Thread: Sig Comp - Round Three

Sig Comp - Round Three

Sorry about me being late.

The new theme is:

Cars

Submitions are due on 4/3/06

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Phoenix. do you have a scoreboard somewhere? Who is in the lead? This contest was based on points right?

I have the scoreboard on my PC. The only reason I haven't posted it is because some people asked me to keep it anonymous until the end.

For all you awesome people, it's just Phoenix. The numbers are just the amount of times people misspell it.

Aww, that makes it that much less interesting. Do we get to know how they scored each round once the comp is over or do we just get the complete score?

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ
    Aww, that makes it that much less interesting. Do we get to know how they scored each round once the comp is over or do we just get the complete score?
    I can understand why some people want to keep it anonymous until the end. If we had names associated with scores, it would be very easy (seeing as how only 2 rounds have gone by) to associate a name with a sig. After 5 rounds, it will be much harder (if not impossible) to do so.
    Can't wait to see the next set!

"Pudding can't fill the emptiness inside me! But it'll help."

That is also one of the things i don't get. After the vote is over i see no reason why to keep the makers anonymous. Why not just edit the posts with the sigs and put in the name of the maker next to it after the voting is done?

How many rounds is this thing going?

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ
    Well, both. At the end of each round so far, I posted the results and the points each person's sig got. Then, at the end of the whole thing, The final score for each will be givin, with the names. As for the rounds, Round 3 is the end of it.

I also think that keeping the names hidden is a little wierd, but it doesn't really effect much, so, its fine as is.

True, as long as it works for the contestants everything is fine really.

i think keeping the names hidden until then end of the competition is a great idea ....

first off it keeps the creator and the creation seperate.... it is cool not knowing who did it..
    also it keeps whatever feeling the people who are voting on the sigs have toward the creator seperate so there is no favortism going on because you like the person or not(providing the creators doesn't tell anyone... i know they won't do something like that) and thus you can judge freely without having any emotional baggage....

as for keeping track it not that hard, you just keep all the info from the rounds and then cross refference it with what you have at each round submission....

i also think it would be a great idea to post all the sigs from each round with the creators name attached to it at the end of the compitition so it is easy to compare and contrast the differences in the creators work in each round.... and so on.
    ___
    ---------------------------- "THE DROPOUT CREW"--------------------------------
    ________Deblas, IfingHateTonTon, RyougaZell, dragonrage.________

________ we may fuck up alot but we always pull thru.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage
    i also think it would be a great idea to post all the sigs from each round with the creators name attached to it at the end of the compitition so it is easy to compare and contrast the differences in the creators work in each round.... and so on.
    I was accualy gonna do that, just so people could be like:

"ZOMG!!! I HAD NO CLUE THAT *blank* MADE THAT!!! *blank* IS FUCKING AWSOME!!!!"

That is a great idea. Was gonna suggest that myself. I can't wait to see how it turns out in the last round, i'm a little sad that i'm not in the comp, these are always fun.

Awaiting the start of "SIG WARS",round 3. Let the battle being.. hai!
    ___

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrage
    Awaiting the start of "SIG WARS",round 3. Let the battle being.. hai!
    ......on that note, a reminder to all artists. I pushed back the due date to tommorow, the 4th. Anyone who is gonna partisipate, make sure I get it by 11:59PM on April 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix20578
    ......on that note, a reminder to all artists. I pushed back the due date to tommorow, the 4th. Anyone who is gonna partisipate, make sure I get it by 11:59PM on April 4th.

aawwwww.. i got all pumped up for nothing... lol.. guess another day or 24 hours can't hurt.
    Last edited by dragonrage; Tue, 04-04-2006 at 09:24 PM.
    ___

damn i should have come here yestrey, well i cant make one so ill just post a car sig that i made before

here it is, sorry if it doest fit regulation dimensions

[X]
    [PSJ] Owns All

dude^^^^^^^^^^^^..... the topic for this thread says...."sig comp round three", meaning that its an on going competition that started already. Meaning that entry into the comp. is already closed.....

seriously man do you even read any of the previous posts or topic for that matter, this i like the 4th time i have read something that you just blurted out.... without any prior knowledge of what is going on.....your rep is a reflection of how people feel about you doing that..... slow down take a little time to read 1 page or 2 before letting your fingers take control......please.

edit: i stand corrected, thank you phoenix...I didn't know that you could enter in each individual round ,but doesn't that screw up the points system if you do that.....

but djblingsing read alittle more before posting..... please.....
    Last edited by dragonrage; Tue, 04-04-2006 at 10:11 PM.
    ___

Well, I said before that you can enter in any of the round, or ommit yourself from any of them. There are only two reasons why I wont let that sig in:

1. The limits are 450 X 150 Max, so yours is already disqualified

2. I told everyone countless times, whether it was here or on AIM, to directly send ME the pics and NOT to post them. I'm taking care of that. By posting them, It gives people an unfair advantage of being seen longer than another one.

There are about 3 or 4 threads for this comp, this being one of the last of them. The rules can be checked in two of them on the first page.

Its a good sig. You have some talent and vision, but make sure you know all the rules before you jump the gun like that. I'm planning on hosting another comp in about 6-8 weeks, unless someone else want to host one. Try again then.

Voting will start in 1 hour in a new thread.