Page 62 of 147 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2934

Thread: Post your picture yet again

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    not for girls like junior... (15 is my guess on age)

one of the mods, please tell us how many pm's junior has gotten since posting here pictures a couple pages back.
    XD None actually. This forum isn't THAT bad. I actually remember on another forum, I received quite a few PMs from random people...then again, I did post a different type of picture, so *shrugs*

Nivea face wash is good, but I heard somewhere if you use too much of any kind of harsh face wash stuff around your hair, you could see some recession of your hairline
    Nivea face wash for men is supposed to be good. o.o; It's apparently gentle and soothing, great for using after shaving (The advert said =))

Also, popping causes dents, marks and stuff. D: DONT DO IT

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifus
    Mer.....like wha? Proactive? I'm willing to try anything about now cause I've been Rudolf for about 2 weeks now. >.>
    Just get some pimple cream or something, it should be almost gone by now anyway. There are also some skin coloured patches out there that make it less noticable, and also medicated to supposedly get rid of it. General cleaning is a good way to keep them away. Methods range from a general face rub in the morning to using mild face washes (remember to apply moisturizer afterwards) and exfoliants (don't apply to skin above eye area though, it's much more delicate there). Depends on how metro you want to go. If you go with the pimple popping method, you can use some form of antiseptic such as tea tree or eucalyptus oil to keep the area clean, though it'll sting, and the opening will look a bit red for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Also, popping causes dents, marks and stuff. D: DONT DO IT
    I'm heard mixed advice. Apparently, popping it before it matures stimulates more, and post mature pimples leave marks. Seeing your results though, I'll go with your advice.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 02-05-2008 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    XD None actually. This forum isn't THAT bad. I actually remember on another forum, I received quite a few PMs from random people...then again, I did post a different type of picture, so *shrugs*
    You should post the type of picture that you posted on that forum.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Hey, I didn't know there was a Gotwoot group on Facebook. It's interesting and kind of weird to find out a poster's real name.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobiian
    I'm heard mixed advice. Apparently, popping it before it matures stimulates more, and post mature pimples leave marks. Seeing your results though, I'll go with your advice.
    ...o.o. I'm not an expert in skin talk since I've never had any skin problems. ^^;; I just know apparently popping leaves dents. oo Which explains why some older people have such bad marks on their faces?

You should post the type of picture that you posted on that forum.
    =) I actually like this forum too much for that. And I'm too old now anyway.

Gotwoot on Facebook? hmmmm, I SHOULD JOIN THIS. O:

Whoa, weird. Saman doesn't look 13. How do you bring up a higher quality image of a user?

Who is Si Jing? She has some hot friends.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Si Jing = yallo.

Free free to add me while you guys are at the gotwoot group.
    "Our hearts are full of memories but not all of them reflect the truth. The heart isn't a recording device. Even important memories change with time. They warp or fade, leaving us with but a shadow of what we hoped to remember." 天の道を行き、全てを司る。これは僕の世界。

Junior
    I agree. Saman doesn't look 13. o.o

I WANT TO JOIN THIS GROUP. And I will. I just wish I knew who was who on it. o_O

lol who said i was 13? early 20s is where it's at, baybeh! for another year, anyway :S

Actually I'm not 13 either, I was just kidding earlier but too many people believed me so I thought I'd clear that up.

Also I don't get acne, but I've read a lot of articles on it for some reason. I heard eating strawberries and putting toothpaste on pimples works? And definately not to SQEEZE a puss filled abrasion on your face I thought that was a given. I would just leave it alone, how long do pimples last anyway. I didn't even notice it and still don't.
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel

honestly, the best advice would probably be to wash your face every day with a mild cleanser. i would recommend something by dove, since their products usually smell nice and don't make your face feel tight or anything. also, if the problem persists, you can go see your doctor, who can probably prescribe a simple topical cream. those things work wonders.

anyway, to get back on topic, i've been trying to convince myself to post a picture of myself here, but some reason, i'm really hesitant about it. so maybe i won't.

Well jee, thanx for the update then. appreciate it.

yes, i'm very thoughtful that way

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire
    putting toothpaste on pimples works?
    There was like a MythBusters Health version type thing here not too long ago, and the doctor on there said toothpaste on pimples is BAD!!! Maybe not bad for the pimple, but bad for the skin or something.

I can't browse the Gotwoot? facebook without an account.

I feel compelled to wade in to the discussion here. I had some major acne problems a few years ago. I'm not talking spots, I'm talking lumps. Particularly bad on my face, shoulders and back with some on my chest. I tried everything. Washing ALOT had a slight effect, but not much. Tried clearasel, it was utterly useless. Tried other lotions and creams from the doctor, no use. I had this kind of acne for like a couple of years. Took antibiotics at one point, which were useful to an extent but they weren't delivering the killer blow.

Finally I got referred to hospital, whereupon examination I was put on a 12 week course of something called 'Roaccutane'. This shit was some seriously potent stuff. It worked by closing the sebacious glands in my skin, so that my body could not produce the natural oil everyone does. Dried my skin right out. Whilst on it I developed very, VERY dry skin, I could not move my lips/smile without feeling as though I was tearing them up. Had to apply water constantly to the dried areas. Other side effects included having stomach cramps and other muscle pains whilst on this stuff.

Result: Perfect success. I do occasionaly get the odd spot now and then, but they are rare and easily controllable by just washing extra. I recommend anyone one with serious acne take this.

I should add that doctors suspect this drug makes you suicidal. However I remember feeling more upbeat whilst on this thing. So go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by DB_Hunter
    I should add that doctors suspect this drug makes you suicidal. However I remember feeling more upbeat whilst on this thing. So go figure.
    The side effects are so bad that some users commit suicide?

I'm going to be starting that medication soon as well actually (its called Accutane). Just got my blood work done yesterday and I'm going home for President's Day Weekend to get the medication. The doctor made me read this whole manual about the drug and theres ALOT of side effects (ESPECIALLY for women).

@DB: I've tried just about everything like you, and even prescriptions that dermatologists have written for me but nothing has worked. I really hope this stuff works for me like it worked for you.
    This fantastic Sousuke sig was made by the one and only Lucifus! Thanks man!

Take some before & after pictures.

NM: A Changed Man

"I turned my life around with Accutane, and you can too."

Accutane. Change...your life!

Hmm, sounds like some persistent grade 3 acne to me. One of the strongest class of drugs to treat this is called Retinoids, both topical and systemic, depending on the area affected. It's most likely the type of thing you guys are using. Some other trade names are Differin, Isotrex and Retin-A. It reduces oil production, and is also an antiinflamatory, and can only be prescribed by dermatologists if all other methods prove ineffective. As with most last resort drugs though, it's side effect profile is pretty severe, though they are pretty rare, since they test this stuff on like 4000 people, and even if one develops some sort of side FX, it has to be listed. Sample ones include:

Dry mucous membranes (95%), sun sensitivity, joint
    stiffness, headaches, altered lipid profile (25%), altered
    LFTs (15%), mood changes, intracranial hypertension
    (warn to cease if persistent headaches) (from uni notes.)

Things is, acne can be caused by a variety of reasons, like genetic/hygiene/bacterial/hormonal. And yeah, women have it tough when it comes to acne, drugs or not.

edit: skin diseases are a bitch, since a lot of them are chronic.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Thu, 02-07-2008 at 01:02 AM.

omg, That sounds so dangerous and painful. Was it seriously worth it?!
    "Leaving hell is not the same as entering it." - Tierce Japhrimel