I hope this provides clarification:

YOU ARE VOTING FOR THE PERSON YOU WANT TO LOSE!
I believe you will be able to vote for one person out of each of the groups, and at the end of the first voting session the two with the most votes to be kicked off within each group get kicked off. At some point the teams are narrowed down and we continue until there is only one GotWoot Survivor.

What they are doing:
Events will be announced in due time, but they're basically there to give voters different angles to look at and judge who to vote off. But votes can be cast for whatever reasons you want.

Basically the idea is very much like the Survivor TV series, We start with 20 members and after 4 voting rounds we will have only one. Each voting round there will be 3-5 members the members of the forum will vote on, to vote off the contest. It will go like this

Starting with 20 members we divide them into 4 "Teams" of 5 and have 4 voting sessions go on at the same time. The next week the 2 members from each team that have the most votes are voted off, this leaves us with 12. On the second week we merge two teams together so we have 2 teams of 6 .We have another round of voting, and 2 get kicked off. For the 3rd round we have 8 members left and the vote will happen again with their 2 teams, so we end up with 4 members for the 4th and final round. The Final round has those 4 now being voted on to be the winner.
I am going off of discussion that some of the staff had, and as far as I'm aware the quote above is the format picked for voting off and all that jazz.