Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: '06 Sig Comp - ***Round TWO Has Begun***

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

New Sig Comp

I think the subject and material should be a surprise. Adds to the challenge and intrigue in a competition. If one or two partcipants' suggestions are used doesn't that give them an advantage? A competition where the ground rules and tests are regulated by a neutral third party is best, and the mystery of not knowing the material can reveal alot about peoples' strengths/weaknesses.

Like when they unveil the "key ingredient" in Iron Chef. Knocking all the contestants to the floor in surprise makes even ground for a race.

That being said, I wonder who we could get to be a neutral 3rd party regulator? I for one would love to have Y or Mutachi as a surprise supervisor. God knows putting Terra or Assertn in charge of this might lead to calamity... but, since I don't know shit about shat I could almost care less who decides or what they choose, so long as it's done neutrally.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

New Sig Comp

Assertn or Terra would be better than Mut or Y.

So Pheonix, when are the dates and stuff decided?

New Sig Comp

@masamuneehs: Well, I thought about that and I accually got some friends online to help choose with the themes.

As for the dates, I'm thinking two weeks to submit and maybe two weeks for voting each round.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

New Sig Comp

Rofl Yea Assertn and Terra would deffinitley cause tons "calamaty", but im sure Mut or Y wouldnt. [img]i/expressions/rolleye.gif[/img]

New Sig Comp

I meant more like discussing general guidelines, not the specific theme. Should we have some kind of color restrictions? Stuff like, "this must be in the sig" and "you may not use this in the sig"? Just discuss the possibility to have this sort of thing, not decide if we are going to have them.

New Sig Comp

Well, the thing is, I want everyone to have fun and flex their Photoshop skills. Putting to many restictions kinda ruins the fun feel IMO, but I get what you mean. I don't want anyone's work to be inhibited, but if something in a theme is really popular (i.e. Hitsugaya Toushirou from Bleach, I've seen way to many of these) it will be restricted.

Also, any updated rules will be posted and edited into the first post

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

New Sig Comp

one question el boss, who are you? So why are you worrying about this stuff. We've run several competitions before and we know what were doing so relax.

There wont be any restrictions on color, thats just retarted.

I think the theme should be movies.

New Sig Comp

Funny you should say that Kage [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Alright, Round One is up and running.

The first theme is: Movies

Submitions are do to me in two weeks (2/13/05) Anyone who hasn't submitted anything to me by then is taken out of the first round. Thats two weeks, alot of time, so no bitching if you don't get a submition in.

Also, people have asked me why the Deadlines are so far away. Well, because I understand that people have lives, myself included. This way people get the time they need and I don't get to hear complaining about not enouph time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

New Sig Comp

Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
    one question el boss, who are you? So why are you worrying about this stuff. We've run several competitions before and we know what were doing so relax.
    I thought it would be cool to add some restrictions so we had to show what we can accomplish even with a limited repertoir. Sorry for trying to bring some new ideas. I promise, it won't happen again.

Regarding the theme. When you say movies, do you mean live-action movies or full-feature animated movies as well?

New Sig Comp

Originally posted by: el_boss
    Regarding the theme. When you say movies, do you mean live-action movies or full-feature animated movies as well?
    Movies in general. That can include the Family Guy Movie, the Spider-Man Movies, etc. As long as it was classified as a movie, you can use it.

New Sig Comp

Movies eh? I got the perfect one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

New Sig Comp

Originally posted by: Kagemane_no_Jutsu
    I thought it would be cool to add some restrictions so we had to show what we can accomplish even with a limited repertoir. Sorry for trying to bring some new ideas. I promise, it won't happen again.

its all been done before...we know what works best. If you get restrictions then most sigs end up looking too similar and its a boring tourny.

New Sig Comp

how about an actress? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

'06 Sig Comp - Round One Has Begun

An actress what?

for the theme of the sig contest round1 anyways..

Well the theme is already decided. I guess "movies" covers actresses as well.

Well the theme is already decided. I guess "movies" covers actresses as well.
    Well... if she's in the movie outfit....

I propose that the 1st place prize is a perma 10% sig increase
    2nd place is a perma 5% sig increase

thoughts?
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

So there is not much difference between first and second place.

I say only one winner. Its the best of the bests.

Originally posted by: AssertnFailure
    I propose that the 1st place prize is a perma 10% sig increase
    2nd place is a perma 5% sig increase

thoughts?
    I'm all up for it. Like I said before, if an admin or mod wants to give out prizes, be my guest.