Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What's your choice beverage?

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Usually water, but no tap water thanks. My preference goes to Evian or Volvic.

Espresso,
    not the ones you get in a bar that are either too light or burnt with no crema at all. I mean the Italian Espresso you'd get in Roma, Venice, Florence, Capri from an average Barista. First time you try, you even wonder wether it is coffee you're drinking.
    No sugar into such a nectar. I'm currently thinking of acquiring the tools and knowledge to try and have similar espressi at home. It just costs a lot of money and time for something that seems so simple (but is in fact very tricky)

Other than that, light teas with aerian aromas. Mint (light ones), citrus and the like aromas.
    Some herbal teas, I like some of the ayurvedic types. Not that I'm into the culture behind, only
    I like the taste and feeling. It so happens we have a nice brand having lots of types based in France.

No soft drinks, thanks. After like 5 to 10 years without approaching it, I recently had a small glass of coke and it is incredible how sugary and thick it felt. So much I wondered how I was able to drink that as a kid.
    At some point, I liked Schweppes for its bitterness, but too much sugar for me now.

No alcohol, never felt affinity with such beverages, regardless of prices/hype and culture associated.
    Last edited by David75; Sun, 11-27-2011 at 10:01 AM.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

I've recently read that one of the suspected reasons that men have less mental illnesses than women is that men self-medicate with alcohol.

I think it sounds plausible. what do you guys think?

sig made by Itachi-y2k5, thanks, dude!
    Currently Watching: probably a show directed at 9 years old girls, lets be honest.

You know the important distinction between Batman and me? Batman is fictional. In real life, there isn't always an alternative.

Awesome user with default custom title XanBcoo's Avatar
    I think that sounds like bullshit.

Link?

<@Terra> he told me this, "man actually meeting terra is so fucking big", and he started crying. Then he bought me hot dogs

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Well the "theory" goes like this:
    Natural selection only let the better/stronger survive. By continuously eliminating less performing brain cells, alcohol helps people having sharper brains

For mental illness and women, i'd search for burning out, hormonal disorders, abuse and the likes.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening. And then: Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage View Post
    recently its is WATER the source of all life and if its from the tap i don't mind, hey if it don't kill ya it makes you stronger and in that fact it is better lol..... i use to drink alot of coca cola like about 8-10 litres per week ( yep was addicted to caffine)then i just stopped...wow that was long ago.

something to wash down the chow other than water GINGER ALE or FRUIT PUNCH,the good stuff. gotta be chilled for maximum pleasure...

and now alcohol: corona, if i am just chilling with my friends and i have to drink to satisfy their wishes. but i gotta admit outa all the beers i have drank corona is gooood... if i am looking to get buzzed henessey, johnny walker black, hypnotic, grey goose, absolut vodka,jagamister (sorry can't spell it but it is good) ..... not a big fan of tequilla but quevo gold is alright.

Adding to the list: Johnny Walker Green (straight), Malibu and Pineapple, Grey Goose and Pineapple, Sake and Sapparo mix, Patron Silver, Modelo negra. Also started drinking Guiness; not often but it's not bad.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

for non alcoholic I like water, soda, coffee, and fruit juice, I love fruit juice because they are so healthy.
    and for alcoholic drink I like wines specially the red wines.

Ssikkek Korea BBQ

I've found something that removed the beer from the 'best type of beverage' spot - mead. I've drank only the one that has 1 part honey 2 parts water(known as Trojniak over here), but it degraded beer to the second spot. I'll need to try 1honey/1water and 1honey/0,5water types too(known as Dwójniak and Półtorak respectively over here('ó' is read in same way as 'u' in You for example).
    Number of works of fiction that made me shed at least one tear: 3
    Thou seeketh soul power, dost thou not?
    TOX: 33524385841A92B08787EEBEBA2DB51ED293C4F15A2E292F3F C92165E82388281433A77EA8FE

Awesome user with default custom title poopdeville's Avatar
    I work at a beer brewery. We make a good IPA, double alt, and double red ale. And some other stuff. I typically drink 2 pints and 2 22 oz bottles of whatever I can get my hands on every day. My favorite beer is Stone Brewery's Arrogant Bastard, but the beer I drink now is almost as good and free.

Also, Ketel One vodka is probably the best value in vodka. Way better than Absolut, and way cheaper than Grey Goose and the like.

Also, central American coffee, green tea, white tea, oolong. Cream soda is good on occasion. Jones' Soda make a decent bubble gum soda. Tap water is fine by me. I do like to bottle it and put it in the refrigerator, though.
    "After all, I am strangely colored."

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    I'm on a diet at the moment, and boy the locally made Regal Diet Cola is godsend.

It contains 8KJ (0.1% DI) and 58mg (2% DI) of sodium per serve, fills you up when you feel hungry or just need to top off a meal, feels nice and cold in summer.. and 12 cans cost $4 or so.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

No beverage, alcoholic or soft drink, over here ever calls itself "diet". If the name indicates it has reduced energy content, it's almost always "light", either in English or Finnish, or "zero" or something. "Diet" has a kind of negative connotation, really, which must be the reason. After all, you only choose a special diet after you notice something is wrong (like you are fat). A company producing something as altogether useless as a soft drink shouldn't be able to afford to associate its name with anything negative. However, seeing how "Diet Cola" is such a common term in many English speaking countries, it must be a big cultural difference.

In Australia at least, "diet-something" is probably more associated with "healthier-something", though the term is pretty much exclusive to softdrinks. "Light" is used in all other food products (or, as people would have it, "Lite").

In soft-drink terms, you'll find the word "diet" be associated with "tastes like shit". Luckily for me, my sense of taste isn't as picky as my sense of sound.

Had a '97 Grange with dad today. Honestly not sure whether I'd ever pay $600 for this myself, but it was definitely the oldest and best tasting red I've had.