Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Manga Discussion

It's pretty hard to see the meaningfulness of a time jump like this. It means they are all the same, but the world around them is seven years more advanced. Aside from Zeref and Iwan, does that even mean anything, because Fairy Tail members are pretty much the only consistent characters we deal with. And Lucy's old man, haha. I wonder if he managed to pull it off during these seven years. Maybe he's rich again! Zeref, however, has been around since times immemorial, so seven years mean absolutely nothing to him. Oh, well, maybe the next chapters will reveal if the time jump just had to happen to signify how much ass a dragon kicks or if it had a deeper meaning after all.

Meh... there goes my theory of they somehow returning to their timeline. Only good thing about this is that Zeref probably made Grimoire Heart grow... or made his own Dark Guild. This time skip kills all significance of Iwan's subplot as well... having both Laxus and Gajeel among the 'lost'.

At least we know the leftover members won't ever have even a tiny chapter devoted to them... if they've been relegated to the background bunch that aged.

Levy hugging Lily looked cute. I loled when Droy and Jet got scared of Laxus.

I noticed that all the fairy tail members of the young generation we kept seeing on the flashbacks were among the 'lost'. Sure... Jet, Droy, Alzac and Bizka seem to be of the age of Natsu & co... but we've never seen their young selves on flashnacks... like all the others (Natsu, Gray, Erza, Mirajane, Lisanna, Elfman, Levy and Cana)

Blog Entries
    Who's to say they joined Fairy Tail as young as the others?

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    Who's to say they joined Fairy Tail as young as the others?
    That was my point exactly. Those that were together back then are among those that time travelled. So its probably safe to assume that, aside from new characters, this time travelling bunch will be the 'main group'. That is... we won't see Bizca, Droy or Macao getting the spotlight in the future. Maybe Romeo... but thats it.

Blog Entries
    I think that was safe to assume even before the timeskip

ANBU Captain
    Well that was pointless. Was the last two chapters a giant cock stroke for acnologia and the power of friendship?! Give it a rest! We are ANIME/MANGA readers/watchers we have long since had the importance of friendship beaten into our brains by far worse explinations.

Anyways, so now after that time skip I guess the only character that will probably get some burn will be this new kid romeo who seems to wield flame magic of some sort. Oh and the chick with the cowboy hat and huge tits for some good ol' fan serivce.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toonice714 View Post
    Well that was pointless. Was the last two chapters a giant cock stroke for acnologia and the power of friendship?! Give it a rest! We are ANIME/MANGA readers/watchers we have long since had the importance of friendship beaten into our brains by far worse explinations.

Anyways, so now after that time skip I guess the only character that will probably get some burn will be this new kid romeo who seems to wield flame magic of some sort. Oh and the chick with the cowboy hat and huge tits for some good ol' fan serivce.
    He's most likely a fire mage like his father seeking to imitate Natsu's fighting style.

So the the guild had outgrown the world of magic from 7 years ago (apart from Zeref) and the only way to keep it challenging for them was to age the rest of the world around them? It's like the author got 2/3 of the Baram alliance (with Grimoire Heart supposedly being the strongest) annihilated way too quickly and realized he was running out enemies.

I don't necessarily think Alzack and Bizca have to get sidelined. Those two just got a slight appearance overhaul and got married. It doesn't matter if they aged by 7 years since we didn't know their ages or anything about them to begin with. Also, amongst all the mages left, the author seems to have preserved them somewhat. They seem to be going out and performing real missions unlike the other losers who just sit there and get bullied.

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    And this series really loves the number 7. Lucy's mom dying and the disappearance of the dragons are both in the year 777. And now 7 year time skip. Hiro really loves that number doesn't he?

Chapter 256

[MangaStream & Binktopia] Fairy Tail c.256:
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    I really don't care about any of this... and honestly I'm still annoyed that we got a time skip with no power ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I really don't care about any of this... and honestly I'm still annoyed that we got a time skip with no power ups.
    Ah shut up already. Not all time skips have to be about power ups. This time skip brought a bit of drama and changed the world completely. Personally I find this time skip refreshing.

- Something big happened with Jellal
    - Lucy's dad passed away
    - Meredy and Ultear probably did something big
    - Zeref
    - The unknown #1 guild

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    Ah shut up already. Not all time skips have to be about power ups. This time skip brought a bit of drama and changed the world completely. Personally I find this time skip refreshing.

- Something big happened with Jellal
    - Lucy's dad passed away
    - Meredy and Ultear probably did something big
    - Zeref
    - The unknown #1 guild
    ... yes they have to, power ups are awesome >_>

While I'm not as negative as Archie, I feel like this empty aftermath of the time skip is stretched already. It's too melancholic for Fairy Tail. If there were the power-ups Archie misses, this all would likely feel completely different. But now we have the feeling that these folks were left behind and don't belong anymore. They only find additional troubles brought by the missed years. The weak, ramshackle guild as well might be more like a shackle. Without it, they might be better able to concentrate on figuring out, as a time jump group only, what to do next. But now they are diluted by the others.

Oh, well, by the looks of it we might get more melancholy by individuals (or small teams) going out and finding out likely sad things about the state of the world and the people they once knew.

I wonder what Droy and Jet meant when they said they 'can't go out with Levy anymore'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RyougaZell View Post
    I wonder what Droy and Jet meant when they said they 'can't go out with Levy anymore'
    Because then they'd be pedos?

Awesome user with default custom title NeoCybercoin's Avatar
    You mean they weren't before?

Chapter 257

[MangaStream & Binktopia] Fairy Tail c.257
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    WHAT A TWIST!

Chapter 258

[MangaStream & Binktopia] Fairy Tail c.258:
    Last edited by Buffalobiian; Fri, 09-14-2012 at 10:34 PM.