Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Customized computer?

I don't know. I don't work there anymore.

However, from what I do know, September-October seems like a likely time frame. They only got the first batch of chips right when I left (end of April).

I see, well what do you think they will be performance wise? A single "5870" just as fast as a 4850x2 at least?
    I mean its bound to be at least 230 euro when it launches, and the 4850x2 is 170 now here.
    -----------------

The specs indicate that it will be one heck of a card, but I can't really say anything about real performance.

Nice, well that's all I need to know, guess I'll just wait on them instead of getting an 4870x2.
    -----------------

Anyone here using the Tuniq Tower on an AMD system and you don't need the Intel C2D bracket, if you want to sell the bracket, please contact me.

In good news, the Tuniq Tower HSF has a hefty rebate at Newegg.com. The product costs $55 with free shipping, and has a $25 mail-in rebate. I don't like rebates, but I'll probably end up getting this if no one can help with the spare bracket.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    Ani, are you in the states right now?

I have an extra stock 775 cooler lying around if you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    Ani, are you in the states right now?

I have an extra stock 775 cooler lying around if you want it.
    Yes I am back in Houston for the summer. You're in Dallas right? I was planning to overclock the Q6600 so it might be worthwhile to go ahead and get the Tuniq with the rebate. But I am trying to be more frugal so paying for your stock cooler would be cheaper than buying the new Tuniq.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?

if you pm me your address I'll send you the cooler. I thought it was unused but maybe I used it for testing or something.

Quote Originally Posted by itadakimasu
    if you pm me your address I'll send you the cooler. I thought it was unused but maybe I used it for testing or something.
    Thanks man, but I ordered the Tuniq Tower and it should arrive today. If anyone is in need of a Tuniq Tower for any CPU besides Intel C2D or C2Q, I'll let you have it for cheap.

I got a 4670(1gb ATI Radeon $55) to replace the super hot x1950xt in my wifes computer and I was expecting temps to be alot lower, but they're mid 50's.
    Before I upgraded gpu z, it was saying gpu = 350c.

I was thinking temps would be lower because it doesn't require additional power : ( I haven't tried running anything on it yet.. Might try some counterstrike and see how it runs.

What do you guys think about the Antec Skeleton? I'm almost tempted to get one. It could be alot better than my gigantic 3d aurora that I have my micro atx board in.

4670 doesn't use much power at all. You need to realize that just because one card uses less power than another doesn't mean it has to have lower temperatures. Power is related to how much heat it generates, while temperature is determined mainly by how well it's cooled. The X1950XT has a much larger cooling solution. A card that uses 10W of power can run at 120 degrees if you don't cool the chip at all, while a card that uses 300W can run at -150 degrees if you put it under liquid nitrogen.

BOC, one more question. Do you think the "5870" would be pairable with a 4870? Kinda like how the 3870 is pairable with it.
    -----------------

I doubt it. The driver will need to support that, and I'm really not sure if it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Animeniax
    Crossfire is the least of my worries. Are there even any games out that you'd need dual videocards for these days?

I ordered the P5Q Pro Turbo from Newegg since it's only $15 more but there's a $15 rebate. That way I can still use my DDR2 800 RAM and not have to buy new stuff. Maybe once I switch to Vista 64 I'll get the higher capacity and higher speed RAM.
    I think you need them if you are running say 2560 x 1600 resolution. Then in some games where there are Physx and some other stuff that is running which can really eat up fps you may need it. Also if you run with max AF and AA at that resolution, believe me you need all the horsepower you can get!

Well yes, if you're looking to max out every game while still running superbly high frame rates, then you'd obviously need all the horsepower you can get. However, in terms of simply playing games, a single high-end card is sufficient for everything.

I'm building a new system.... I'm getting a pretty good deal on both of these cases but am only going to use one and might move my current system into the other or just hold onto it for my next build.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811103010
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9&Tpk=monolith

I haven't decided which way I'm going yet for Mobo/CPU/RAM.

Microcenter has the i7 920 for $199, but I'm undecided yet. I'm getting a 300gb velociraptor for $122 thanks to ebay bucks and cashback from bing.com ^^ ( if you haven't heard about this you need to sign up.... 8% cash back from ebay auctions )

I think I'm going w\ a 4870 1gb for the video card, possibly 2 depending on what I end up doing for a motherboard.

Should I get 2x 1gb 4670's :
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161273

Or a single 4870-4890 (1gb) ?
    Last edited by itadakimasu; Thu, 07-09-2009 at 10:29 AM.

OK. The new build is coming along... hopefully will have everything together by next week.

i7 920
    motherboard - Asus P6T Deluxe v2 (didn't realise it was the one without SAS... but I dont have SAS drives so no biggie.) $285 / ebay w\ $28 cashback savings ^^
    Ram -TBA (12gb) can't decide on ram still, maybe frys has a sale this week?
    sapphire hd4870 Vapor-x 2GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102826
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811103010 - Case
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817226001 - Power
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136322 - HDD
    Also have a 23'' Dell widescreen on the way.
    Last edited by itadakimasu; Thu, 07-23-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Family Friendly Mascot Buffalobiian's Avatar
    12GB.....man, I'm still considering whether or not I want to get the 64bit Windows 7 or 32bit.

2GB's already plenty for me. The only real problem is when I upgrade to graphics cards with even more VRAM that there'll be even less system RAM to address.

If you're going for a 4870 2GB, is a 4870 X2 2GB not worth it? I would imagine it to make better use of the full 2GB VRAM.
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Tue, 07-21-2009 at 08:23 PM.

If it's not Isuzu-chan Mii~

I saw the 12gb kits and was intrigued : )

I already have a 585w power supply and if I get the 4870 x2 i think it would take too much power.

Still trying to decide on a motherboard. I like gigabyte so I may stick w\ them.

Awesome user with default custom title KrayZ33's Avatar
    I want to buy a new PC and thought this one is pretty good (gaming PC)

Antec Three Hundred Midi Tower
    Enermax PRO82+ 625w
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 (3,2gh)
    Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2
    RAM: G.Skill 4gb (2 modules) (upgradeable to 16gb)
    Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 1024mb
    Mainboard: GigaByte GA-MA770-UD3
    Harddrive: 640gb HD642JJ, 640 GB, SATA, 7200 rpm
    dvd-burner and drive
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64-Bit (OEM)

I think this one will cost around 1000 euro
    what do you guys think?