battle she seems overwhelmed and in need of saving yet she always wants to go out.

(Aeon's Top 5 Anime ATM)One Piece,Shakugan no Shana Second,Gundam 00,Naruto,Bleach

basicly cuz they were training her to be a newtype and yea its not realy that depressing yet wait till u see the full series b4 u decide that tho.

I agree with Meehlimo the end of Zeta is one of the manythign that makes Zeta so great

I watched the first 2 movies recently, and i have to say that camille is a badass. He even hits women!!! Otherwise, its a pretty good gundam series. Cant wait til the third movie is available.

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    I watched the first 2 movies recently, and i have to say that camille is a badass. He even hits women!!! Otherwise, its a pretty good gundam series. Cant wait til the third movie is available.
    It will be released on DVD Aug 25

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanj
    You should watch the series sometime, has alot more depth and is easier to follow.

when i get enough space on my HD, i will.

Zeta Movie III

so really, seriously... i've watched the trailer for the third Zeta movie about fifteen times, i had the promo poster as my desktop wallpaper for a few weeks, i've watched the first two movies repeatedly. a friend of mine who was in japan in january said it was in theaters there then...

does anyone know when the third movie is supposed to be available online to download?

As already written, the DVD will be out august 25.

So expect it to be available for download in early to mid september.

It's currently Mid-September. I haven't been able to find them. Anyone else have better luck?

Wow surprised my account passed over in the forum transition. Definately cool seeing alot more widespread gundam fans joining this crowd. For those in the Chicago area of the states and with some extra cash. You may want to check this out if you are liking Zeta.

Taken from ANN - www.animenewsnetwork.com:

Anime a Focus of Chicago Festival, North American Premiere of Zeta Gundam Movies The Chicago International Film Festival has announced that Yoshiyuki Tomino will be present at the festival for the North American premiere of the Mobile Suit Z Gundam theatrical trilogy.

All three movies will premiere on October 7, 2006, starting with Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation at noon. The movies will cost $8 each for JASC members and $11 for non members.

The day prior to the screenings, Tomino will be signing copies of the Gundam novels and the DVD release of Char's Counterattack at the Borders Books store at 150 North State Street.

Also on October 6, there will also be a panel entitled "Giant Robots and Salarimen: Anime's Social and Economic Impact" featuring Tomino, Hiroaki Inoue and Masaki Kaifu, among other panelists.

Finally, a $150 ($125 for JASC members), fans will have the opportunity to dine with Tomino for a prime-rib dinner at Lawry's The Prime Rib Restaurant.

I'm wish I lived the area the dinner sounds really cool although I would be hard pressed to understand much of anything as I know only a very little japanese. But after hearing this awhile ago and seeing Zeta fans here I figured I'd pass it along...

Last edited by masamuneehs; Sat, 12-30-2006 at 01:52 PM.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by Illrenmazou
    i keep getting an error when trying the link... seems that tvnihon's tracker is having some problems... the wait continues...

i'm psyched though. actually rewatched parts of Zeta over the last couple months, and it'll be wicked to see how they do the 3rd movie.

Yazan = best Oldtype pilot ever.

edit- and two seconds after i post... it works! And I stick by my Yazan loving. That guy's fucking badass. Not a pimp the way Scirocco is, but badass nonetheless.

edit2- but of course the torrent is slow as molasses... come on folks! oh, and happy birthday to Meehlimo too
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Sat, 12-30-2006 at 02:19 PM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

where can i download the zeta series? i cant find any on veoh or youtube

The DVD movies (better quality, not all of the content) were released by TV-Nihon
    List of TV-Nihon releases

As for the actual series, I downloaded it from White_Base's IRC channel (as I couldn't find a torrent with enough seeders to make it tolerable...)
    #White_Base @ irc.rizon.net
    White_Base Fansubs' Site

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I have a q about the Hyper Mega Launcher:
    Is it used in the anime? I recall something about it, but I'm not sure.
    The model kit I have (MG Zeta 2.0) has it, but I doubt the color is correct. (blue)
    I want to paint my kits, so I'd like to see the HML in action, to see the color for myself and maybe some details.
    Does anyone know in what episode it is used?

it's been awhile, but i'm almost positive that it is used in the Zeta series. in fact, i am sure of it, but I don't recall what episode it's in... And I do seem to remember it being blue... your best bet is to try the third Zeta Gundam compilation movie. They have changed things from the original, but it's sure to be in there, and it's alot better than going and trying random episodes of the original series to find it.

I'll do that, tnx
    I gave up the search after about 4 episodes.

How about the Grenade packs.. I don't remember them being in the series.

I remember all the weapons were used, just not at which point. I am sure that the HML was used, if only because I remember Camille using it as a spear, which is one move present in Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs Zeta Gundam.

Of course, all I care about are the moves he uses when the Zeta Gundam activates its Biosensor, like Sword of Rage and Waverider Crash.

On a random note, I've seen all of Victory Gundam and yes, it has a much higher mortality rate. The basic rule is that if there's a character that's a woman, she's most likely gonna die. There are about three exceptions to this rule, though one of them didn't come out completely unscathed.

Zeta Gundam now gets a re-imaging manga:
    Mobile Suit Z Gundam Define [Struct 01]
    There's quite a few changes here and there, like
    (spoiler start) Kamille not getting pissed-off and assaulting Jerrid for mocking his name. (spoiler end)