Thread: Customized computer?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You guys are thinking way too expensive for what you want to do with it. A perfectly good and upgradable anime watching/internet browsing computer can be had for 400-500$ (USD).

i posted this previously in the thread:
    I suggest just building your own computer with these parts (or comparable), and if you don't know how, learn how. It's extremely simple. Unless you buy a crappy lower end Dell or HP computer you will be REALLY overspending. That, and if you end up taking your computer to Best Buy or FS to be fixed for something, 95% of the time they will have absolutely no clue what they're doing. I've seen many a computer come out of Best Buy with more problems than when they went in.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto=pwnage
    will it be fast? will I be able to make capable of wireless internet? and if I wanted to add another hard drive to it would it be able to handle it? all suggestions are appreciated
    Any modern computer will fit this bill. They're all fast enough for what you're going to use it for, you can add another HD, and you can use wireless if you so choose. There's no reason to buy a 1000$+ computer just for these things.
    Last edited by mage; Mon, 06-05-2006 at 11:12 PM.