Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Customized computer?

yeah, that is what i meant with "trickery", cause you don't hear in 2.1, even though your ears are stereo, you perceive sounds from every direction, not just 2 straightup sources, that is why (for games at least), 2.1 fails horribly.
    -----------------

And shinji, is epically lame !!!! Man what a great show with worst main character :P Wish I had no sound at all when he talked..

I believe you're in the wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZie
    I believe you're in the wrong thread.
    You shouldn't put too much faith in what you believe, believing is overrated
    (read before you reply)

I was merely proving that sound can be a bad thing ^^

Burning out, no really... David75's Avatar
    Well lots of things said here...

We have two ears. And if you have two perfect speakers, sound system and room, that should be enough to reproduce sound in front of you (like a concert).

Problem: no speaker is perfect, neither room or sound system...

Then it has been very convenient for audio equipment companies to sell over 2 speakers for sounds behind you...
    The thing is that most of the time you do not need these sounds, even in action movies. They tend to occupy less than 5% of the time... And with hypequalitystandards, you should have every speaker of the same quality... which is absurd when at least two of them are almost all the time useless...
    Add to this that in these systems most of the time the central speaker is the crapiest... when it occupies more than 70% of the time in almost any movie... and you have all the reasons to be mad...

All in all, a Z5500 will fit in almost any mid setup, it is quite cheap for what it does. The main concern being it should be replaced as it is quite old now.

If quality really matters, prepare yourself for long searches and trials, to think about the room etc...
    My POV on this is to choose monitor speakers and mono numeric amplifiers attached to a pc. So that I can have any major evolution for a few bucks, quickly after they are out.
    Major is defined by my opinion on what is proposed, so I do not change that often....

Ah, and 90% of the time at least, I'm on an old pro headset I had 18 years ago...
    It's probably not ubergood, but at least I know it well, which also is very important...

Been thinking of buying myself a new computer for a little while now, it's main purpose will be for gaming, and maybe for some occasionally video/image editing.

I will have max 1200€ budget for it.
    Here's the main parts of something wich i just put together, my main concern is about the processor. Im considering if it's worth upgrading it to an E6600 instead for the E4400. (Have barely kept myself up to date with the industry since i bought my last copmuter for around 4 years ago)

EVGA e-GeForce 8800 GTS "Superclocked"
    322.69 EUR

ACER AL2016WS 20" WIDE TCO03/8MS
    205.92 EUR

MSI S775 IP35 DDR2 SATA2 GLAN 8-CH ATX
    116.27 EUR

COLORS-IT CO-8046-C43/520W
    60.80 EUR

2GB 800MHZ DDR2 NON-ECC CL5 DIMM
    100.65 EUR

SEA BARRACUDA 7200.10 400GB 16MB UATA100
    105.47 EUR

INTEL CORE 2 E4400 2.0GHZ 800/2M S775
    132.36 EUR

Currently it's totalling at: 1099 €

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Get a 320 GB or 500 GB SATA hard drive instead. 400 GB is generally not a good value.

and change that psu, ive never hear od color-it
    -----------------

Yeah. I've heard too many first-hand stories of people ending up with dead systems due to fried noname PSUs. I've always had good choices with my PSUs, but it certainly looks like the absolutely wrong place to try to save a few euros. And besides, only with a quality PSU you actually know you can get the output the specs promise.

Awesome user with default custom title itadakimasu's Avatar
    PSU :
    WWW.ZIPZOOMFLY.COM

COOLERMASTER eXtreme Power 550W RP-550-PCAR Power Supply Retail ***Free Shipping***
    MFG SKU: RP-550-PCAR
    Our Price: $34.99 + Free shipping.

I just did a system upgrade recently so im going to wait until at least this time next year before i do anything drastic to my current set up. A new video card is in my immediate future though, i have to get some finances in place before i drop $200-$300 on a video card though

To Sandldan: Where in Europe do you live? If it's The Netherlands I can help you or else you'll have to search for a site like this dutch one www.tweakers.net.
    It has an pricewatch page and has the cheapest stores on it. Try to google it for your area... btw, ins't ur avatar from Hajime No Ippo?

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

I live in Finland, but thanks anyways.
    I've been using similiar sites or just comparing the prices myself, it's overall somewhat expensive to buy a computer here. The store im buying it from is among the ones with the lowest prices. Plus i've known the owner for that particular store from before he started it so i usually get some kind of bonus

Yeah the avatar is Sendo Takeshi from Hajime No Ippo, taken from Champion Road

Hmmkay, 2bad its expensive there. I live in Holland wich has a lot of import for Europe.. Maybe that's why it's cheaper here. I hope you'll manage then with your connections . BTW, I hope by "bonus" you mean discount , cause usually it's used for something extra which in your case wouldn't helpfull .

Hmm not quite there yet, just started Hajime No Ippo, I'm @ the 30st episode. I'm where he first meets him and forgets his bag @ the train staton. Goin' to watch now, buh bai and goodluck!
    Last edited by Killa-Eyez; Wed, 06-27-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Now... we can click as warriors... button to button, it is the basis of all internet.
    Only a fool trusts his life to a virus.

AMD just had a price cut on some of their processors just recently.

And I also modded my xbox controller to work on my pc as a gamepad. Its really sweet

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4...ture002va0.jpg

LaZie ! that is cool what is the usb plug from?

and yes... your sasuke sig is awesome.

On to computers.... I need a new vid card soon. I've been looking at x1950's but there seems to countless varieties of them... i'e seen the newere hd ones but dont think i want that, im keeping the price range less than or equal to $200

I took a spare iPod usb plug and used it to mod my xbox controller.

For the video card, if you want an x1950 I would go with this one. Of course it doesn't support DX10.

If you want a DX10 card I would go with a 8600GTS.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130084

I want to stay with ATI. The card you show me... nice but i dont know if i have the connector for pci like it has, i will ahve to look at my psu connections. I almost want to run crossfire, but i just recently upped my board, cpu and ram so i dont want to get another mobo so soon.

You don't want to run crossfire. Its not all that its made out to be. Performance boost is only about 40-50%. You'd be better off spending the money for a high end GPU than 2 mid ones as the higher end will outperform both cards in crossfire.

DX10 is useless, especially on the 8600GTS.

Anyone know when Intel will drop prices on their C2D CPUs? I heard mid-July but prices seem about the same. I'm looking at the Q6600.

For God will not permit that we shall know what is to come... those who by some sorcery or by some dream might come to pierce the veil that lies so darkly over all that is before them may serve by just that vision to cause that God should wrench the world from its heading and set it upon another course altogether and then where stands the sorcerer? Where the dreamer and his dream?