Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitness and Exercise

Fitness and Exercise

I guess I'm the only vote for overweight. I've given up fastfood for the past three months and I still managed to gain weight. It must be because I'm a strict carnivore. mmm meat.

Fitness and Exercise

I'm 18 and rather short+thin (172cm, 53kg)...I recently started working out by running/swimming though and it seems I'm in a good enough shape to go to the army next summer.

Fitness and Exercise

Wow 53 kg, that's very light considering your height. I'm about 175 cm and 70 kg (and yes I know it's not considered "lean").

Fitness and Exercise

I'm 18. I'm one of those lucky bastards who could eat an entire cake and not gain a single pound, but then again, it would probably make me sick. In fact, just now I had a hamburger, some onion rings and a coke. So weight/fat is not my problem, I dont need to diet or anything like that.
    Overall, I'm pretty fit, since I walk or bike to and from class every day. I'd have to say that my main problem is my arms. I have long and slender arms, almost like a woman's because of my bone structure, and although I can't really do anything about my hands, what would be the most efficient way to buffen up my arms?
    Also, since I'm a redhead(with a bit of blond) my skin is very white. And when I say white, I mean I look like a vampire, just without the fangs or cool powers. Plus living in Canada doesnt help matters since I'm almost always wearing a coat or sweater when I'm outside. In fact, even in the summer when I finally have a little time to sunbathe I barely tan at all. All I get is a hint of skin pigment and a few freckles (but I defy the laws of nature by being a redhead and having no freckles on my face, they're all on my arms for some reason), and two week later I'm back to normal. And since I'm a lazy bastard I know I won't go to a tanning salon, so I guess I'll have to stick to being pseudo-albino. Oh well, I guess It does have some advantages, like If I were to decide to become goth one day I wouldnt need to wear white powder, or if someone were to come to the student center and say "I'll give a million dollars to the man without skin pigment", I'd be set for life.

98% of teens uses or has tried MySpace. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your signature

Fitness and Exercise

The buffen up arms bit is tough for you, since you have the blessing of not gaining a pound from any bad food and stuff you also have the curse of haveing a very very hard time buffing up. You can work out and get strong and fit but buffing up is a real problem if you got the kind of body you described. The best you can do is doing weight training about 8 reps and 3 sets followed by a protein rich meal as fast as you can after working out. I really can't think of anything else that would work for that kind of body structure. I guess you can be happy about being able to eat anything without gaining a pound. I'm the other way around, i gain easily but i also build muscle quite easily.

That place over there........ahh never mind

Fitness and Exercise

He could always take Steroids [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

it sucks for me too b/c I have that same type of body structure which blows

R.I.P Captain America.

Fitness and Exercise

Yea, though a diffrent part down south will probably shrink up a bit, but if he is big enough to take that there is nothing stopping him really...

Fitness and Exercise

It's actually good because people like me can eat anything and not worry about gaining weight.

Fitness and Exercise

I think it's cool how metabolism is a double-edged sword as PSJ described above, skinny people have a harder time gaining muscle (and generally -really- want to gain muscle too) while the "muscular" types gain weight easily but also gain muscles easily (and hilariously often want to be skinny). Ah, humanity at it's best...

Fitness and Exercise

I'm average but out of shape and my goal is similar to Terra's: I want to be a stick.

I have a long way to go. So far, one of my biggest problems is my tummy. I think I need to do a lot of sit-ups, but I don't like them. Any suggestions?

Fitness and Exercise

Skip the sit ups if you go for a stick type of body, sit ups will generally make your abs stand out a bit so if you don't work out your chest to, your stomach will stick out a bit and look bigger than it is. You should do alot of cardio exercise, power walking is a great way to loose weight. Get a bottle of half a litre in each hand and fill them up with water then you walk at a fast pace while holding the bottles, i myself have never tried it but i have heard that it should work.

Fitness and Exercise

I'm about 5'8" and 145 pounds. I'm 17 years old. I like to eat and I eat a lot, but I can't eat much at one time. I drink a lot of liquids tho. I want to gain weight and improve my pecs and abs. I'm not a big fan of bench pressing, so i can only do 155 lbs. I want to get an NBA type body.

Fitness and Exercise

About 6 months ago I went a bit crazy and lost about 25 kilos in two weeks. How did I do it? Stupid, probably dangerous methods.

I ate nothing but fruit every day apart from the regular dinner cooked for the family. I literally drank nothing but water. I did 1-2 hours of aerobics every day. I lifted my half my own weight in my backyard gym for arms, chest and legs every second day.

It was stupid, but effective. I went from 95 kilos to about 70 kilos or so in two weeks. Everyone was amazed at the change in my appearance and heaps of people thought I was on drugs and got all worried, haha.

Since then I've gone back to my old eating habits (eating out a lot with friends, junkfood, softdrinks, etc) but I've managed to keep off the weight because I've kept up the exercise. I've come to learn that what PSJ said is true, "If you train right, you can eat whatever you want".

Masamuneehs, you say you hate running because it's dangerous for you to do so, right? I'd recommend getting some kind of aerobic exercise dvd and doing it in the comfort of your own place 3 times a week. You can start off small and build your stamina up to doing longer sessions. The one I originally did went for 20 minutes, then 30 minutes and later 45 minutes. These days I go for jogging sessions that last for about an hour to an hour and a half.

My next goal is to have a visable six-pack. My arms and chest are looking fairly good so I'm pretty happy in that regard. It helps having a gym in your back yard because you don't even have to go anywhere.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

Fitness and Exercise

wow, show me a picture

not that im gay or anything

Fitness and Exercise

Yea, Raven if you got a before and after picture that would rule.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Fitness and Exercise

Raven, the aerobics idea is absolutely genius. I should have thought of it earlier!

And on that note, can anyone recommend a good aerobics video/workout series? There are so many absolutely shitty ones out there... I'd prefer one that didn't make use of too many props and stuff like that. Thanks in advance, this thread has turned out to give me alot of good ideas.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Fitness and Exercise

Taibo was all the rage a few years back. I think it was a bit martial-arty and didn't use any props at all. But I also think DDR is a great workout, even though you'd have to invest in that dancing pad.

Fitness and Exercise

DDR is ok, but with the constant stopping and starting there's plenty of chances for your heart rate to drop. The good thing about walk/jog aerobics is that they're constant movement with gradual increases in speed, and it safely raises the heart rate. With DDR, it's either extreme or none, it's static, if you get what I mean.

I'll try to find you the links for the programs I used, masamuneehs.

*EDIT: Here's a link for the dvds that I used. If you scroll down about half way you'll see them. I started with the 1 mile, then later moved onto 2, 3 and 4. Usually her programs are pretty good, I'd recommend them.

Not that I'd expect you'd buy them or anything, it's just to give you an idea.

Originally posted by: PSJ
    Yea, Raven if you got a before and after picture that would rule.
    Well, I dunno. I was kinda fat before, it's embarrassing.
    I think I know precisely what I mean
    when I say it's a schpadoinkle day

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Fitness and Exercise

Raven, those look pretty good, but, um...

How do I phrase this subtly?

I'm looking for a way to pirate such videos [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] I'll be looking around for one, and will share with the others if I find one that's good.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".