Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Help me!" Thread

Upstate, south side, west region, east of the 7-11.
    I donwloaded a demo file for nero but it is a file named nero.exe.part. How do I open this file, what program do I need?
    Last edited by drims; Mon, 03-27-2006 at 11:55 PM.

Made by IFHTT
    “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” Pope John Paul II

^ If it is still a .part, it means the download didn't get finished properly. You'll need to redownload it, assuming its Firefox you downloaded it with.
    Last edited by IFHTT; Tue, 03-28-2006 at 01:27 AM.

I'm having trouble copying DVDs due to copyprotection. I have DVD decrypter and DVD shrink but neither seem to get back the copy protection. I'm assuming it's because these programs are out of date because the problem is with newer DVDs. Anybody know any new programs out there for decrypting DVDs? I use Nero as my default burning program so I don't know if perhaps their latest update might also be the reason for my copyprotection troubles. Any help would be much appreciated!

What's the DVD you are trying to copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Budweineken
    What's the DVD you are trying to copy?
    Well, the DVDs giving me trouble right now are Serenity and News Radio season 3. I found a little fix though it isn't perfect. I uninstalled InCD which came with the Nero bundle and that helped stop the "not responding" problem I would get when the burn was unsuccessful. But now I can decrypt the DVDs with DVD decrypter and shrink them with DVD Shrink but DVD Shrink still refuses to burn the DVD due to copy protection but I can pop the files that DVD Shrink shrunk into Nero and it burns them no problem. This definately isn't the preffered method since it's a pain in the ass so if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

I use DVD Decrypter, and it works fine for me.

Anywho, I don't think it's the 'version' your using. Maybe the DVD's are getting better at protectin' there shit.

a fountain pourin' like an avalanche, comin' down the mountain
    Two things: Anyone know where I can find some active torrents of any Carpark North albums (preferably the most recent two)? PirateBay, Torrentspy, Mininova all only have dead ones...
    edit: theyre moving now...albeit ultra slowly...

also,
    I need some help with this month's featured VA. I'm doing Romi Paku and I sorta wanted to include something on her role in Samurai7 (Katsushiro Okamato).

If anyone who has seen that show (or Law of Ueki or Air Master) would be so kind to drop me some lines about her performance in those shows I'd be very grateful.
    Last edited by masamuneehs; Tue, 03-28-2006 at 09:48 AM.

Humans are different from animals. We must die for a reason. Now is the time for us to regulate ourselves and reclaim our dignity. The one who holds endless potential and displays his strength and kindness to the world. Only mankind has God, a power that allows us to go above and beyond what we are now, a God that we call "possibility".

To protect my computer I have Avast, Syware Doctor, Spybot, and Ad-Aware. Are there an other programs I NEED or any I don't need anymore?

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by xDarkMaster
    To protect my computer I have Avast, Syware Doctor, Spybot, and Ad-Aware. Are there an other programs I NEED or any I don't need anymore?
    well there is a interesting amount of anti-spyware programs there

avast! was a Secure Computing Awards 2006 Finalist, it is aimed at preventing several types of threats, including those that are not technically computer viruses such as spyware, and can also make a Virus Recovery DataBase which is used to recover files.

Spyware Doctor can remove spyware, adware, keyloggers, dialers and Trojan horses with good speed I find as well has a support system to deal with spyware that it doesn't detect, doesn't know about, or doesn't properly remove.

SpyBot is the most recommended free anti-spyware program on the Internet, although it doesn't detect as much as others it is by far the most reliable, easist to use and install. That ability to undo every step is very nice too. I have had cases though that it gives you spyware (That it doesn't detect) as well, they have fixed this in later versions.

Ad-Aware I don't like at all, It is not as good at all like the others you have there and has to take more then one scan to get everthing, and yet still misses alot. although it has proven in later versions to beat even Spybot. I still don't like it though, but thats my bias.

All are good tools to use (Although having more then 2 seems a little over-doing it) personal I'd look up microsofts one and after I've fully tested that new one they have (destroyer is it?) I may have to have a say on that
    image fail!

@ xDarkMaster :

What I would like to know is that what are you protecting from the rest of the world?

@ ChiaCheese :

This is a very comprehensive website for all your needs.

http://www.doom9.org/

So, is that a get rid of Ad-Aware? What about AVG?

@Jad: shhhhh!
    Last edited by xDarkMaster; Tue, 03-28-2006 at 07:10 PM.

Help:

I havn't found a thread like 'What Anime Are You Currently Watching" and I don't know where to search. If there is one, please tell me where, if there isn't one, please tell me where to make one.

Don't know if this is what your asking for but it's close.

Your best bet would be to try "General Anime"
    ...and I'm pretty sure there IS one there.
    10/4/04 - 8/20/07

Well, dark, that is, but isn't.

It's a pretty common thread on forums with anime, "What anime did you last watch", or "What anime are you currently watching"

I searched General Anime, and did not find either. Will it be okay if I make one, or should I search more, just incase?

Upstate, south side, west region, east of the 7-11.
    Any recommendations on a good, free, firewall that doesnt take up too much ram? Is it safe to get a firewall through torrent and not download.com?

All help appreciated.

Made by IFHTT
    “Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth; and God has placed in the human heart a desire to know the truth—in a word, to know himself—so that, by knowing and loving God, men and women may also come to the fullness of truth about themselves.” Pope John Paul II

If I could change my name
    to Saberfire... I would
    Quote Originally Posted by drims
    Any recommendations on a good, free, firewall that doesnt take up too much ram? Is it safe to get a firewall through torrent and not download.com?

All help appreciated.
    Windows Firewall, it's as free as it came with SP2 for Windows XP. As well what are you trying to apply it for?
    image fail!

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    I need some help getting my Commodore 64 emulator to work. I have several actually, but I've run into problems with all of them. I tried CCS64 2.0b and got some games to load, but once I got to the title screen, I couldn't get it to accept input from my keyboard. I configured the keyboard controls in the input settings, but it still didn't seem to work. I also tried Come Back 64.0.9B but that wouldn't accept any keyboard input even from the load screen. I couldn't even get to attempting to load a game. Next, I tried the PC-64 emulator, but it was ridiculously slow, and gave me strange errors. I also tried Emu64 but it was all in German, and when I loaded up a game it gave me a gibberish looking screen. Any help would be appreciated. I want to play the old school C64 games I remember from my early childhood.

Hmmmm, I think I used to have a working C64 emulator, not sure were it is though.

While I'm looking for it why don't you try some of these.

Okay, I think got CCS64 2 to work. Just read number four.
    Last edited by xDarkMaster; Sat, 04-01-2006 at 10:25 AM.

Lasers? Cookies? FTW!
    (universally beloved
    moderator ex-emerita)
    Ah, those instructions are much more comprehensive than the ones I was using. I think this just might work now! I'll load it up when I get home and see if it runs. Thanks so much, xDM! I'll let you know how it works out.

Edit: It works awesome now! Yay!!!
    Last edited by KitKat; Mon, 04-03-2006 at 07:59 PM.