Thread: Featured VA of the month!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain

Featured VA of the month!

If you haven't, go visit the frontpage now!

www.gotwoot.net

You may notice a new featured article there, written by yours truly. Well, I've spoken to some of the admins and gotten the permission to make some posts on the frontpage, including this featured VA of the month deal.

However, I am at somewhat of a disadvantage when it comes to evaluating and assessing VA's because I don't speak Japanese. That means I can't catch things like accents, pronunciation and alot of other subtle nuiances.

So I'm looking for some help. Anyone around here who understands Japanese or might be able to help me, I'd really appreciate it. Obviously you'll got props on the main page, and perhaps even some goody from the mods/admins; hey, ya never know.

Also, feel free to post any suggestions for future VA's of the month here. What I can improve on, who you'd like to see, reactions to shit I said, etc.

@ Mods, sorry if this should be posted elsewhere. I didn't really think it belonged in General Anime or General Discussion, and I thought this section fit the bill best. Feel free to move it if you like.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

I don't have any particular suggestions, but it could be a good idea to feature male and female VAs by turns.

An awesome thing would be if you got a little server space from Gotwoot so that you could put up lets say three short samples from various different roles performed by the dude/damsel currently under inspection in your article. I'm sure you have a nice archive of anime you could use to rip a few seconds of memorable lines (or you could ask for them from people you know here). You could use the same server space perhaps all the time, if that's an issue, and so only the samples for the new article would be available. But generally speaking tiny wavs (or mp3s) of few seconds each would take insignificant amount of space (and bandwidth as I don't think tens of thousands of people would be clicking those links anyway).

I don't know if there could be any technical difficulties with such a thing, but with the gurus behind this site, I don't think that should be a problem.

Edit: Like now you had a row of those little pics of the role characters Shuuichi has had. Wouldn't it be 1337 if by clicking each image you would get a characteristic line from that particular character?

I think you should do one on Akira Ishida.

I understand some of the basics of japanese but not enough to understand everything said in a big conversation, I think Psyke would be perfect for the job though.

Ovan, The Rebirth

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Guys I haven't gotten a whole lot of feedback on this new feature, and it really would be a great help to have someone who has at least a shred of knowledge of the Japanese language to just throw me a friggin bone here every now and then!

Please?

Next VA will indeed be a female. Haven't decided who...

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    Do you have any in mind? I'd say you should either do Megumi Hayashibara (as an easy cop-out), Satsuki Yukino, Fumiko Orikasa, or Romi Paku.

Those are all pretty popular voices you could find a lot of info for. The last 3 have done or are doing current series. I don't know any Japanese though, so I can't help except for reccomendations. Good luck.

I suggested this on irc, but i dont think wilik understood what i was trying to say, so i'll say it again.

Post you're VA article here in the announcements section (like make a thread solely for that purpose, no one else posts in it) cuz up at the front page not as many ppl will see it, and also it will get lost in a few days due to other announcements. Atleast here in the forums it will always be availeble.

Seiyuus aren't normal stars and animators are slaves

So apparently this is old news, but I just came across it today. It's rather disheartening, and really puts an impact into the way I view anime. Who else hasn't seen this?

Very interesting read. I guess, as fans, we rarely consider the business side of things. I wonder how much the young up-and-coming seiyus like Hirano Aya make. She does a lot of "extra-curricular" stuff.